• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

B!squick

Smash Master
Why the random name change Spade? And are you trying to match the coolness of my Don Karnage avatar? I'm sorry, sir, but it just can not be done. Ever. In life. *solemn nod*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
We have some discussions actually going but other then that nothing has actually happened.

-:bowser:Bowser King
Sounds just like Bowser Boards, haha.

@JayDeth:
I made a blog about the "random" nickchange. And you're right. I just can try to come close to Karnage's coolness.
Although I might beat you out when October comes in cause then I'll wear my Halloween avatar.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lol, wow. This place is incredibly dead. A half day and noone posted here. :p

Anyway, I'm going to be the Discussion Leader for the Bowser Boards now.

This means that I'm basically the link between Bowser's community and the staff of SWF. With this rank, I am still a normal user without actual power, but I'm just one step below the moderator. I'll be, together with the moderation, looking over the discussions going on here and make sure that everything is in order.

Furthermore, I'll be representative for the concerns and wishes of our boards. If you have anything you want to talk about concerning the Bowser Boards, posting here or anything in general about SWF, please be sure to contact me. I'm able to directly speak with the SWF moderation and administration, therefore I'm sure we will find some consensus to build on.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If you can deal with the lag, I'm up for a few games. Although I'm terrible at WiFi. We could try Bowser dittos too, though mine is VERY rusty, haha.

Flayl

Smash Hero
lol, wow. This place is incredibly dead. A half day and noone posted here. :p

Anyway, I'm going to be the Discussion Leader for the Bowser Boards now.

This means that I'm basically the link between Bowser's community and the staff of SWF. With this rank, I am still a normal user without actual power, but I'm just one step below the moderator. I'll be, together with the moderation, looking over the discussions going on here and make sure that everything is in order.

Furthermore, I'll be representative for the concerns and wishes of our boards. If you have anything you want to talk about concerning the Bowser Boards, posting here or anything in general about SWF, please be sure to contact me. I'm able to directly speak with the SWF moderation and administration, therefore I'm sure we will find some consensus to build on.
What? No, sorry, you do not have the credentials to be our discussion leader. If anything, SuSa is our mod of choice (among many other character boards I'm sure).

Our link to the SBR and staff or whatever should be Vex as he actually plays top players often with Bowser.

You really don't have any right to come in here and appoint yourself as our representative, sorry.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm neither staff nor SBR representative.

And while I did indeed take a break from the Bowser boards for a couple months, discarding everything I did in here and in general for Bowser to be absolutely nothing and "having no credentials" and "no right to come in here" is quite insulting.
I still know a lot about Bowser as character and it won't take me long to get re-acquainted with the boards since I've been lurking them despite my leave.

Furthermore, how many times I play with top players or not does absolutely have nothing to do with responsibility and representation.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I really don't want to antagonize you Onishiba, but you give yourself too much credit for what you actually do/play.

I didn't say you didn't have a right to come here, I said you didn't have the right to represent us in any way. And I stand by that.

Feel free to post here if you want to learn more about Bowser or play some of us online.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You do know that I was Spadefox, right? You do know that I do know about Bowser, right? Or have you forgotten everything?

It's not like I forgot anything about this character at all. But I'm neither saying I'm one of the best Bowser players. I never said this, can you point me to where I did?

What I am doing here is being someone to talk to if you have problems regarding these forums.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Oni, you might want to further explain that you are basically just an eye over the boards in a way.

If you see something up, you have close contact with the staff to get it fixed, although you aren't staff yourself.

Flayl, think of it like a volunteer policeman. They don't really have much power, but they do stuff. xD

You don't really "represent" the Bowser boards. You're just their closest link to the staff. <_< (Which I guess is representation...)

tl;dr
Be glad you guys have a DL (Discussion Leader) because most places that have neither a DL, nor an active mod - quickly become ****holes.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I did say that in my explanation.

However, if Flayl, Phiddlesticks and the rest of the Bowser community still see me as a bother and rather prefer their forums to be deserted and without anyone to check if everything's alright, I'll stick with the Fox boards who at least appreciate my input and the things I do for them. Despite I'm not a good Fox or a top player or anything.

Flayl

Smash Hero
If we have problems with the forums, we'll PM mods.

I mean, if you want to report bad posts/threads or something, go ahead, that doesn't have anything to do with being a representative or a discussion leader.

Ill leave it at this.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
tl;dr
Be glad you guys have a DL (Discussion Leader) because most places that have neither a DL, nor an active mod - quickly become ****holes.
That's the actual reason why I asked Virg to become the DL for this forum.

B!squick

Smash Master
Wait, I thought you picked up Samus or Zamus or something, Spade. Who DO you main, anyway? O.o

Also, I'm staying out of the drama.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Rofl best board on swf +3009 points.

Definitely.
Indeed.

Wait, I thought you picked up Samus or Zamus or something, Spade. Who DO you main, anyway? O.o
I'm maining Captain Falcon's scarf, obviously.

More seriously, I have no actual main. I play several characters quite a lot, especially Sheik/Zelda, Wario and Fox, but also others. I'm extremely interested into Mid and Low Tier characters in general and play or played a big plethora of them and always invest time into getting to know them through playing them myself, reading guides and discussions as well as watching the top players of that character play.
The only character I will never touch is Pit.

Samus is my actual Low Tier main, though, and I think I've got a pretty solid one on top of that.

Also, please refrain from calling me Spade. Thank you.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I honestly don't care who the leader is. Onishiba is certainly a likable and intelligent guy, so I think it's fine.

Anyone want to play some WiFi vs my Bowser?
Hawaii lag is truly epic. :(

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Uh I found something to fill this post with. Spade---err... Onishiba or whatever your name is now, did help the boards alot. He ditched us for a while but he came back finally...as long as he's here to stay I can dig it lol. We should still get Vex or MrEh as an extra DL just in case, unless one of the two is one already.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
I really don't know anything about the drama on these boards and I'm in no position to change the subject so can anyone abridge the topic at hand?

JOE!

Smash Hero
it does ok damage, and can lead to sneaky setups....like the boozer bomb if they land on a platform

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It also allows for super-sexy juggling if you can read decently at all. <_<

Considering it has set knockback, and only 2 real possible ways to DI (straight up, or forward), add that with their second jump, dair, and up-B.. and there are all their options.

I use it especially on Fox/Falco.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
When I do it on spacies they always DI forward and react too slowly, so I get a free FAir. If they screw up the DI and land above me I go for the UAir, but it shouldn't work on Fox/Falco considering how good their DAirs are. I do it on other characters though.

B!squick

Smash Master
It's also fun to watch. Sometimes I like to imagine what they're saying...

Bowser: Wanna take a ride on the Bowser-Go-Round?
Them: O.o Wha-?
Bowser: -Here we go! *tosses them onto his back*
Them: Ahhh!
Bowser: *spins*
Them: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I Uthrow when platforms are around. Nothing's better then tossing your opponent onto a platform. lol
This, it's also safe on places with long platforms because of the chances an air release could occur and the opponent could escape.

Upthrow gives decent damage so it allows you to put them in a position where they'll be on a platform but actually take more damage then from an air release.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I just think the UThrow -> FAir/UAir followup is pretty cool, lol. You can bait the airdodge when you realize your opponent actually has the reflexes to dodge [<_______<] and strike then, or you can strike like a cobra and kill o.O

d('-'o)

Also, speaking of platforms, how many of you guys actually use that NAir auto-cancel on Battlefield? I know that Gen does it, and I only really do it if I'm below the enemy but I just wanted to know if everyone actually uses it or not. There might not be enough time for some people to actually get that to work xD

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I just think the UThrow -> FAir/UAir followup is pretty cool, lol. You can bait the airdodge when you realize your opponent actually has the reflexes to dodge [<_______<] and strike then, or you can strike like a cobra and kill o.O
Uthrow to uair is sexy. To bad it can be really hard to predict a good airdodger or follow up one characters with good aireal movement.

Top Bottom