• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Flayl

Smash Hero
I just found out there's a Bowser back room, and I'm confused about the people that are in there lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
Don't worry. I usually forget it's there. XD MrEh use to be in it, I don't know what happened to him. >.> And Gen did his disappearing act again. :urg:

B!squick

Smash Master
wut indeed. So tell me, is it out of curiosity or pity?

Also, I think may Bowser may see a little growth in popularity when we finally see him on There Will Be Brawl... I could just be thinking wishful thoughts though.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Does anyone actually know why MrEh was banned? Looks like we'll have to hold down the fort now...

Flayl

Smash Hero
He got banned for posting a pic on the Zelda boards, don't ask me what because I don't know either.

B!squick

Smash Master
Lol, well, I guess well just find out when he gets back. It's really weird not having him around though. He's, like, the heart and soul of the Bowser Board.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
If Bowser rose that would be pretty cool. All the characters that are below him in the list he is certainly better than imo. And there are a few other characters that need to be below him too.

Then again, if he did rise in the tier list, he might now be allowed in low-tier tournies and fests and such, which means I'd be somewhat screwed. I don't really have a low tier to confide in besides Bowser, lol. I should work on Yoshi or Samus if by God-given blessings he does rise in the list.

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
there is a tournament in orlando, florida gaming, that im planning to attend. considered the biggest tournament in florida. but before i start practicing with bowser, i need to ask the boards something, who should i second. i know how to use luigi for diddy, but im still "edgy" against D3, falco's, and pikachu's. upto now, those have been my biggest problems. let me know quick.

B!squick

Smash Master
Hey, nice to see you popping in Serg. :)

D3 has a standing infinite on Luigi, otherwise I'd say just use him. What's the problem with Falco?

EDIT: I glanced over the match up numbers and it seems like the best character that covers all three that you mentioned is G&W. Olimar would also be an okay choice. He does really well agianst D3 and it's even verse the other two. Rajam has a list on Tactical if you want to look over it for yourself.

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
Hey, nice to see you popping in Serg. :)

D3 has a standing infinite on Luigi, otherwise I'd say just use him. What's the problem with Falco?
thanks for the love. even big guys like bowser need love too.:)

as you can tell by the three characters i mentioned, i hate being chain-grabbed. it takes a lot of the fun in the game, and it gets boring having to koopa-claw around to avoid getting grabbed.
falco that camps and chain-grabs really piss me off. having to pretty much guess when the Falco is going to side B to the other side of the stage and camp more and punish it can be frustrating when you guess wrong.
G&W sounds like its good against falco, plus it gives D3 a hard time, and is good against pikachus. idk, what you guys think.

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
thanks, but i just cant see myself using olimar if bowser is my main. something about cute and little doesn't appeal to me. G&W is manlier, so i guess its G&W.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Just found out how awesome Jungle Japes is against Luigi :D

He kills you much, much, much later, he can't really camp you, you can force him to take firebreath damage if he hangs from a ledge (or else the croc gets him), you can fortress from the lesser platforms to the main platform at ease, bombing is ridiculously safe, etc.

Just don't take projectile spammers there.

B!squick

Smash Master
Luigi is one of the very few characters I'd take though, but I just all around hate that stage regardless of anyone's character. The croc always seems out to get me. :/

B!squick

Smash Master
You'd have to be some sort of crazy person not to like Don Karnage. :) Him and the rest of the pirates are half the reason you watch Tail Spin. The other half is Wildcat, of course.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Would anybody be interested in me starting a Bowser OOs guide. I have a bunch of summaries written up for the guide, but I would need to collect a lot of data. I was thinking there were two options: 1) make it a group project 2) do it myself. What do you guys think?

Riddle

Smash Lord
I like the idea of a group project, but other than Fortress and the occasional grab, what else would you do OoS?
You can Jab and f-tilt OOS, and you do lulz stuff like bowser bomb.

I'll go ahead and make the thread, I've already written a intro, conclusion, and a bunch of summaries, but you guys can fix them or whatever.

Edit: Done

Miles.

Smash Champion
So I just did bowser's side B on the edge of yoshi's island and slid off to edge hog.

Needless to say it was really sweet and all the ladies went wild.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I did the math and my win is going to give more points to Bowser than Vex's top 8, even though he went to a bigger, more expensive and harder tournament =/

Of course Bowser isn't the only character that's affected by this, so it balances out.

Honestly though Bowser can win small tournaments, so step up Bowser players ! :D

Top Bottom