• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
A place to chat for fellow Bowser mains; I get bored quite frequently, so I thought we should have one.

Rules
1. Keep the discussion clean
2. Don't Post Just for the sake of posting
3. Try Not to Spam

Finally, this thread is for General Discussion, so keep it in this thread. Don't hijack other thread topics with posts that don't belong and keep social things in here.

I'll add Bowser main info(?) at another time.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
This will prpbs get closed, the mods said no boards were allowed to have a general discussion, our great old one got closed...but lets just keep this to ourselves and they might not notice :)

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's true, they did lock the other one.

So...

I noticed Bowser might be able to chain a forward throw on Marth at 0 - 10%. Anybody care enough to confirm this most useless discovery ever?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Ok before this one gets...whatever'ed...Do any of you guys play on Wi-Fi from time to time...I know we need to get more into offline and I will try...but I would like to play some of you [although wifi means jack Sh--]

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Heh, alright. I just refuse to have ours possibly closed and others left open. I HATE things like that.

and btw limit, I guess I quit wifi? I dunno, my internet to my wii just stopped working randomly like 3 days ago and im too lazy to fix it lol.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
I don't wifi very often. I forget I even have that option...

I'll check Flayl P:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Oh boy...I've been at school for the past...5-6 weeks...and even before then my Wi-Fi was busted...if it has gotten worse while i was gone I'm going to cry...or just go to tournaments :]

:|

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I would recommend you guys go ahead and get Caotique's approval on this thread as he is the brawl Bowser specific mod. I'd also suggest letting him make the thread himself.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
I checked out the useless marth discovery-

@ 0%, it seems like you can get one or two fthrows off... but w/o a companion, all I could test was me vs. jumping computer O:

If I can be more thorough, I will be.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yeah that's how I tested too, so I couldn't be sure it would work. Something to lead up to a grab release FTilt/Down Throw if you somehow catch Marth at 0%.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
I've tested Fthrow CG's before, and you can just airdodge out of the hitstun in this stupid game. don;t bother.

However, I find it funny how shdair cancels out projectiles whilst continuing on towards the target.

Further testing will be done tonight.

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, I just tried it out and Marth can react LONG before he gets anywhere near the ground.

Also, if you've really found a use for DAir Gen, I think you have your next topic for the Meta discussion thread.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
True that, it has been dead for a while (haven't done a whole lot lolool).

I also have found that Bowser vs. Falco is probably the most boring matchup we have.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Generally because all it is is laser laser, cg ifp ossible, to us just getting past his lasers and killing him offstage, as you said.

It's just so boring to play, thats why I cp MK for it, cause that's just overkill.

Dedede is fun, however.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
So to expand on what I said in the BBR sometimes when Lucas ground-released he would move farther than other times in the occasions he didn't move the longer distnace he could be chaingrbbed without moving just hitting grab right away, this was against a CPU so I'm not sure what's going on can someone test this? Is there a way to move farther in a grounf break?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I checked out the useless marth discovery-

@ 0%, it seems like you can get one or two fthrows off... but w/o a companion, all I could test was me vs. jumping computer O:

If I can be more thorough, I will be.
Try it, but it's unlikely to work, if for no other reason, frame 1 dolphin slash means he's gotta be in hitstun the entire time, Bowser mains should be familar with this because fortress is the same.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
AHHHHHHHHH

I finally got my dazzle in the mail, like.. Right just now. So now I can upload videos of my **** instead of just explaining it. Ftw

Coffee™

I need it....
I was wondering is there a general consensus as to who is considered the best Bowser?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey guys, I am up for allowing this thread. The Bowser Boards could use some form of social activity anyway, unless someone sets up a Bowser IRC or something. I'll probably hijack the first post of this thread later today to add in some further rules, just to make sure this doesn't end up becoming a spamfest.

RAWR, <3

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I am up for allowing this thread. The Bowser Boards could use some form of social activity anyway, unless someone sets up a Bowser IRC or something. I'll probably hijack the first post of this thread later today to add in some further rules, just to make sure this doesn't end up becoming a spamfest.

RAWR, <3
I don't mind, lolol

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2je7Y9KzJ8Q

Still processing, but it looks pretty good, imo

MrEh

Smash Hero
I was wondering is there a general consensus as to who is considered the best Bowser?
Sliq and Vex are considered to be the best Bowsers. Although I don't think either have been that active recently.

Honorable mentions are people like NinjaLink, but NinjaLink uses everyone. lol

B!squick

Smash Master
MrEh is just being modest by not including himself. Anyone who's seen him play knows that MrEh is full of Bowser **** AND actually plays Bowser in tournies, unlike some people. ;P

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Oh, right

Im gonna record some tournament matches and shiz on Sat

sadly, only like one person there is really good, unless a certain someone from Macon comes down

in which case you guy'sll have some nice Bowser vs. MK vids

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
So anybody watch house last night? Lol
Also, liquid gen i got a question for u. Awa r u going to that? Its this anime thing in september in atlanta georgia. Im only going because there will be a brawl tournament there. Would be nice if there was a fellow bowser mainer

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, i dont. Just google AWA. Its the first result, i checked it out. Its an anime convention but im going solely for the brawl tournament.
One last thing, r u and i like the only bowser mainers in the south?

Top Bottom