• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Vote here to keep Brawl for the 2011 circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I know absolutely nothing about the Pac-West community except for that thread, but all I can say now is damn, I love Pac-West.

I also love the MLG community, for the fact that they also seem to care for Melee (read the comments in the poll). I would 100% support MLG Melee (imagine the hype).

Good luck to the Brawl community too, but I'm pretty sure MLG Brawl is done.

Djent

Smash Champion
It is not "community." It is two different communities. The Melee community donated money to the Good Player Fund to bring DaShizwiz, Axe, and Jman to California and Armada to *Pound* V. I've never heard of a Good Player Fund for Brawl tournaments before. Alex Strife did use profits from the venue fee of Apex 2010 to bring Brawl players from Japan though but the money wasn't from split individuals from the Brawl community.
Maybe there's no Good Player Fund for Brawl because it actually generates enough tournaments for top players to make consistent money at. :awesome:

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Maybe there's no Good Player Fund for Brawl because it actually generates enough tournaments for top players to make consistent money at. :awesome:
What he said.

After Mlg I would say melee only flourished the hype only got bigger.

If brawl were to host more tourneys it would kinda be the same outcome (hopefully)

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
We've stopped caring once we heard it wasn't from an MLG official.

Also we don't need to vote on 5 different accounts like the GoW people do to win.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
is it 100% that its not official? cause someone said that in the interview tat sundance did he mentioned a throwback poll

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
If he did, this isn't the serious one. The creator has admitted to him not being in any position of power for MLG(in terms of being an official or something.)

Once he dropped that message, Smash's growth rate for votes plummeted. We act for a cause, not for something that someone just wants to see.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Whoa, PacWest... I am so glad I don't live there. Seeing as I prefer Brawl to Melee outside of retardedly one-sided matchups. Which Melee also had, admittedly. Not saying I don't like Melee, but Brawl and 64 are where it's at for me.

So as soon as there's an official poll, I'll be voting for Brawl and Melee. If we get different throwbacks at each stop perhaps, maybe we could get both. Imagine that, a universal win for the ENTIRE community. Because face it: Neither Brawl or Melee will appear at every stop, but with the sheer number of players here, perhaps we could get Brawl and Melee at one stop each. It's a long shot, and I doubt that many Melee players would support it for having Brawl in it (I have a really, really poor opinion of Melee players, though those I do know irl are pretty cool), but it's still there.

Come on guys, we need to work to get Smash in general back on the circuit. We also need to convince Nintendo to allow a stream, but that should be our priority after getting the game back. No point in a stream if we don't have a game to stream. Admittedly, the lack of stream is one of the largest reasons MLG is less hyped than Apex, when admittedly it really shouldn't be.

Conti

Smash Ace
Less talking, more voting... we r like 100 votes behind... start spreading word about this or Gears is gunna win :p haha

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I know absolutely nothing about the Pac-West community except for that thread, but all I can say now is damn, I love Pac-West.

I also love the MLG community, for the fact that they also seem to care for Melee (read the comments in the poll). I would 100% support MLG Melee (imagine the hype).

Good luck to the Brawl community too, but I'm pretty sure MLG Brawl is done.
im fairly sure that the vast majority of your 'mlg community' is, like for brawl, smashboards people voting for other and specifying melee in the comments section

Back in the MLG days Halo and Melee were very close and players of the two communities would very often watch/play each other's games. I wouldn't be surprised if many old-school Halo 2 players supported melee's return.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Back in the MLG days Halo and Melee were very close and players of the two communities would very often watch/play each other's games. I wouldn't be surprised if many old-school Halo 2 players supported melee's return.
This happened at DC and Dallas for Brawl with players of other games coming to look at Brawl.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Gears players are making multiple fake accounts to vote on it. Someone has admitted to voting for Gears 5 times on 5 fake accounts.

Brawl players stopped talking about it when we realized it wasn't a legit MLG poll

oh please you can't say that nobody did the same for Brawl

I don't see why it's so hard to believe that Gears is a popular competitive game and has a following that can rival that of Brawl?

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Because Smash is a LOT bigger than gear. I agree with whoever said we stopped trying when we realized it wasn't legit, when meelee players started trolling it and voiting for gears, and when gears players started making multiple accounts. If we got the whol smash community to vote on this, we'd beat any community sans a unified Halo, COD, or SC community.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't go that far. I think it really depends on your region and group of people. Casual players with interest of improving follow MLG, just like complete idiots on GFAQS offer their [stupid] opinions on tourney rules when they won't ever see the result so unfortunately their vote is registered as well.

Smash is popular but I wouldn't go to say it's a LOT bigger than gears. When I lived in orlando, which has a big smash scene I hear (I was never part of it by any means besides 1 local tourney at a playntrade and friendlies at mlg orlando, but I don't consider that a part) plenty of people liked smash, but the vast majority of people played halo, cod, or gears both casually and competitively. I'm sure smash being out of mlg for a bit didn't help either.

It's the most known competitive video game tourney series and people who are interested in smash and see it's not in mlg don't know other tourneys or where to look for them in some cases. While halo/cod/gear has good online with voicechat making information easy and quick to transfer as well as hold online tourneys which could be a foot in the door for someone starting with a spark of interest.

Brawl has ****ty online without any mediocre [I guess I could say it doesn't even have a bad] form of communication and a lot of people look at it like a party game and only a portion of those people see competitive potential in it.

Because Smash is a LOT bigger than gear. I agree with whoever said we stopped trying when we realized it wasn't legit, when meelee players started trolling it and voiting for gears, and when gears players started making multiple accounts. If we got the whol smash community to vote on this, we'd beat any community sans a unified Halo, COD, or SC community.
No you're just speaking out of your ***.

You don't know anything about the Gears community, let alone its size.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I haven't heard of a tournament for Gears in forever whereas there are Brawl tournaments every weekend here in Florida.

If you want numbers, look at the sales amounts for the games. Smash has GameFAQ scrubs and casuals too. Maybe the Gears whole entire player base can possibly be compared to the competitive Smash community, but that's as far as it's ever going to get.

If you ask me, rigging a poll by making fake accounts is more immoral than splitting top winnings with a friend.

There are still competitive teams who play in online tournaments for money.

The competitive Brawl community is actually not that big for a mainstream gaming community, mostly because Brawl sucks as a competitive game and most gamers don't want to play such a ****ty boring game for anything other than ****s and giggles.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
I haven't heard of a tournament for Gears in forever whereas there are Brawl tournaments every weekend here in Florida.

If you want numbers, look at the sales amounts for the games. Smash has GameFAQ scrubs and casuals too. Maybe the Gears whole entire player base can possibly be compared to the competitive Smash community, but that's as far as it's ever going to get.

If you ask me, rigging a poll by making fake accounts is more immoral than splitting top winnings with a friend.
My point was while smash may have a bigger competitive community, gears is more mainstream in more areas than smash I'd say, so as a result it get's more attention regardless of how well the competitive scene is doing.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
not to be an @#$%^but this is an oportunity to bring back melee in others. Now we see brawl has failed to gain interest in the circuit. So much that they need to see people voting in order to put it back.

Now the way I see it. Gears is going to win over brawl period. And that will be the end of Smash in MLG. Brawl is not an appealing game and boring for must viewers except for those playing at the moment.

I think if a thread like this one had melee to support it. It will get like 1000 votes easy. Since it even has international players that play the game. And to prove my point that it doesn't have to be a current generation game like Brawl, Reach T6.... They are willing to bring back HALO 2 and most likely it will Happen.

So lets see what happens after this

Ohh and im not trying to be a hater. Just my point of view

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
not to be an @#$%^but this is an oportunity to bring back melee in others. Now we see brawl has failed to gain interest in the circuit.(Completely not true, see below) So much that they need to see people voting in order to put it back. (<- pathetic invalid point, Melee didn't even get considered when making the poll XD)

Now the way I see it. Gears is going to win over brawl period. And that will be the end of Smash in MLG. Brawl is not an appealing game and boring for must viewers except for those playing at the moment.

I think if a thread like this one had melee to support it. It will get like 1000 votes easy. Since it even has international players that play the game. And to prove my point that it doesn't have to be a current generation game like Brawl, Reach T6.... They are willing to bring back HALO 2 and most likely it will Happen.(Where you getting this from?)

So lets see what happens after this

Ohh and im not trying to be a hater. Just my point of view
(mhmm ok sure)
Melee is dead and you are a fool for trying to revive it.

Before you say "no there are plenty of people who play it" yeah just like Smash 64 and yes Smash 64 has online tournaments probably as often as Melee has good sized tournaments, however it doesn't change the fact that both games are relatively dead.

Same thing with Gears. Also not to mention I think it's boring as hell. (Since you posted plenty of opinions to back your statement(bolded for you), I'm allowed to post mine, right?)

Brawl is not coming back not because of not enough hype or because of the ADHD/M2K incident, but because Nintendo were being ****s about the livestream and recording videos.
Brawl had more hype than any other game minus Halo. Brawl's finals matches at the last major hybrid Brawl/Melee tournament were watched by more people than any other Melee match. It's funny how you think Melee could possibly have more of a following than Brawl.

Also responses in parenthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom