• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Vote here to keep Brawl for the 2011 circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy G with the ****. All over y'all.
Well done. :D
hahah his post was a joke

he knows absolutely nothing melee or gears, and is probably terribad at Brawl as well.

Besides, everybody who didn't have their heads out of the clouds knew that Brawl was doomed to fail one way or another. I already knew Brawl was not going to last because it is a terrible boring and shallow game that pales in comparison to other games in both quality and enjoyability.

It didn't deserve MLG and it will never be back on the circuit. MLG was probably trying to save Brawl some face by not calling it the most boring competitive game on the planet.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion

he knows absolutely nothing melee or gears, and is probably terribad at Brawl as well.

Besides, everybody who didn't have their heads out of the clouds knew that Brawl was doomed to fail one way or another. I already knew Brawl was not going to last because it is a terrible boring and shallow game that pales in comparison to other games in both quality and enjoyability.

It didn't deserve MLG and it will never be back on the circuit. MLG was probably trying to save Brawl some face by not calling it the most boring competitive game on the planet.
Cute opinions. Maybe next time you can bring up a valid point instead of ranting. ;-) I appreciate you calling Brawl competitive. At least its a good step to acceptance.

Tommy_G said:
Brawl had more hype than any other game minus Halo. Brawl's finals matches at the last major hybrid Brawl/Melee tournament were watched by more people than any other Melee match. It's funny how you think Melee could possibly have more of a following than Brawl.
Apparently Melee players don't know how to read.

:039:

You didn't outhype SC2 hahah

and aside from that, congratulations on bringing more people than ****ing Tekken LOL. please give me a break

all my opinions are true.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
You didn't outhype SC2 hahah

and aside from that, congratulations on bringing more people than ****ing Tekken LOL. please give me a break

all my opinions are true.
I was there for 2 of the MLG tournaments, both of which had more Brawl players and made more hype noise during matches. I also know people who went to the others and they said it was just like the 2 I went to.
Everyone watching SC2 were sitting and waiting during the whole matches like if they were watching grass grow.
Opinions cannot be true or else they'd be facts.

No my opinions are 100% true.

EVERYTHINGS GOTTA BE LIKE MELEE
MELEE THE GOD OF ALL GAMES
THE BEST
EVERY DAY I START MY MORNING BY PRAISING MELEE
LET MELEE SHINE THROUGH YOUR SOULS!
MELEE, ALL HAlL!

MELEE IS THE BEST FIGHTER EVER TO BE CREATED. LOOK AT THESE COMBOS
COMBOS = GOOD
GOOD = MELEE
SO THEREFORE ALL COMBOS ARE GOOD WHICH IS WHAT MELEE IS.
GOOD = PERFECT
ITS THE BEST GAME
100% BALANCED
ALL CHARACTERS VIABLE
EVERYONE CAN WIN
EVERYONE LOVES IT
NOTHING BAD OR NEGATIVE ABOUT THE GAME AT ALL
ABSOLUTELY ZERO OF ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT BRAWL IS IN THIS GAME
ALL ATTACKS ARE ESCAPABLE
SOME SAY GOD HIMSELF MADE MELEE

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
All of the Smash games are pryi terrible. Competitive party games shouldnt be apart of MLG. End of story.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
All of the Smash games are pryi terrible. Competitive party games shouldnt be apart of MLG. End of story.
Halo and Gears of War are great party games. I've heard of plenty of Halo-fests....never heard of GoW-fests though.....actually never mind. GoW isn't good for anything.

Halo and Gears of War are great party games. I've heard of plenty of Halo-fests....never heard of GoW-fests though.....actually never mind. GoW isn't good for anything.
Nah, Gears is fine for gatherings. It has one of the best campaigns of any FPS to date as well.

Brawl....isn't good for anything, multiplayer or singleplayer.

And yeah smash is just a stupid kiddy party game anyways.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Why do you bother posting here since it's obvious you're automatically right at everything and we're just a bunch of scrubs playing a party game not suitable for anything?

You aren't funny either.

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130
not to be an @#$%^but this is an oportunity to bring back melee in others. Now we see brawl has failed to gain interest in the circuit. So much that they need to see people voting in order to put it back.

Now the way I see it. Gears is going to win over brawl period. And that will be the end of Smash in MLG. Brawl is not an appealing game and boring for must viewers except for those playing at the moment.

I think if a thread like this one had melee to support it. It will get like 1000 votes easy. Since it even has international players that play the game. And to prove my point that it doesn't have to be a current generation game like Brawl, Reach T6.... They are willing to bring back HALO 2 and most likely it will Happen.

So lets see what happens after this

Ohh and im not trying to be a hater. Just my point of view
dude it was already a vote for brawl and melee and brawl won

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130

im sorry to crush your melee dream and i have nothing on melee players because if you play melee you play melee whats wrong with that right? but dude most people look at brawl as a upgrade of melee, only the fans really get deep into the difference because really brawl is a upgrade of melee ok maybe he missed some things speed some AT's and hitstun but really it's the same game upgraded GRAPHICS feautures and WIFI and characters. oh for the record brawl is better and has more sales than any game you can name thats not from nintendo XD

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
im sorry to crush your melee dream and i have nothing on melee players because if you play melee you play melee whats wrong with that right? but dude most people look at brawl as a upgrade of melee, only the fans really get deep into the difference because really brawl is a upgrade of melee ok maybe he missed some things speed some AT's and hitstun but really it's the same game upgraded GRAPHICS feautures and WIFI and characters. oh for the record brawl is better and has more sales than any game you can name thats not from nintendo XD
You are completely ignorant and should inform yourself before posting. Melee is a much more different game than Brawl, and there's one thing you should know about competitive game communities: we don't give a **** about sales or graphics, wifi, and the whole superficial layer of the game. We're here to play a good game, the best way we can. Brawl is definitely not a bad game, but Melee players have excellent reasons to prefer their game, as it is indeed faster, more technical, and overall more fun and interesting. If you're gonna mock them for being so and then claim that better graphics mean Brawl is a better game, then I really don't know what you're doing in this thread, or even in this forum.

You are not crushing anyone's dreams, you are merely annoying and not contributive at all to the discussion at hand. You're also forcing a really bad stereotype that we have been trying to get rid of.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Idk see how one of the most technical fighters in fighters history should be considered as a disgrace to competitive gaming?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You are completely ignorant and should inform yourself before posting. Melee is a much more different game than Brawl, and there's one thing you should know about competitive game communities: we don't give a **** about sales or graphics, wifi, and the whole superficial layer of the game. We're here to play a good game, the best way we can. Brawl is definitely not a bad game, but Melee players have excellent reasons to prefer their game, as it is indeed faster, more technical, and overall more fun and interesting.
It was so good up until the bolded part. :urg:

Subjectivity~! Maybe I love watching 8 minute camp-fests as opposed to a blistering speed that I can't keep up with. But at least my opinion on entertainment won't/shouldn't change the games for what they are.

:093:

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130
Melee is a much more different game than Brawl, and there's one thing you should know about competitive game communities: we don't give a **** about sales or graphics, wifi, and the whole superficial layer of the game. .
yeah and thats the promblem -__- melee players igonore every thing good about the game.

you know nothing about business or a fan base. dude sales are video games DUH! nintendo don't give a hoot about melee fans all they care about is the 50$ dollars that your spending.
and another thing BRAWL SMASH 64 and MELEE is the same FRACHISE and yes TECHNICALLY speaking BRAWL is a UPGRADED VERSION OF MELEE and yes because the "superficial layer's" because at the end of the day really wifi, characters, and graphics is what matters because nintedo does'nt care about how long your going to play the game but if you buy it. -__-

'V'

Smash Lord
*sigh*

These MLG threads alone are reason why the game should never have been competitive in the first place.

Gears is dominating, by the way.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
*sigh*

These MLG threads alone are reason why the game should never have been competitive in the first place.

Gears is dominating, by the way.
GoW1 is probably going to happen. Sundance essentially confirmed it at this point.

Life

Smash Hero
Gears dominating because it's not an official poll so we don't care, and they're making multiple accounts to vote repeatedly.

Smash > Gears

MLG should run an official poll, though.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
yeah and thats the promblem -__- melee players igonore every thing good about the game.

you know nothing about business or a fan base. dude sales are video games DUH! nintendo don't give a hoot about melee fans all they care about is the 50$ dollars that your spending.
and another thing BRAWL SMASH 64 and MELEE is the same FRACHISE and yes TECHNICALLY speaking BRAWL is a UPGRADED VERSION OF MELEE and yes because the "superficial layer's" because at the end of the day really wifi, characters, and graphics is what matters because nintedo does'nt care about how long your going to play the game but if you buy it. -__-
You sir, are an idiot. We aren't talking about a business. If you want to discuss the supply and demand of a single purchase video game with no repeating online fees, then go find an economics class with a few casual gamers in it.

If you want to post on a website specifically made to further the metagame and competitive nature of Super Smash Brothers Brawl/Melee/64, then start posting something that is relevant.

Clearly you don't understand the point of this. THIS SITE IS NOT ABOUT MONEY, OR SALES, OR EVEN THE FRIGGEN FRANCHISE! THIS IS ABOUT TAKING A VIDEO GAME, AND PULLING EVERY LAST OUNCE OF COMPETITION OUT OF IT. We aren't here talking about what nintendo thinks about it's fans or it's sales. We're here to talk about what MLG does with super smash brothers. MLG doesn't give two ****s about nintendo's sales. They want a competitive game.

That being said, no, the superficial layer that was placed on top of the franchise doesn't matter in the slightest, and you are flat out ignorant if you think it does.

Take Starcraft for example. The game came out TWELVE YEARS AGO. OVER A DECADE. When the game came out, sure it was top of the time. But in 10 years, it had been out done in every superficial way you can imagine. The graphics that were contained in the original starcraft pale in comparison to things you found in gaming over the next decade. Yet, there was still an entire damned country that worshiped the game strictly because of it's competitive nature, and replayability. You think that blizzard could've gotten away with releasing a dumbed down version of Starcraft 1, but with better graphics. HELL NO.

nightkid

Smash Rookie
Gears dominating because it's not an official poll so we don't care, and they're making multiple accounts to vote repeatedly.

Smash > Gears

MLG should run an official poll, though.
Wouldn't that just create an endless loop in the sense where both parties would end up making multiple accounts to vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom