• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Vote here to keep Brawl for the 2011 circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/207452-throwback-events/

Then go vote. Otherwise, you're not helping by just begging.
C'mon everyone.
Let's show 'em we want Brawl over Gears of War.

Edit: We're five votes behind them! We need to beat Gears. Nothing against them, I like their game. Our game is just better.

We need to keep the support on, because otherwise they'll pass us. We need to get this entire board on this! We started today at 50 votes, and we're at 200 now, and I'd like to be at 400 by the end of tomorrow. :D

12/28: We jumped another 170 votes, to 379. The Brawl community is straight balls out on this, but we're still behind them. Post this on your boards, moderators. Let's at least show MLG that we can bring numbers and that we want our game back on the circuit!

12/29: We're at 419, and Gears is at 427. Post this link in your Regional forums if you haven't yet!

Uffe

Smash Hero
Already cast my vote. I'm really hoping people will at least try and show MLG that we're not done yet. We may or may not get this, but it's worth a shot at it if you ask me.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Already voted, but I'm not sure if that's an official poll for the circuit. Either way, voting on it shows how serious we are about a second chance for Brawl, so please get out there and vote :)

I'd love to see Melee on the circuit again as well but I want to see Brawl get another shot before that.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
^It'd never happen anyway.

I didn't even realise they shoved a boot up our ***. Ima vote too!
Edit: Sorry, I'm not signing up just to vote. :/
Not directly towards you, Lombardi, but...

we need more commitment than this, everyone. If you really want to see the game you play for fun back on MLG, even if this poll is just a chance, then you have to be more committed than this.
It took 10 minutes for me to sign up. And I have a slow computer.

Get hyped, isn't that what we as a Brawl community do best?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I voted. =)

Vote everyone, if Colbert can get a million people on Facebook to support him for an oddball presidential primary campaign, why couldn't we get at least 150 people to get Brawl back on the circuit? ^^

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I voted. =)

Vote everyone, if Colbert can get a million people on Facebook to support him for an oddball presidential primary campaign, why couldn't we get at least 150 people to get Brawl back on the circuit? ^^
I lol'd. xDD

But seriously, it doesn't take long guys. Thanks Funk.
Tell yo' friends, tell yo' family, tell yo' pets cuz they votin' errybody out der.

Edit: HYPE IS VIEWING THIS THREAD, NO STOPPING US NOW

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I'm glad this is going off without any trolling or stuffz.
Thanks everyone for showing support. I'm just a no name guy trying to keep a game I love on the circuit.

Oh, and I played LeeMartin once. It's of no relevance, but I feel like sharing my life story.
I was born in China...

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I'm glad this is going off without any trolling or stuffz.
Thanks everyone for showing support. I'm just a no name guy trying to keep a game I love on the circuit.

Oh, and I played LeeMartin once. It's of no relevance, but I feel like sharing my life story.
I was born in China...
Haha no worries man. =)

Any support is cool.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Also ,this is a throwback game, meaning it's not officially on the circuit, right? Meaning, no extra sponsorship goodies/etc... like the other games. No upper thousand dollar prizes right off the bat. From what I understand.

Oh well, it's still a tournament.

EDIT:

Interesting, the poll asks "What games would you like to see appear on the circuit? (please do not vote for more than two)"

But the title is "throwback"...

I'm confuzzled.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Also ,this is a throwback game, meaning it's not officially on the circuit, right? Meaning, no extra sponsorship goodies/etc... like the other games. No upper thousand dollar prizes right off the bat. From what I understand.

Oh well, it's still a tournament.

EDIT:

Interesting, the poll asks "What games would you like to see appear on the circuit? (please do not vote for more than two)"

But the title is "throwback"...

I'm confuzzled.
I don't have the slightest clue, Krys.
Ask Alpha Zealot, maybe?
It's an obvious contradiction, unless their definition of throwback is to let one of the games back onto the circuit.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Throwback means the game will appear for one event as a side event. But if we push it hard enough we could manage making it more than just a side event.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Throwback means the game will appear for one event as a side event. But if we push it hard enough we could manage making it more than just a side event.
To do that though, I think we would have to win this poll by an overwhelming margin...
and that's not looking likely at this moment. I tried bringing the link to the Falco social, but no one has responded to it yet. :/

At least we're finally getting more votes per hour than Gears.
For awhile, every time Brawl would get a vote, so would Gears, and I was quite sadface.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I'm about to vote. :D
Post the link in your boards too, if you will.
Everything that you can think of to contribute towards having Brawl win.
It'll all be worth it if we get it back on the circuit.

And even if we can, it'll show MLG and Sundance that we're highly committed to our game.

I think that's another major reason that we got booted in the first place: community maturity.
If we can show him that we'll play by his rules and just win the vote, then maybe we'll get another chance.

Tesh

Smash Hero
This isn't an official MLG poll though is it? Its just made by a member of the forums. So if we win the poll and nothing happens for us, don't start trash talking MLG about it folks.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
if Colbert can get a million people on Facebook to support him for an oddball presidential primary campaign, why couldn't we get at least 150 people to get Brawl back on the circuit? ^^
What if we could get Colbert to do a show or something regarding this issue? that would be SO cool

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The site's acting up on my iPhone, so I won't be able to vote until late tonight at the earliest, but I fully support this. Regardless of whether or not MLG officializes this, it would clearly be a great way for us to show our support and come together.

This thread title should be changed, though--it doesn't scream "Take action." It screams inquiry. You should change the title to something like "Vote Brawl for Circuit '11."

As a Smasher who wasn't able to attend any MLGs and was looking forward to finally attending one, I can't say how happy it makes me feel a random Smasher picking up the torch.

Great job bringing this to everyone's attention.

Uffe

Smash Hero
This isn't an official MLG poll though is it? Its just made by a member of the forums. So if we win the poll and nothing happens for us, don't start trash talking MLG about it folks.
It may not be. But if the admins or whoever is in charge see the topic, then we just might have a chance at it. It is on the MLG site after all. Also, please read the first quote in my signature.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
The site's acting up on my iPhone, so I won't be able to vote until late tonight at the earliest, but I fully support this. Regardless of whether or not MLG officializes this, it would clearly be a great way for us to show our support and come together.

This thread title should be changed, though--it doesn't scream "Take action." It screams inquiry. You should change the title to something like "Vote Brawl for Circuit '11."

As a Smasher who wasn't able to attend any MLGs and was looking forward to finally attending one, I can't say how happy it makes me feel a random Smasher picking up the torch.

Great job bringing this to everyone's attention.
Thanks for the praise, Zigsta. :D
I...don't know how to change the thread title. XD
But I was going for the whole, "challenge" rather than "inquiry".
I'm just like you, I'd just like to attend an MLG event and play some Brawl.

Edit: Oh, and we're currently 55 votes behind. Perhaps I should put this in the OP.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
To change the thread title, hit the edit button of the OP, then select "Go Advanced."

bigman40

Smash Master
I voted. I actually enjoyed MLG despite being screwed in brackets lol. I honestly think that if we actually committed to getting much more support, we'd have much better chances and possibly solve more of the problems MLG stated.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom