• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Vote here to keep Brawl for the 2011 circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fe thebox

Smash Rookie
Hey I was the guy that made the thread, I just wanted to say that if I would have taken more time with the poll I would have added Melee instead of Brawl.

Also, I am a washed up halo pro and figured that by making that thread h2 would dominate the charts, thus getting it added back to the circuit and giving me a chance to relive the glory days lol. Good **** supporting your game guys.

Goes to show that the smaller communities are usually the most loyal ones.

fe thebox

Smash Rookie
And no, it's not an official poll. But since over 1000 people voted in this I guarantee the staff will take it into consideration.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
You are NOT the person who made that poll. And smash has a large community than Halo, Halo is just MLG's favorite, and so they make a bigger deal out of it and pay the dudes more. ( And, well, Halo is more popular, but it doesn't have as much COMPETITIVE players as smash does ) and seriiusly, how did gears get ahead? WTF

fe thebox

Smash Rookie
You are NOT the person who made that poll. And smash has a large community than Halo, Halo is just MLG's favorite, and so they make a bigger deal out of it and pay the dudes more. ( And, well, Halo is more popular, but it doesn't have as much COMPETITIVE players as smash does ) and seriiusly, how did gears get ahead? WTF
First off, lol what? I made that poll.

Secondly you're venting at me for things I don't even have control over. Seriously I came over here and registered on a board for a game I don't even like to give you guys props on voting it up.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
whether or not if this is the same guy, at least he's giving us the support. I don't really care much if brawl (or even melee) makes it back on mlg. but i'll vote anyway. everyone deserves a second chance.

Ninja Edd

Smash Journeyman
Actually Halo has way more players then Brawl does. You know at the MLG events Halo gets as many entree's as brawl does if not more, but their game is 4v4? So they are at least 4x bigger then Brawl. Also Gears was in MLG before so don't be surprised about that.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
First off, lol what? I made that poll.

Secondly you're venting at me for things I don't even have control over. Seriously I came over here and registered on a board for a game I don't even like to give you guys props on voting it up.
No worries man, thanks a lot for (accidentally) adding Brawl. Although this is not an official poll we would really like to see our game come back to the circuit, even if it's just for one event.

How long is that poll going to remain open btw?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Hey I was the guy that made the thread, I just wanted to say that if I would have taken more time with the poll I would have added Melee instead of Brawl.

Also, I am a washed up halo pro and figured that by making that thread h2 would dominate the charts, thus getting it added back to the circuit and giving me a chance to relive the glory days lol. Good **** supporting your game guys.

Goes to show that the smaller communities are usually the most loyal ones.

Don't listen to mr. 0. He's pretty dumb. Thanks for congratulating us and taking the time do so. For the record I don't really think smash is a small community, just an underrated one. A lot of the people in the community are in high school and can't travel which gives a stereotype of us being small, but in actuality we're not that small.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
This poll was made to break me inside...

My two favorite games... pitted against each other...

OH WHAT GEARS 1?!?!?!? *votes for brawl*

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Halo is also supported by Microsoft.
Thank you for acknowledging that I wasn't just being stuipid. To the guy that said Halo had just as many entrees, but more, I said that Halo is more popular at MLG. Apparently, people missed my point. If we took every competive smash layer their was, and had them in one big tourny, it would be bigger than MLG Halo. But, not all of the Smash community went to MLG, yet all the HALO community did (all their competetive ones, at least) Seriously, I have a feeling people stopped reading my post when I said Smash has a bigger cummunity than Halo.

And people referenceing MLG to their posts when I said smash was bigger than Halo, at MLG, Halo will always be top dog. Even if every person in the world like COD better, MLG will always pay more, get more, and make a bigger deal out of their Halo players. MLG is not the entire competitive gaming world.

On another side note, Starcarft is the best in gaming communities. :p

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130
Actually Halo has way more players then Brawl does. You know at the MLG events Halo gets as many entree's as brawl does if not more, but their game is 4v4? So they are at least 4x bigger then Brawl. Also Gears was in MLG before so don't be surprised about that.
yeah i guess you can say MLG but as far as players and fans no because smash appeal's to all people of all race of all ages of all sex you are never going to see Japenese people playing halo, so really smash is a bigger game than halo ( LOOK IT UP)

Tesh

Smash Hero
MLG smash won't be capable of as much hype as other games without Nintendo support. We can't get a stream or even decent quality video of our HIGHEST level of play. Its unfortunate, but with all of our major TOs together now, maybe we will have our own Brawl Circuit by 2012.

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130
nintendo ignores us it's a shame if those casual buyer's where to stop buying because no item's nitendo would put item's back on, but if we beg for support for mlg what we get is sukurai saying " Im not making another melee " it really sucks i hope for the better nintendo go with their fans and not their "friends".

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sadly, unless there is a monthly subscription fee like WoW or Xbox Live, it doesn't matter if you have loyal fans. Once Nintendo gets that 50$ it doesn't matter if you play the game for 3 weeks or 3 years.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
We stopped trying to get people to vote when we realized it wasn't legit. We would have gotten a lot more votes if we kept trying.

Edit: Tesh, that's not completely true(it's not completely false either, so don't immediately jump all over my **** XD.) Nintendo could make money through advertising and creating their own tournaments(or something similar) but they're choosing not to do that. More attention always has potential to bring in more income.

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130
i know their just in it for the money but still the quality will still go up which means more sales the promblem is they want casual players:(

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
i know their just in it for the money but still the quality will still go up which means more sales the promblem is they want casual players:(
More attention makes the game get seen more in-depth by casual players as something more fun.

Kinda like going with the crowd logic. Pokemon was popular because everyone played it to the point that you HAD to play it to not feel like a loner. I know Brawl will never get to that level, but the point still stands.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I posted a thread in each of tgecregions social threads btw. You can go to your own regions and get it bumped and try to get your own region tO vote

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I just saw the MLG Vegas 2008 finals, and am now infinitely infaturated with GOW. Someone, please refer me to their competitive community site. Surely, coming back from when we were ahead, they have one.

GO GEARS OF WAR!!!!!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Every time I see Mic post I always instinctively check if the reply button hasn't changed into "closed". Nah jk. =D
Haha, me too!

I went ahead and voted. I don't really play Brawl much anymore (Blazblue and Starcraft 2 are currently my two main games), but hey, I might as well show my support.

Besides, I quite honestly don't like GoW. It's just always been kinda... Boring to me. It never really "clicked" with me, you know?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Voted, but i kinda prefer melee as trowback than brawl, melee was on the circuit side at side with halo 2 so...

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
So since I posted this in the regions forums I got responses like these:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11894693&posted=1#post11894693

I would love for mlg to pick brawl back up, but I don't blame them for dropping it based on how some of the people in this community act and respond to mlg related events
It is not "community." It is two different communities. The Melee community donated money to the Good Player Fund to bring DaShizwiz, Axe, and Jman to California and Armada to *Pound* V. I've never heard of a Good Player Fund for Brawl tournaments before. Alex Strife did use profits from the venue fee of Apex 2010 to bring Brawl players from Japan though but the money wasn't from split individuals from the Brawl community.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The smash community is 3 different vame's community's combined. Just like you can take all the games and call them the gaming community. It's how other people perceives us that counts if you're trying to make the community bigger and people perceive us as one community and refer To us as the smash community. I don't know what funding has to do with anything but just an FYI australias brawl community donates for people to go over there from the states and the 2GG tournament series also does that

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lol you posted that in the Pac West sub-forum.

Like finding a needle in a haystack, that's what Brawl is like over there.

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom