• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Brawl Power Rankings (VERSION TEN) Updated LAST YEAR LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Attila, reconsider whether or not you'll be on the PR.

Considering how often there were complaints about brackets not being seeded properly in the past, it is within your best interests to allow yourself to be on the PR.
use logic when seeding. its what we did before the first pr. not espc difficult imo.
i gave my response before it was warranted.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Nah he's just saying he could make a VIC PR better than you guys.

Hey NSW panel, wanna make a VIC PR for us?
Yeah I feel dumb lol. I read Shaya's post as it may be possible he will be on the list...not the panel. Ignore me in these times.

By the way, how will NSW make a better panel? What are we doing so wrong?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think you're doing great
unless i'm 2nd and not first, in which case you're incapable and i demand you remove me from the list immediately

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Nah he's just saying he could make a VIC PR better than you guys.
No, don't put words in my mouth.

I'd be able to give opinions, discuss placements, argue criteria, and with my reasonably often Melb visits do have an idea about players. Wouldn't want the NSW Panel to make a melb pr, that's silly. I don't think the PRs going wrong; but I don't like how people are not wanting to be power ranked based on criteria issues. Working those out and what not would be nice.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I'm just kidding, NSW couldn't make a more accurate VIC PR.

Also, why have a PR, if its not going to be used for seeding?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
we play competitive smash
let's have a competitive rankings list of some kind to encourage... competitiveness

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
shaya might not be in Melbourne, but he has solid insight.
his insight is good enough to provide solid feedback on the placement of melbourne players,

shaz might not come to every tourney, heck i think hes been to less so far than shaya, but he already has an accurate scope of the melb scene in melee, so the same can happen for brawl

while shaya may be oos, consider at least talking to him before finalizing the list, the more accurate and intelligent insight you can get into a pr, the better

also not being ranked is silly atilla, i dont want to have to explain to you everything i explained to cao to get him back on the melee list

you hurt the scene for your own benefit pretty much by denying yourself from being on the pr list, thats the short way to say it

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Redact, Attila's mentioned he's at odds with the panel and their decisions, much like I was. He isn't necessairly debating the role PRs play in the community, however, he has the right to not have his name used - a lot of this stems from issues of difference and/or respect for the panel. Power Rankings are only as official as the amount of people that praise its credibility; you sort of need to work hard to develop a list that is legitimiate enough from the ground up to get widespread support. I'm sure you guys have learnt some things moving forward. If you're begging people to stay on the list, it's a wrong outlook - people should be wanting to get in, especially if they're competitive.

In short, don't blame others for not wanting to be in the list (for it's impending 'destruction'). A panel needs to earn the respect and approval of the community before it can judge it without retaliation.

2c, the Melee revision should be up pretty soon, props to Redact.

Zero

Smash Hero
PR's should only assist in seeding players, its majority made up from common sense. When ther's bad seeding, its a bad TO at fault.
I have to agree. Shaya, I still think you putting me vs Toby first round while EA played some noname was a little...off. While direct seeding from PR is fine, a little insight should be given. :\

Not that this has anything to do with this.

tibs7

Smash Champion
attila wants to see his name no.1 if it isnt its not good enough for him...
attila you're on the list whether you like it or not. your just being gay seriously.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The Brawl panel better accept Attila's request (enforcements will be made otherwise). I requested to be taken off the Brawl PR with no fuss, but that wasn't controversial as my wanting to be off the Melee PR, since I would have placed 7th-10th at the time.

Attila, train hard to get into the Melee PR! weeeew :estatic:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I have to agree. Shaya, I still think you putting me vs Toby first round while EA played some noname was a little...off. While direct seeding from PR is fine, a little insight should be given. :\

Not that this has anything to do with this.
You were the last PR'd player there,
every -other- PR player were playing non-PR'd players.

Little insight under your perspective would have been toby against another Power ranked player or a power ranked player above you playing a power ranked player.
So EA against luke first round is playing a no name?

http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket8381.gif

Actually, S.D ended up playing Silfa first round.
The bracket that time was not only seeded with all of this in mind, but was meant to avoid people from the same pool playing each other in the first two rounds. I seeded Toby higher than his [non] PR placement because I put a lot of work into making sure brackets aren't feejucked; you playing him first round was just about the best option available.
Wasn't it you (or maybe it was any one (or maybe two) of the pr panel) who said Silfa needs to play S.D as well

Please don't propose an uneducated (ea played some no name, insinuating that I put no insight into these things) opinion Andrew.
The last **** up in seeding I did was Amaterasu / JBirds being so close to each other in bracket at thriller; I don't let things slip like that often at tournaments I run.

Zero

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, bad memory on my part. The first losers match of that side transposed to the first in my mind. I know you generally seed very well and I should have double checked first.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
you gotta sit down and play with us if you wanna learn attila, im more than keen for a meet sometime soon (8

S.D

Smash Master
You were the last PR'd player there,
every -other- PR player were playing non-PR'd players.

Little insight under your perspective would have been toby against another Power ranked player or a power ranked player above you playing a power ranked player.
So EA against luke first round is playing a no name?

http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket8381.gif

Actually, S.D ended up playing Silfa first round.
The bracket that time was not only seeded with all of this in mind, but was meant to avoid people from the same pool playing each other in the first two rounds. I seeded Toby higher than his [non] PR placement because I put a lot of work into making sure brackets aren't feejucked; you playing him first round was just about the best option available.
Wasn't it you (or maybe it was any one (or maybe two) of the pr panel) who said Silfa needs to play S.D as well

Please don't propose an uneducated (ea played some no name, insinuating that I put no insight into these things) opinion Andrew.
The last **** up in seeding I did was Amaterasu / JBirds being so close to each other in bracket at thriller; I don't let things slip like that often at tournaments I run.
I needed to play Silfa? We play like every tournament lol I'm 4-1 up get at me.

On topic, you guys should at least give Shaya some sort of consultation role, he knows how to structure a PR based on numerous criteria and can definitely help create the framework for the type of logic that should be employed by any panel.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
it was my suggestion to make silfa play sd since silfa was above sd on the pr and there were some concerns that he shouldnt be there, so I figured they should fight it out, and silfa won, however sd then went and placed higher then him so thanks for taking us back to square 1 lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Still a long time away before another NSW PR imo.

6-7 months at least I think. :D
Anyway, sorry for clogging up your thread here Victoria :(

Let's move the conversation to our PR thread if we want to continue.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Looking at the bracket, even though SD placed higher, he didn't beat any PR players. Both Silfa and SD lost to players ranked higher than them, but Silfa beat a ranked player (SD).

Silfa

Smash Ace
S.D is too good - always knocking me out of tournaments. :( I don't know how I managed to beat him at the recent boost.

But yeah, on topic, I'm sure shaya could provide some useful knowledge to the Vic panel.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Nah just leave it off and tell me attila's initial placing and i'll use that for seeding. ;P

Splice

Smash Hero
Yo Jei, with the VIC PR, you might want to take me off it.

For the benefit of the scene, though; As Conor has already stated the PR is important coz of seeding.
Seeing as I won't be coming tournaments any time in the near future, having me on it won't really help seeding.

It's not a request though. I don't even know if you use the whole top 10 for seeding or just the top 8 but whatever.

Is Attila still on the panel btw? If he doesn't want his name on it, he shouldn't be on the panel imo.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
**** this drama, i'm making my own PR!!

Also attila isn't on the panel.

Also yeah its top 10 for seeding.

Splice

Smash Hero
**** this drama, i'm making my own PR!!
Yeah it sucks. That's a good idea, it'd probably be just as legitimate and correct except it would be over and done with faster. Go ahead and do so imo. ;)
Also attila isn't on the panel.
Cool, that's good and logical.
Also yeah its top 10 for seeding.
:ohwell: Well in that case having me on the PR is a bad idea, at least, from a TO trying to seed a tournament's perspective.

Splice

Smash Hero
Should have Nix removed from the PR coz he never attends anyway. Might as well have like, Shaya on the PR 'coz he attends more than Nix.

ffs Nix.

Splice

Smash Hero
Coz it's boring and it's not going anywhere new until ROBOCOP which I will definitely make an attempt to go to. People are getting pretty repetitive too. Oh btw, Dont Come is especially hard to go to coz it's EXAM TIME for me so that's a problem.

And I have work every saturday and sunday (unlike M2K) now.

Also, Khoa and Nix dont go anymore (well haven't seen them for a while at a tournament) so yeah.
I miss Khoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom