• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Brawl Power Rankings (VERSION TEN) Updated LAST YEAR LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I think if Cao didn't care as much as he claimed, he wouldn't be sooking about it. If it's true that he's been losing to Dekar in the monthlies, then it's only natural that at the current time (which the power rankings are indicative of) Dekar is better. If there's any disagreement to that, then people should seriously ask themselves, "has Cao been winning?" If the answer is no, then it's obvious Dekar is, at the current time better than Cao. How much one is trying or handicaps themselves is irrelevant, and honestly Cao they look like excuses.

If you disagree with your placing, you should considering proving it by beating Dekar, instead of having a cry.

And to the people who are saying silly things such as "Cao does so much for us" and "blah blah blah, cao, blah blah blah, let him do whatever, blah" they should take a hike. The Power Rankings aren't a listful of who contributes the most in a particular scene.

Much love to Cao, he's a top bloke, but in this case you just seem to be wrong. Power Rankings do include results sure, but that's not it. They include the players one person beats in the tournaments being considered and used for revisement of the power rankings by the panel. Obviously, past results and records against players are considered, but if you're no consistently showing it to the panel. Then you should be dropping accordingly.

The power rankings are competitive in nature. If you don't like that, it's fine. You don't need to agree with that, but asking yourself to be removed as soon as you lose your #1 spot just reflects badly, and kind of disrespects the people who are putting the effort in to bring you are power ranking. And just because you don't agree with the competitiveness of a power ranking, doesn't mean you should be removed, especially if, despite your distaste, your skilled enough to deserve a spot.

A few other things directed at Ledge.
1. Power rankings don't show who's fighting for what position. If you want to misinterpret it like that though, be my guest. It's merely a ranking of who is currently at what skill level.
2. People would value winning a tournament more against someone who is trying. I wouldn't enjoy winning a tournament against a sandbagging Shaya.
3. Again, how much you're trying is irrelevant, anyone who thinks how much effort one is putting in to it matters, then you don't understand a power ranking as much as you claim.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Scoot, I'll keep this short - everything you're saying is correct based on the criteria which was used to create the last list. The criteria is being restored to provide a more substantial analysis of how good players are (and to reinstate the purpose of having a panel). This process has been lost since the original inception of regional power rankings in 2006 and we are basically going to restore it.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
ffs
OoS people.
Just shut up.
It really has NOTHING to do with you.
Victoria can sort their own problems out.
But naaaaah everyone has to shove their two cents worth in. Meh.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
ffs
OoS people.
Just shut up.
It really has NOTHING to do with you.
Victoria can sort their own problems out.
But naaaaah everyone has to shove their two cents worth in. Meh.
Luke and Swordsaint are both clearly Melbourne PR experts, hence why they have posted in this topic more then most others

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Scoot: thx for the directedness lol, but yeah
Scoot, I'll keep this short - everything you're saying is correct based on the criteria which was used to create the last list. The criteria is being restored to provide a more substantial analysis of how good players are (and to reinstate the purpose of having a panel). This process has been lost since the original inception of regional power rankings in 2006 and we are basically going to restore it.
This pretty much explains it.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
This was a wasted post, all you did was quote Cao and it still didn't validate anything you said.
Why the hostility? It actually answers point 2 and 3 for you. Point 1 is something that is not easy to explain and I can't be bothered explaining right now so just ignore that I said it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Can we have Shaz to contribute or at least, comment on the panel's work?
he's a god at understanding where people are at, just by reading how they play and what they do.
i agree 100%
who are you asking though, you're running the show, even if we had any authority as if we'd say no to smasher of the year shaz
he's also quite the monster hunter

makes them as useful as a computer calculating a series of static wins and losses. This was the problem of the original criteria.
we didn't count wins and losses only, the list would've been different if that were the case
we also discussed matchups vs everyone else in the pr, general skill displayed etc

Sieg

Smash Champion
i agree 100%
who are you asking though, you're running the show, even if we had any authority as if we'd say no to smasher of the year shaz
he's also quite the monster hunter

we didn't count wins and losses only, the list would've been different if that were the case
we also discussed matchups vs everyone else in the pr, general skill displayed etc
Shaz plays Monster Hunter?

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
shaz pros: jack of all trades, master of none (your fox is rusty 4 sure)
cons: plays all the bad characters too, fox falco only

but yeah shaz you pointed out my flaws from back when you played me, ive been trying the past few weeks since i lost to kulla to try change that (8

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
You're kidding right!? I'm a master of two things, scrutinsing people, and attempting to overpower them with ditto or red-heads. Nothing inspires growth like a whooping from a ging :D.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
when unlucky gets to 10 posts we're gunna have a massive party/tournament bigger than pound 9

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Seeing as though none of the Brawl panelists are paying attention in the PR group thread thingy, I'll announce here.

I'm going to post the newest Brawl PR in a week. I'm going to base it off the current discussion which we have seemed to have abandoned. Hopefully this will encourage the 2 other remaining panelists <Splice dropped out I don't know why> to give some more input before next Sunday night.

Also if Splice doesn't want in anymore, who will volunteer to be our fourth panelists? Someone with decent knowledge of the Melbourne Brawl scene of course and is obviously from Melbourne and not NSW...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Seeing as though none of the Brawl panelists are paying attention in the PR group thread thingy, I'll announce here.

I'm going to post the newest Brawl PR in a week. I'm going to base it off the current discussion which we have seemed to have abandoned. Hopefully this will encourage the 2 other remaining panelists <Splice dropped out I don't know why> to give some more input before next Sunday night.

Also if Splice doesn't want in anymore, who will volunteer to be our fourth panelists? Someone with decent knowledge of the Melbourne Brawl scene of course and is obviously from Melbourne and not NSW...
Sounds great, good lucks with it

Afropony

Smash Lord

I'm waiting for Tibs's input, he doesn't seem to know we're even trying to discuss it.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Mikul I mentioned the word 'attempt', and also so far as I know Falcon doesn't have red hair so I'm not absolutely obliged to win xD.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Captain Falcon has an enormous red jewfro under his helmet, just like Kyle from South Park. I just know it.

On a more serious note, I bumped into Markarse on the train the other day (we live a few stops away from each other) and after exchanging pleasantries, it got me thinking...would it be worth trying to get him back into the scene?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
So a week has passed.

Brawl Vic PR v.3 will be up by tonight.
Afro and Tibs go over the final list and see if there's anything you would like to modify. Quick lol.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i dont like the institution of the PR. nor the criteria. nor the way it serves no real purpose except making people angry.

id rather just stay out of it.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
It also helps seeding brackets/pools etc...

And you being so high on the list would make things difficult for Conor if you were removed from it...not being seeded at your skill level and all...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Attila, reconsider whether or not you'll be on the PR.

Considering how often there were complaints about brackets not being seeded properly in the past, it is within your best interests to allow yourself to be on the PR.

Also Jei, I should be on the Melb PR panel. :) I may be pretty serious here.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Nah he's just saying he could make a VIC PR better than you guys.

Hey NSW panel, wanna make a VIC PR for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom