• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Brawl Power Rankings (VERSION TEN) Updated LAST YEAR LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
tak you don't know what trolling is, you're not helping anyone by constantly posting "fail trolls" etc over and over
don't post!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
in tak's opinion everytime someone makes a joke, discusses a serious topic or is saracstic it's trolling and immature

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Yawn much? Jeez guys its a list of names. If you think its wrong then make your own somewhere else. We trust these guys with our PR but then just argue it when its released. If the PR said Surgi 1st (^^) then obviously its wrong. If Dekar can consistantly defeat CAO, whether trying or no, then he deserves top spot. That being said, if Dekar cannot consistantly take the cake then the rankings shouldn't change. Moving up or down in the list should be difficult and positions should be more fixed untill one of the players has shown *significantly* different results. Not 2 wins in minor tournaments no matter how convincing. Also I don't think you can include CAO in a PR that he doesn't want to be featured in. No means no guys.

Edit: I am not saying Dekar (<3) isn't top dog in Melbourne, nor am i saying that he is but the PR shouldn't change so whimsically.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
cut him some slack though dekar, being the most mature sensible person in the world cant be easy

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yawn much? Jeez guys its a list of names. If you think its wrong then make your own somewhere else. We trust these guys with our PR but then just argue it when its released. If the PR said Surgi 1st (^^) then obviously its wrong. If Dekar can consistantly defeat CAO, whether trying or no, then he deserves top spot. That being said, if Dekar cannot consistantly take the cake then the rankings shouldn't change. Moving up or down in the list should be difficult and positions should be more fixed untill one of the players has shown *significantly* different results. Not 2 wins in minor tournaments no matter how convincing. Also I don't think you can include CAO in a PR that he doesn't want to be featured in. No means no guys.
I love you Surgi.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
we can't touch the OP surgi, we're not mods
if cao doesn't want to be in the pr he will remove himself

true luke, it's a burden he carries for all of us
he's like a superhero/jesus mix

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
look how upset your getting, jealous? I bet you want to suck shayas **** so bad it hurts.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its ok tak, you can cry, hey maybe I can teach you how to be awesome like us?
oh wait... thats probably out of your reach, oh well, you can be our sidekick, how'd you like that?

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Shaya gets it. I'm definitely not interested in playing the game of "x would be better than y if he tried in z". Results speak for themselves, the real question with Dekar vs. CAO is how we weight Dekar's superior recent local results against CAO's older but more significant major results and interstate history.

Despite being on the panel now I'm still not convinced there's any point for having power rankings at all. It's just four guys' opinion of who is the best, and how much you value the PR is just a matter of how much you respect their opinion. Obviously everyone feels they can form their own opinion on the matter, and I doubt anyone's going to care about our opinion more just because it's got an official thread, so who is the PR serving?

I think the best rankings are results or strictly based on results - they reward winning, as a competitive scene should, not "what-ifs". Major results speak for themselves, and maybe we should go back to counting seasonal ranbat points for our monthlies as a way to give more significance to them for those who care enough to try (and those who don't care, such as KO, can happily ignore them).

Also, can people go **** up another thread? It's possible to disagree without being obnoxious about it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey tak, want a reality check? might wanna not read this though buddy, the truth can hurt.

first, your an idiot, blunt but none the less true, and your not self aware of your idiocy, in the same way that atlus is not self aware of his, or the fact that nobody likes him or wants him around.

now before you run off and kill yourself, I'm not saying your as bad as atlus, just giving you an example so your small mind can understand what I'm saying.

second, your not mature at all, as soon as the jokes start rolling you jump on your high horse and parade around calling us stupid, immature and trolls, and the purpose of doing this is what?
as dekar said your not contributing or helping in anyway, your basically going "hey hey, look at me! I'm mature, I'm sooo smart and mature, look at me!"
thats what little kids do.

next, you keep posting around the place that I want to suck dekars ****, now lets get one thing straight here.
sucking dekars **** would be akin to sucking gods ****, and if dekar was gracious enough to offer, how could I resist?
funny you should say that though since all I do is agree with everything dekar says, just like what you do with shaya, does that mean you want to suck shayas ****?

furthermore, telling someone that they want to suck someone's **** (and censor dodging) is very very immature, **** humour is the lowest, most childish form of humour around, surely someone of your high mature stature wouldnt stoop so low right? well you did so...

long story short, no hard feelings buddy, your an allright guy, but your even more of an immature idiot then any of us.

and that is how its done.

on topic, cao if you dont care about being on the pr or being competative then why is it such a big issue that dekar is ahead of you on it?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Luke, well it wouldn't be an issue if my name isn't on it now, so I'll go do that. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have some of my insight into the issue; some people like what I have to say.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
lol the kids are fighting again.. It's only an issue because he doesn't care about the PR and therefore doesn't want any involvement with it.

as if that shark can't be posted overseas.. I had a 80 pound ddr pad shipped from the states for less than $150.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
hey cao i don't see the "how much you think they are trying" criteria, maybe you should update that
idiot..

ofc this is really about cao being pissed he's #2, not about the panel following criteria incorrectly

i agree with your points vs interstaters though, but nothing can really be proven there until robocop...

OH BTW I DON'T TRY INTERSTATE, guess i'm 1st for sure
oh also i don't think atticus has been trying at all, so he should be #1
and redact's been trying 100% so he's now 15th really
Yeah, and I don't respect responses such as this from a panelist. That seals it, the image is removed until a new one replaces it.

Also, yes, it is very ironic the founder of the regional power ranking is now one of its biggest opponents. I've seen the arguments PRs can create.

Sieg - I'm pretty happy here but moving to QLD is a nice thought :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
see, now cao far be it for me to personally attack you, but it seems like you were fine with being on the pr untill suddenly dekar was in front of you, now you just want to be off it and avoid it completely.

what does that suggest to you? if you didnt want to be on there why were you on there in the first place?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah the only argument was started by you, accusing us of not following the criteria

Sieg

Smash Champion
HERE COMES THE SIEGSTORM.

THE **** WILL START FLYING. CHAIRS WILL BE KICKED. PEOPLE YELLED AT.

Many a controller will be thrown.

ALL IN THE NAME OF EGO!

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

Etc etc.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It suggests to me I had no problem with the preceding list. Not treating this as an attack of any kind Luke, you're cool with me. And Dekar, I'm not at all convinced you still are taking into all considerations the full criteria, so I'm going to leave it at that.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so what it boils down to is that you dont accept dekar being above you, and thus have decided to remove yourself from the list in order too ostracize the list?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Cao hasn't been on the top forever guys. There was a time when he too was aiming for the king.

Why would he suddenly be so pissed off at being second now?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Luke - I know my place respective to everyone else in the scene, imo, better than the others. To be honest, if I think I deserve 2nd then that's what I deserve, but I am in a disagreeance with the outcomes of this new list and how they decided upon it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
so because you disagree with our decision... you remove yourself from the list
lol
glad everyone's not like this

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Perhaps they just don't know any better and accept what panelists tell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom