• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Brawl Power Rankings (VERSION TEN) Updated LAST YEAR LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
right but like you said in your post, imo

what about the panels opinion?
wouldnt the more mature thing to be to stay on there, grin and bear it and prove that you own that no1 spot?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if you think you know better than everyone cao, you should be on the panel
otherwise don't complain and overreact when you disagree with us, christ...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
right but like you said in your post, imo

what about the panels opinion?
wouldnt the more mature thing to be to stay on there, grin and bear it and prove that you own that no1 spot?
Can I just prove it in a major and not a local minor which I treat as a training day?

Also Dekar, I can provide guidance on how to make a PR - being in it doesn't chance how controversial it may become to others, eg the first Brawl PR.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yes, just because you dont get your way you completely disown the system, come cao, dont you think thats the wrong way to do things?

edit - how hard is it to take a match, really? like an honest question, is it that hard to go between trying and not trying?

Splice

Smash Hero
Can I just prove it in a major and not a local minor which I treat as a training day?
Shouldn't Dekar be no.1 til then though?

I mean only you can be sure whether you treat the tourney as a training day, the rest of the scene has no idea if that's truth, so all we can go on is the performance of the players that we currently see before us.

Afaik you were going all out, and Dekar was sandbagging and still won. Sort of an exaggeration there but w/e.

Also I don't know why you want your name off there. It doesn't benefit anyone, like if you dont care about your placing, just go 2nd and Dekar will be happy and everyone below you will understand. I don't see how taking your name off there makes any difference to you if you dont care.

?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Luke and everyone else, perhaps I should just have a chat with you about it next time we meet, if you're so curious - might save me from going around in circles. Pretty sure I answered those questions somewhere in my previous posts.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
so i guess the lesson is guys, we can't have a pr because if cao isn't where HE thinks he should be then it gets removed
if we can't have a pr, let's just go back to having ranbat ranking points as atticus said

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Give me the new PR without my name on it and I'll throw it up. :) And I'm not setting a precedent by removing my name, quite a few people decide to do it, I know at least three other Aussies that have done it before.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
well it's kind of pointless now
plus other people have said they want their names removed if it gets re-upped

nice job ruining the melbourne pr cao *clap*

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I know at least three other Aussies that have done it before.
thats what she said.

sure dude, but its not really any of my business, just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents cause thats what I do, and to be honest with you, what you are saying does suggest that you think you get more rights and privledges then anyone else.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
However, everyone has the same access to their rights as I have. They just supposedly didn't know this.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i wonder if anyone else would have removed them self from the pr because they thought they should be higher
or just you

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
youve contradicted yourself many a time in this thread since my absence cao, and even somewhat before that

first of all you say you dont care, but you seem to not only insistent on removing your own name/having yourself at first, you go to the extent of removing the pr from the boards just to suit your own means for something you "dont care about"?

i offered you many a time to have input and or look over the pr, you denied me multiple times on having any involvement in creating it or even helping create it, but then when we make one without you (as you said it would be fine) you immediately slam it as flawed? you realize whilst dekar makes immature replies on these boards, he makes amazingly accurate judgments and does his research when it comes to placing people properly on the pr

ALL of us agree that your recent results have slumped to the point that you are no longer the overall best player, the PR is about who is the best at the current time of the revision, not best overall performance in the last year

if you feel the pr is flawed PLEASE reason logically and have input rather than just slam it, say no, delete it and then still refuse to help us correct it

im asking you again cao, help us make the pr rather than end it, whilst you may not see the point, i know that multiple Melbourne players, including myself have stepped up their seriousness in smash since the pr has been created.

whilst you may not be competitive, im pretty sure you care about the health of your states scene, whilst you may not see it (to be honest youre quite out of touch with the scene here, no offence) a lot of us take the pr seriously, and if you remove yourself or demand your removal, you are just harming the PR so much that its not worth making otherwise at this point

really cao you've just jumped the gun at this point, you moved against one panelist and then disregarded the work the rest of us went to? if you have that much of an issue with how dekar posts/talks/thinks/whatever, then tell us that he needs to either shape up or the panel will have issues

the way youve handled this is pretty much disgusting cao to be honest, if i have anything to say its grow up and dont abuse your power like this, talk to us, we can come to a solution that is far from just ruining the effort your scene wants to put into itself to grow.

also if you somehow find my post as an inappropriate reply, feel free to infract me/delete the post, but at least still pm me or something about what changes need to be made for a pr to be up with your name and your approval on it

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i think its a bit lame that you're doing this cao. I mean dekar did beat you at the monthlies and really who cares if i beat sam in 2 monthlies in a row id put myself as no.1 too and be like loloolololol even if i knew he was still better than me.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
youve contradicted yourself many a time in this thread since my absence cao, and even somewhat before that

first of all you say you dont care, but you seem to not only insistent on removing your own name/having yourself at first, you go to the extent of removing the pr from the boards just to suit your own means for something you "dont care about"?

i offered you many a time to have input and or look over the pr, you denied me multiple times on having any involvement in creating it or even helping create it, but then when we make one without you (as you said it would be fine) you immediately slam it as flawed? you realize whilst dekar makes immature replies on these boards, he makes amazingly accurate judgments and does his research when it comes to placing people properly on the pr

ALL of us agree that your recent results have slumped to the point that you are no longer the overall best player, the PR is about who is the best at the current time of the revision, not best overall performance in the last year

if you feel the pr is flawed PLEASE reason logically and have input rather than just slam it, say no, delete it and then still refuse to help us correct it

im asking you again cao, help us make the pr rather than end it, whilst you may not see the point, i know that multiple Melbourne players, including myself have stepped up their seriousness in smash since the pr has been created.

whilst you may not be competitive, im pretty sure you care about the health of your states scene, whilst you may not see it (to be honest youre quite out of touch with the scene here, no offence) a lot of us take the pr seriously, and if you remove yourself or demand your removal, you are just harming the PR so much that its not worth making otherwise at this point

really cao you've just jumped the gun at this point, you moved against one panelist and then disregarded the work the rest of us went to? if you have that much of an issue with how dekar posts/talks/thinks/whatever, then tell us that he needs to either shape up or the panel will have issues

the way youve handled this is pretty much disgusting cao to be honest, if i have anything to say its grow up and dont abuse your power like this, talk to us, we can come to a solution that is far from just ruining the effort your scene wants to put into itself to grow.

also if you somehow find my post as an inappropriate reply, feel free to infract me/delete the post, but at least still pm me or something about what changes need to be made for a pr to be up with your name and your approval on it
Take this to IRC or something, we can talk there.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
.......dammit!

I think I may have once or twice but finished with an aerial or something instead...I'll getto practicing then lol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
all's good in pr land
new one coming soon with new criteria and... TIERS

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
LMAO I left the internet for like 10 hours and every got crazy -_-

K first things first Syke shutup we don't need to brown nosing cao every 5 seconds and not having any good input at all.

Second Luke shutup we don't need to brown nosing dekar every 5 seconds and not having any good input at all.

Third, Cao you don't have to be on PR if you don't want so people take him off it and stop saying he's only doing it because he's not top. As he very bluntly said before, he isn't playing at monthlies in a comopetitive way so he shouldn't be on the competitive scene PR. Plus CAO is our major melee TO i dont think you tards understand that one of us might have to do something for once so stop being a-holes and respect someone who does so much **** for us. Just one thing CAO, if you don't want to be on it, specify that before the PR is posted, not after all the work went into it (<3)

Fourth Dekar, you're too good at the game stfu and stop being good <3 But you shouldn't be on the PR panel if your a high ranking competitor.

umm last I'm looking forward to the tiered PR which is how all our PR's seem to be going atm coz people are too retarted to just accept what the panel put together. Despite this I still <3 everyone :D (except dumb people who are dumb)

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Cao is amazing for this scene, People should seriously show him more respect and truly try to understand where hes coming from before dishing uncontrolled emotional tantrums.

I feel I completely understand where hes coming from. It's not about coming first to him. It's about helping the scene grow. He would prefer that he be looked at as someone with tons of respected and knowledge rather then someone fighting for first place. Even if Cao agreed he was only the second best player in Melb, I doubt he would want his name on the list. Because being second would indicate that you are fighting for first to most people. When really it's quite obvious he isn't.

I mean only you can be sure whether you treat the tourney as a training day, the rest of the scene has no idea if that's truth, so all we can go on is the performance of the players that we currently see before us.
Have you watched Cao play a tourney match these days? It's like hes playing a friendly, he's not serious about it at all. I remember one tourney a while ago where he pulled out in winners bracket so Dekar and Em would have a higher chance in winning for once, because if Cao was in the GF it would be obvious who would win and it would kill the hype, or he wanted to give up his own position as first to someone else who would VALUE it more.

I have not talked to Cao about this ever btw, It's only my thoughts from what I've gathered through observing Cao and the Melee scene.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the problem with that thought though, is if he wanted to be off the pr, why did he wait untill he was put second before doing so?

you dont know what your talking about ledge, as for respect, I do respect cao alot, but what he's doing is silly and not helping the scene at all.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
w/e I probably shouldn't have posted because Cao would explain it fine himself. I just couldn't help it after seeing everyone turn on him and assume things they shouldn't just because he doesn't want to be on the PR, he has the right to not be on it.
Luke you don't know the Melee scene in Melb, Cao clearly doesn't try, I'm against Cao being 2nd and if I were in his position I would prob do the same thing.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I remember one tourney a while ago where he pulled out in winners bracket so Dekar and Em would have a higher chance in winning for once, because if Cao was in the GF it would be obvious who would win and it would kill the hype, or he wanted to give up his own position as first to someone else who would VALUE it more.
sorry ledge but you have no idea buddy lol
cao forfeited in one tournament in losers because of controller johns, didn't have his controller

anyway did nobody read my post where i said everything is ok now, so drop it guys

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Cao clearly doesn't try, I'm against Cao being 2nd and if I were in his position I would prob do the same thing.
but there's nothing in the criteria about trying, ledge
if tibs didn't come 1st the next 5 monthlies (and afropony did) but didn't try, should he retain 1st under the previous criteria? no

Dekar289

Smash Hero
obv major's count for much more
but it's not that simple
for instance, toshiba was fairly new back at rocky, and has since improved so so much

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
but there's nothing in the criteria about trying, ledge
if tibs didn't come 1st the next 5 monthlies (and afropony did) but didn't try, should he retain 1st under the previous criteria? no
But if Tibs didn't try for 5 months in a row and went down, I'm sure he wouldn't care about the PR either. Which is the same situation as Cao. I don't really mind anymore anyway I'm sure Cao has sorted it out with you guys by now.
I'm over it :p.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks for your thoughts though Ledge, much appreciated. The PR is undergoing a refinement which will address elements the existing criteria hadn't picked up.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I've not seen the list, but from what I gather:
- First, to me the best Melee at this time is KO. I'm far from trying to rob Dekar, as he's a shining star I've seen coming from long off. What Dekar currently lacks however is a full repitoire of experience and versatility, which to me KO shows an edge in.
- Any talking lowly to KO after all he does for everyone for nothing in return is nasty and I can only imagine how that'd make him feel.

Here are a few quick blunt criticisms on players:

Forte pros: Good versatility, strong players. Forte cons: lacking killer instinct
Dekar pros: Great opponent control, strong rule use and abuse. Dekar cons: seemingly relies heavily on upper hand.
KO pros: Strong experience base to draw on, stable mindset. KO cons: nothing dramatic
Redact pros: Killer instinct. cons. Rinse repeat reliant.
Toshiba = unknown to me
Tak pros: nothing dramatic. Tak cons: boring play-style
Mikul pros: Killer instinct, relentless. cons: universal character weaknesses, weak game at edge.
Emily pros: Flowing cookie-cutter finesse, relentless, killer instinct. Emily cons: bad adaptivity and strategic pitfalls.
Timic pros: Trial and error adaptivity. Timic cons: Seemingly reliant on advantage.
Tibs pros: Balanced style. Tibs cons: Bit more experience will help a lot.
Atticus pros: Balanced style. Atticus cons: boring play-style
Earl pros: Nothing dramatic. Earl cons: boring play-style.
Chris and Bryan both = limited experience so hard to say, but great team-work there boys xD

On Boring play-style. This just means you're too cookie cutter and not exceptional at it. I'd suggest giving your game a personal twist rather than spamming youtube bread-and-butter. It's no indication of your potential, just your current level - keep up the good work however as you're impressive enough to get a mention :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Can we have Shaz to contribute or at least, comment on the panel's work? He thinks like an original panelist and would serve as useful guidance into how to construct the list, without needing to do any of the actual decision making -- he's a god at understanding where people are at, just by reading how they play and what they do.

Also, the majority of the panel consists of people from a particular crew; expert analysis from an 'outsider' source is highly valuable since crews tend to have a more homogenous understanding, or a set vision on certain things.

Also Timic, if the PR counts results only, then the list is the equivalent of a Ranbat points system; the expertise and critical analysis of a panel's judgement isn't being used and makes them as useful as a computer calculating a series of static wins and losses. This was the problem of the original criteria.

You'll understand later once the new criteria and list are thrown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom