• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
....it's kinda late, but good **** to Vanz. didnt get to see the stream, but looking forward to the vids! :)

also in the near future i will be asking for help against spacies. i will wait for the video to be uploaded first though

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, you guys can all see me cop-out and use Peach against Trail again. I have a single Peach match recorded from the entire tournament.

:awesome:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So i have been thinking one of the reasons i am having trouble against this one person i know is that I have been thinking to much. I also feel as if i wait to have a visual confirmation that what i plan to be doing is working instead of just working off mt feel for the game. So my new idea is to just play as if i was perfect and hope that i am. does this sound dumb? and if what i am saying is unclear i will try to explain it better. I would like some feedback if this mentality makes sense.

Also good **** Vanz on getting 3rd

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So i have been thinking one of the reasons i am having trouble against this one person i know is that I have been thinking to much. I also feel as if i wait to have a visual confirmation that what i plan to be doing is working instead of just working off mt feel for the game. So my new idea is to just play as if i was perfect and hope that i am. does this sound dumb? and if what i am saying is unclear i will try to explain it better. I would like some feedback if this mentality makes sense.

Also good **** Vanz on getting 3rd
Uh...I think you should explain.

Also, Vanz, I wanna know what you think about Peach/Puff. Whether or not it's super difficult.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Uh...I think you should explain.
yea figured as much... so let me try to explain what i mean.

ok so lets say i am going for a fc fair on the falcons shield then i plan on grabbing after the fc fair. I always fail grabbing after the fair and i am starting to believe the reason i fail is b/c I think to much. Now what i mean by this is I am ether to busy thinking about what i should do if he moves so the fair doesnt hit his shield or/and i am so busy waiting for a visual confirmation that my fair landed on his shield I always end up not getting a grab off. I feel that if i were to play as if i am doing my techs perfectly I would not have to rely on visual confirmation and maybe then i would hit grab faster so I land the grabs instead of missing them b/c i am taking extra time making sure i am doing things correctly.

So to clear this up better I want to rely on the skills and abilities i have instead of over thinking things as if i was going to mess up.

Another example is quick fc nairs close to the ground. I feel i am often waiting to see if i floated correctly or i am to busy making sure i am no longer hitting the joystick down that it slows up how fast i can pull off a fc nair.

So my theory is that I have played and practiced enough that if i was to stop worrying about making tech and other mistakes. But if instead I played as if my tech skill was perfect or at least very good (by perfect i dont really mean perfect but more confident in what i know i can do) it would make me much faster in my game and overall make me play better.

Further more since the guy who is giving me trouble plays only fast characters my over thinking during the matches i believe is slowing down my reaction time giving him a much easier time in the matches. So if i were just to play like i know I can and not over think every part of the game I feel i would do better. So its kinda like playing on instinct and experience while making smart choices during the match.

LOL i hope this wall of text explains what i mean a little better.

Also shrouded about your post a couple of days ago about having trouble and feeling peach has limits that r hard to work around. I know how u feel but I really do believe with some time u will be able to break past these walls and i suggest sticking with her. I also want to say i believe that everyone has a character they click with better then any other character so if there is someone else u feel more comfortable with then peach u should try them out but if peach is the character u feel drawn to stay with it.

One last thing shrouded I see u r from Ohio which means we cant be friends Go Blue :)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think I used have an over-thinking problem (I still do, to a degree). I think you just have to become really in-tune to what you can do, and more confident as well. Which probably just comes from playing a lot. Once you start recognizing situations more, then you can be more confident in what works when.

Recently, Ganon, Yoshi, and Falco have all been kind of interesting to play with. I'm going to fool around a bit, and see if she'll still be interested in me when I come back. If not, then I guess a divorce is in order. But I'm not sure if she's satisfying my need like they need to be satisfied right now. :chuckle:

And...I'm not sure what Go Blue means (I assume you're referring to sports?), but come on. You can't not be friends with me just because I'm from Ohio (I mean, you can, it's the Midwest, but that'd make me a little sad :( )

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ORLY is a really goofy guy. was making jokes during an MM one day.

VA

Smash Hero
I'm back to Peach. My ten month hiatus combined with playing against Trif has opened my heart once more to Peach.

One question.

Is jump from the ledge as good with peach as I think it is?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Go Blue is a Michigan football cheer. Since their colors are Maize and Blue. They still suck though. Go Bucks.

Good ****, VaNs. I missed the stream, so I can't wait to see some of your matches.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Like i said shourded I know the siguation and stuff Ive been playing for a long enough time. Its just i guess in my nature to make sure i am not ****ing up but I just need to fix that and I will be much better.

Like Juushichi said it is a Michigan cheer. But what he didnt tell you is ohio state is awful this year and even through Michigan is not the best team in the country they r still way better then the bucks. (and they will be better for some time but i wont go into detail about why that is but a quick explanation is Ohio state is in trouble with the NCAA so they are not having a great playing year or recruiting year)

Anyway shourded i guess we can be friends but it seems Juushichi and I cant be friends :)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't know why I thought that you hadn't been playing for a while... silly me. I was looking through some old threads and saw that you had commented on the first thread I'd made here.

And if it helps, I don't really care about sports. *shrug*

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
The only sport i care about is mich football but i am not going to be choosing who i like and dont like over it so no worries. Also ive been playing smash on and off since late 2006 but ive only become good (not great just good) in maybe 2010.

edit: lol just checked what threads u made. I was the first response on your first thread and i welcomed you to the boards lol

PandaCobo

Smash Apprentice
ok so i need some help with practing setting up combos but the problem is there arent any players (good players central valley kinda sucks) around to help or to practice with. Does anyone have any tips?

Composeur

Smash Ace
I'm back to Peach. My ten month hiatus combined with playing against Trif has opened my heart once more to Peach.

One question.

Is jump from the ledge as good with peach as I think it is?
Yay!

The jump seems to work really well for me when people aren't expecting it or if I do it immediately after grabbing. Marth seems like he can **** it almost unconditionally, though.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Is there a trick to auto floating while holding down without fast falling? Like for example, run off stage, fall a little, then auto float without using jump. I tend to fast fall it a lot. Is it basically like doing an utilt, just by going downwards instead o_O? I ask too many float questions xD

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
At least for me, you just have to be really quick with pressing the jump button. I've never tried to fine tune it, or tilt that softly. You just have to be ready to press X/Y at the height you want (perhaps a little bit before). But with a little practice, I've never had a problem doing a run-off float at nearly platform height while keeping my second jump.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
You have the projectile, he doesnt.

So yes, turnip camp him.

Unless you're down a stock, then you're outta luck.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, Falcon can follow up on any DI from his d-throw, so you have to constantly mix it up to keep him guessing.

Top Bottom