• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
"Not get grabbed."

Of course, this is poor advice, but we really don't have any hope until 80 or so, at LEAST. I've noticed that around there, we can DI behind him and 'maybe' avoid a followup, but a knee will kill before then, anyways, so it doesn't matter (except for on Dreamland).

That's why I hate the Falcon match up. Whenever Falcon gets a grab on Peach, she's free as frogs, and there's little we can do about it.

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah, but Peach can do a lot to Falcon off of grabs it seems like.

But yeah it's tough, you'll probably get knee'ed, it's ok. Peach is a trooper.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I would argue that Falcon gets waay more profit off of grabs on Peach than she does on him (although you didn't say that she did, just something to point out). She's got chaingrabs until roughly 80, and maybe uthrow combos if they don't DI (not entirely sure about this). Falcon has dthrow > regrab, nair, uair, knee, etc.

PandaCobo

Smash Apprentice
Last question what is a good thing to practice or things to practice by your self with peach. Not a lot of good players play where I am from so I don't get a lot of human practice. How can I improve is basically what I am asking

:phone:

Wake

Smash Master
Practice movement on all the levels. In other words, practice being fluid and fast. Practice wavelanding. I would also practice ledge teching with motion sensor bombs on training mode. Maybe practice power shielding lasers... umm chain grabs maybe. Float cancels. Stuff like that I guess. However, finding people to play with is probably the best.

PandaCobo

Smash Apprentice
Ok that all makes sense except im kinda lost like place the motion sensor bomb on the edge of the stage of the side? Teching has never been my strong point

:phone:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so played the guy i was having trouble with using my new mentality and I was on fire. First i just want to say i am not sure if he was 100% for a reason i wont go into but if used it as a excuse i would believe it. Anyway even if he was not 100% i dont know if ive ever played this well b4. So i am hoping its the mentality and not just a really good day. B/c if it was a great day b/c of my new way of looking at the game it sort of gives me more room to improve then if I just had one good day.

What was weird if way to often i got wrecked on my first stock, but then i would come back to life and just go insane for the rest of the match. to explain this better... more then once i was nearly if not 0-deathed on my first stock but then in these same matches I would ether come back and take very little dmg and kill them right back or for the rest of the match i would just be playing great and bring it back for two stocks or low 1 stock wins. Now someone might read this and think how the **** does he think he played great today even through he was getting wrecked on his first stock. well let me tell u, i feel good about this day b/c I won almost all of my matches and having such a bad first stock gives me a lot of room for improvement. So if i just get that first stock under control and play the whole match as well as I do for the rest of my stocks I could be winning by much more then i currently am.

So not sure if anyone cares about this but it was a good day and i am psyched about how I played

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, good job! Sometimes, I have "good days," but I make the mistake of assuming that this means that I've gotten better, instead of realizing that I have a lot of room for improvement, like you said.

When realizations like these come along, you have to seize them, and make the most of what they mean. So it's good that you have.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Please help me with the Peach vs Sheik, Peach vs Luigi, Peach vs Doc and Peach ditto matchups! I really suck on all of those matchups as I don't have anyone to practice those matchups with. Unfortunately I don't really have any good recent videos of me playing those matchups, but any general advice would really help. Things like what should I be scared of, how should I counter their approaches/how should I approach etc would be really helpfull.

Edit: Here is the most recent set of me playing against Sheik (first 2 matches): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3oujDRZIc4 However the set isn't that good as the sheik player does SD's and loses all momentum after that. =(

Edit 2: And yeah I'm playing PAL version.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
do you ever like watch yourself play and be like "wow, that peach is really ugly and sloppy" and then remember that thats you T_T

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
do you ever like watch yourself play and be like "wow, that peach is really ugly and sloppy" and then remember that thats you T_T
I don't record enough...but when I do, I can say yeah, I have the same issue...

I also don't get the reference...but apparently you're in danger, baka.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well you don't have to leave...

There are other Katy Perry songs worth listening to.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
just kidding hehe...kidding....

sorry guys i like katy perry but i dont really listen to lyrics/remember them that hard/well....

Top Bottom