• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This is Fairymon/Kazemon (language dependent). She sucks, but she can make tornadoes appear around her fingertips. Which is kind of neat. And when she transforms there's often copious amounts of glitter, which is also kind of neat.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So played again vs the guy i have problem with as well as others. and i am happy to say i had the same results as last time started off most matches with a bad beginning then caught on fire and won. also i forgot to mention yesterday i pulled off a 0-death vs the guys fox which is my 1st 0-death vs a person i consider to be a legit good player. Then today I almost pulled of another 0-death vs his falco but missed my gimp :(. I am also doing pretty well against his falcon, for the falcon MU i am trying to focus on not getting grabbed like i dont care if he jumps at me or whatever as long as i avoid the grab. I think this focus in that MU is helping me win. Also i forgot to mention yesterday that against this guys fox I sdied out of fox's up air like 6 times in a row (this made me feel mad pro lol).

Also now I even got the good players i know to complain about how i play my peach and how cheap she is. at first i was getting kinda pissed over this but now i realize that i must be doing something right to get everyone so mad. So let them hate clearly i am just to good for them :)

Now here is a problem I have a tourney (well i guess its really today now after midnight) to go to tomorrow and I often get nervous and mess up in tourneys. Now to make this worst i also forgot my controller at the place were i was playing with my friends and i wont be able to get it till mon the earliest. Now i have a 2nd good controller but its not broken in the same way so that worries me as well. Anyway wish me luck hopefully i will rep peach hard.

VA

Smash Hero
Please help me with the Peach vs Sheik, Peach vs Luigi, Peach vs Doc and Peach ditto matchups! I really suck on all of those matchups as I don't have anyone to practice those matchups with. Unfortunately I don't really have any good recent videos of me playing those matchups, but any general advice would really help. Things like what should I be scared of, how should I counter their approaches/how should I approach etc would be really helpfull.

Edit: Here is the most recent set of me playing against Sheik (first 2 matches): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3oujDRZIc4 However the set isn't that good as the sheik player does SD's and loses all momentum after that. =(

Edit 2: And yeah I'm playing PAL version.
I found out that in PAL you can dsmash out of sheik's dthrow. It's hilarious.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wat
I was talking about KK/MacD/Alan's amazingnesss on page 210.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I know, that's what I mean. They took my vociferation against the song as a sign to stop singing. So you might very well have been able to join them.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I remember when these forums were amazing

and I'm upset I missed what happened on the last page too.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
well went to tourney and ****ing sucked. man using a controller u r not use to is crap and i played like crap. i figured out eventually that the problem was the joystick on the controller i was using did not go back to neutral postion as fast as my other one does. this made it so i ****ed up so many things such as quick low fc nairs, they turned into dairs. Also i couldnt chain grab b/c i could not buffer dash correctly and i am kinda mad right now. I made it to losers quarters but after playing most the people there i know if i was playing as well as i normally do i had a legit chance to get 2nd. G$ came in first and he was just clearly better then me.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think he just means when you upthrow someone, you have to dash to get them as early as possible. So I guess he's "buffering" the dash (in this case, mashing dash?) to come out as soon as the uthrow animation ends.

If you're doing it another way though, please let us know. That would be really helpful.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
no shrouded what u said i more or less right. i dont mash dash i just used the wrong term. i just have a feel for the timing of when i can hit dash to move. but b/c the stick was different it through my timing off and i missed tons of chain grabs b/c of this. (I am still kinda mad b/c of the tourney and being stupid and forgetting my good controller :()

Now i was thinking that when i was playing against g$ who wrecked me it was sort of the most fun ive had playing smash in a while. I hate to lose but i love player great players. then i realized that i dont know any truly great players who i could hang out with and play or even just go to a smash fest or something. Anyone have any idea about how to meet better players? and yes i know going to tourneys and meeting them is a option but i am unemployed right now so a cheaper idea would be welcomed.

edit: i just ant to say i am not mad when i lose, maybe a little upset b/c no one likes losing but i am not mad. I get mad when my inputs dont come out as i expect and or put them in. Like i dont mind losing as long as i lose doing what i mean to do. I even get somewhat mad when the wrong move comes out and ends up helping me in some way. So just saying not mad b/c i lost at the tourney but b/c i didnt even get to play the way i wanted to and know i can

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Most of you probably already know this, but I've been able to confirm for myself that f-tilt is good in the Falcon MU.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
:(

It's something I've been toying around with for a little while, crush. I posted it there because that was when I'd figured it out. And I just remembered today, and decided to post it here. So thanks.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Any tips for doing fast fc nairs consistently? I keep doing dairs =S I find it kind of...odd that I use Z with Peach for all of her aerials, but I don't use that button with any other characters for aerials o_O Rolling my thumb from Y -> A while simultaneously pressing down on the control stick as you should seems to yield the fastest results...but I still want to see how everyone else is doing it =P

Unless ya'll are more interested in Katy Perry...which in case, that's perfectly fine xD

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Uh....I use the claw method so FC nairs, so I'm not sure how helpful that will be. However, I can tell you that the moment that you press down on the control stick for float, that very moment that your float comes out, you have to let go of the control stick. It's kind of like a flick, almost, just enough to activate the float, but not so much so that it will be in neutral position by the time you press A.

I dunno if that makes sense or not...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
use the c-stick to FC nair

my peach was playing WAY BETTER today must be all the gayness lately :troll:

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
i use z and x for fc nairs, i can do it pretty fluidly with y and A too, but honestly you never need to do fast consistent fc nairs, peach is more about doing one thing completely laglessly into another, but very rarely into another float cancel
the main thing i hate about maining peach is there is nothing to practice, with fox or falco i can sit in my basement for an hour or so and learn an AT, with peach it's like "Well i guess I'll practice my chaingrabs. . . again"

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I agree, Mafia. Like, there's not much to know with her once you have FCs, wave dashes, and CGs down (the main things, anyways).

I guess I can see what you mean, john!, cause it seems like a lot of spacie problems early on can be solved with "more tech skill" while Peach/Puff/Sheik/Marth problems focus more on...I dunno. I don't want to say smarts, but I don't know what other word works...but it boggles me when people say, "Peach is so easy to use," and I'm like, "Yeah, when you're fighting noobs."

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
i'm inclined to agree but that's such a general statement
i mean, if you think about it, peach is the easiest character to improve with, all it takes is a little dash attack and dsmash action and you go from being a fresh beginner to a somewhat ok player

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
But is that really improving? I feel like this character is really easy to figure out (when fighting against her) if she just does the staple things all the time, while a Fox/Falco can apply pressure and be less transparent because they have speed.

But then again, just learning how to throw tech skill at everything isn't improvement, either. Perhaps the thing is that as Peach/Puff/Sheik/Marth, you do well early on because spacies are still getting into their technical shoes, if you will. But once they start making less mistakes, at probably mid/mid-high level, it becomes really hard for the "simple" characters. At least that's what I think.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Some random things I used to train with peach

- train your shield pressure mix up game with setting dummy player 2 slot with star power on in items.

-practice IASI frames

-nair oos/djc oos(but you'd prolly need a friend to help you with that)

-sweet spotting ledge

- setting falco/fox on evade and practice chain grabbing

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol nice. Since there is more start up lag on the Air version of Peach bomber, I sometimes use it just after a float and it throws people off sometimes(if they spot dodge) lol

Top Bottom