• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Up throw > Peach bomber on spacies can work maybe once every blue moon. I remember doing it once. It was sweet.

(Also, there are bats around my mouse pointer.)

(EDIT: And now they're gone?)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
its not that bad imo. the smash version of peach bomber has pretty good knockback even with DI at around 80% or so.

plus not having good knock back only encourages combos if you set up for a reverse peach bomber.

i should create a peach bomber guide for peach players that want to swag lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
its basically when peach bomber causes to send the character being hit in the other direction(to peach) there are actually a few ways to guarantee it to happen such as hitting an opponent that has just been floored and has missed the tech.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
yup. it also covers a bit more distance as well. go to Poke stadium on training mode, go to any one of the top platforms, then have peach lose her balance at either edge and test both versions in the other direction. if done correctly, the normal peach bomber will land peach at the other edge while the smash verson sends her flying just passed it lol. its a good way to gauge the distance between them imo

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
another cool thing to do with peach bomber is. if a jiggly misses a rest u can up throw a turnip and then once the turnip lands on him u can peach bomber. its not the most damaging thing u can do but it has style.

Also after u up throw the turnip u need to get on the other side of the jiggs b/c the turnip will send him away from the side it hits him on.

Wake

Smash Master
I like standing next to Jiggs and then pull turnips in hope of getting a stitch/bomb/sword, and if I don't I just Peach bomber :p It's funny.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
its basically when peach bomber causes to send the character being hit in the other direction(to peach) there are actually a few ways to guarantee it to happen such as hitting an opponent that has just been floored and has missed the tech.
your knowledge of peach bomber is too much

choknater, another example is you can only wallbomb with smash bombers, otherwise she doesn't quite make it

VA

Smash Hero
eurgh, peach bomber sucks.

How to make your peach look hot:

dtilt > FC nair

anything > FC nair

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
ah man. dat pic.
Same.

Also, I'm going to throw Peach bomber around in some friendlies, and see where it gets me. I actually remember, that I hit a Falco illusion with it once when I was trying to pull a turnip. I was very confused....

And how about dtilt > FC nair > Peach bomber?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think d-tilt > FC uair > FC nair > ??? is hotter. But I've only seen VaNz do that. And it was in a combo video.

edit:

There is not enough stun for any kind of Peach nair > peach bomber to work. D-tilt legitimately sets it up... but that's a massive waste of a d-tilt.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Oh. Okay, then.

I love dtilt > FC uairs at mid percents on Marth/Sheik.

Also: dtilt > FC uair > FC nair > dash attack > uair > reverse bair > nair? Maybe?

*off to training mode*

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
guys.

This is for swag, not tournament play.

nair is definitely the best choice, but peach bomber is a work of art.

King5280

Smash Journeyman
if we're talking swag over efficiency its toad counter all day
but what percents can you really start to chain grab each of the ffer's? and is it better to use the jc grab or her dash grab they come out on the same frame i think. I can chain grab them but i definitely could be better at it

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Made a text file with everything using AR awhile back along with some other stuff I do when CGing.

-----------------------
Falco (15%-108%)
-----------------------

***U-Throw D-Smash***
Away: 0%-31% (Must Walk)
Behind: 0%-10%

*** No DI ***
End: (Pivot=109%-111%), (Non-Pivot=108%)

*** Up-Towards DI ***
End: (JC Grab=117%-118%), (Dash Grab=109%-111%)

(U-Tilt, Turnaround U-Tilt [Up&Towards DI] Ends @ 95%), (U-Smash KOs @ 118%-150% on FD)

--------------------
Fox (21%-96%)
--------------------

***U-Throw D-Smash***
Away: 0%-26% (Must Walk)
Behind: 0%-12% (11-12 is Picky)

*** No DI ***
End: (Pivot=104%-106%), (Non-Pivot=96%)

*** Up-Towards DI ***
End: (JC Grab=108%-109%), (Dash Grab=102%)

(U-Tilt, Turnaround U-Tilt [Up&Towards DI] Ends @ 97%), (U-Smash KOs @ 112%-145% on FD)

-------------------------------
Captain Falcon (1%-77%)
-------------------------------
(Use Standing Turn-around grab for behind DI from 0%-9%)

***U-Throw D-Smash***
Away: N/A
Behind: 0%-7%

*** No DI ***
End: (Pivot=78%-79%), (Non-Pivot=69%, Turn Around Grab=77%)

*** Up-Towards DI ***
End: (JC Grab=83%-84%), (Dash Grab=78%-79%)
In short, Magus420 is God, and we should all make offerings to him daily.

It's better to use her dash grab, because you get more range, and JC grabbing takes an extra frame (for the jump cancel), if I recall correctly.

I find that it's really hard to regrab spacies before the 30s...

Wake

Smash Master
I think d-tilt > FC uair > FC nair > ??? is hotter. But I've only seen VaNz do that. And it was in a combo video.

edit:

There is not enough stun for any kind of Peach nair > peach bomber to work. D-tilt legitimately sets it up... but that's a massive waste of a d-tilt.
I started doing that after watching that combo video :)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
..............................wat.

That was amazing. Why haven't I seen that before? And more importantly...

Where...is...the...full...version?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I see...I'm in the process of watching other Peach combo vids right now...they are okay, I think...

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
It's hilarious when it works.

Also, I'm gonna mess around with that thing you posted. :p
you can catch the turnip after the djc too but it's really hard t execute. The peach player that discovered this, Ryokoyaksa even has trouble catching it consistently

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Instant DJ landing will one day replace dash canceling in all my Peach's movement, except when I want to run forward and cc down smash.

Top Bottom