• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE GOD KAIS Present MWC-E #1 " Brawl Bootcamp Lv 2" Fairfield, OH (Oct.10) RESULTS!!

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, did anybody actually like the stagelist (custom and otherwise) for this event? Perhaps I just missed it, but I didn't see any positive comments about it. It seems like the vast majority of people don't like it and would rather turn them off.

Interesting. That sounds just like the reason for why we turn off items (the real reason, not "lolol its random").
rather funny isnt it...

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I liked the stage list in singles, not so sure about doubles I think I only played one doubles match on a custom because I always struck to the stage I was more comfortable with. People just need to play them in friendlies like the original stages and give it a shot. It seems like everyone is just kind of saying they aren't good stages because it's change or unfamiliarity, but who knows.

I agree on the ledge grab rule for sure. Should be something like 25 if the game goes to time limit, and 35-40 ledge grabs in general regardless of time causes you to forfeit that game.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace

Hahaha, it may not be so easy next time :D
hilts right. ill be in the next one! :)

1: M2K:metaknight: Hey thanks for signing my tv, made me laugh when i noticed you signed over the first person who signed it. I'd really like to get some games in with you when im more in practice than 4 1/2 months of not playing.
2: Judge:metaknight: / :wolf: Sup judge, had fun playing melee with you at nopes house and had fun talking to you outisde of the arcade, i need to get some more time to chat with you MI guys.
3: Lain :popo: / :dedede: / :marth: Good stuff lain, once again, had a great time doing doubles with you at nopes house and talking to you was a blast as well.
4: Pierce :marth: watching you anhilate hilt made me feel just as bad as he was when it happened. I feel like you ***** me as well :(
5: AlphaZealot :diddy: AZ!!!!!! Sucks your match went out with hilt, i would have loved to watch that first set finish :)
5: Infern :snake: / :ike: SOOOO, about doubles???? HAHA anyway, once im back in practice ill play you in some more MM :)
7: Nope :snake: good stuff nope, ima come over more, get some more practice in, and hopefully be ready for the next tourny.
7: Champ :popo: What wacky words go with the IC's now that BOW BOW is out?
9: Sliq :bowser2: i would have liked to get some matches with you. Bowser isnt common.
9: Kel :metaknight: more nado next time.
9: Overswarm :metaknight: / :rob: OS!!! I need to MM you when im back into playing better :)
9: Y.b.M. :kirby2: 9TH??!?!! WTFH YBM? YOU BAD! jk man, watched some of your matches, good stuff.
13: Fonz :lucario: / :ganondorf: GOGO FONZ, nice placement bro.
13: Blue Rogue:wario: Really solid player, wouldnt mind getting some matches in with you sometime
13: Renegade :snake: / :ike: NASTY IKE MAN!!! you still need to sign my tv :)
13: Xisin :marth: "springfield gauntlet"
17: Lou :gw: you should have had first round. Was close man, hope to see you more.
17: Smash64 :ness2: / :snake: EDDI, we need more luigi matches :)
17: Mr.E:rob: MM
17: Rofa :metaknight: Great MK, i enjoyed watching the match vs nope.
17: Mister Eric :rob: BEEP
17: Quivo :toonlink: Hey man, if you come to springfield more often tell them to call me and ill come help you on your game against oli.
17: Capem :metaknight: 17th is still better than where i placed :) I was kinda hopeing it wasnt a sports bar btw...and im pretty sure the two guys outside were...well you know.
17: Hilt :olimar: TWIN! Yeah man its tough to keep a steady mind when something like Pierce runs you but hey, what are groupies for? :) thanks for curing those fckin ghosts.
25: Cr4sh :luigi2: OMG!!! You sir are my new highfive buddy. I srsly cant tell you the last time i had that great of a highfive. The BEST part about it was we both had imense amounts of fun and didnt expect to hit eachother that hard LOLOLOL. "YEAH WE ARE CHILDREN NOW!!!!"
25: King Beef :peach: ugh peach xD i want some matches when im in shape again.
25: Argentstew :lucario: I lold at your shout to me, but i dont blame you, MK is great against oli, but be carefull, i have the option to play an mk when i feel like going to play him :\
25: Sil :rob: WHOA, way to leave me at home and josh having to pick me up. OWELL. you guys did great in teams, glad you had fun, and thanks for the pop and pringles broseph.
25: Sneaky Tako :rob: SNEAKY!!! good seeing you again, we'll get some matches in next tournie we're both at.
25: King Yoshi :pikachu2: sup king yoshi, havent seen you in awhile but im glad you stuck to Oika instead of going mk :)
25: Wakka :diddy: thanks a ton for the lift there and back, i know venue fee was a pain, i really wasnt expecting to have to pay it cause you know, but ill get you that 5 back here soon. once again, thanks.
25: Notra:falco: ??
33: Arc :pit: i had soo much fun playing against you. you play way differently than any pit ive ever faced. either way, great matches.
33: Tyr :lucas: i think ima have to play TL against you from now on ;) watching you on the Customs was too funny.
33: Jiffyboob :ness2:??
33: Dr. X :pit: yo dawg did you get home fine?
33: Framerate :jigglypuff: "I dont know why im standing over here, i didnt enter" and "I come for the atmosphere, people like you Frame, you sexy motherfckr"
33: Nicalobe :yoshi2: BLOWSHI, ITS A BABY THROWING FIGHT, SOMEONE CALL CHILDRENS SERVICES.
33: The Great Muldini :snake:???
33: Fizzleboy :lucario:great to see you again fizzle, you and i will have to play here soon :)
41: Solecalibur :zerosuitsamus:???
41: Exile :lucario: / :lucas:???
41: Baro i did not get to play you any but i did enjoy the pringles joke :)
41: May-ling :pit:
41: Sai :diddy: sup sai, glad to see you still play the kong, we should play soon :)
41: Airborne :yoshi2: see nicalobes shout, without the blowshi part :)
41: WTP???
41: Suyon :pit: Hey suyon, i know you wanted a rematch with me since Champs but unfortunatley saturday wouldnt have been a good showcase for me, so next time we meet, we can play k?
49: Clowsui:marth: i srsly havent played in months and beat you? jk man, you did do some dumb things, and i can tell you were sick so you werent thinking straight. Keep it up man, i can tell youre improving.
49: Mr. J ???
49: Mike B :shiek: / :zelda: / :jigglypuff: / :peach: ???
49: Steel Samurai :marth: i wanted to play you after hilt played you, but i honestly dont know how i would have done :\
49: Today :gw: ???
49: Calic :pikachu2: sup calic, how you been?
49: Lunar :olimar: good to see another olimar on the scene, i was afraid it'd be me and hilt for forever.
49: Kassandra :lucas: / :metaknight: ???
57: Metaflair :pt: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
57: Rage :metaknight: had some fun matches with you. You could use some more mix ups tho, and MK is just the person who has too many.
57: D-day ???
57: Kregs ???
57: Shy Guy ???

TO EVERYONE WHO DID NOT SIGN MY TV, IF I AM AT THE EVENT, GET ON IT.

Also, i had way too much fun at this tournie to have any johns about not coming back, so expect to see me and be playing the next time you see me.

To everyone who placed, grats, and to M2K, you made me laugh and suprised me more than i can explain.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I agree with Fonz's view; post what you think of the custom stages based on your character and leave it at that, it'll help a lot.
Custom Stages for Olimar:

Libra: In my opinion, FD was the best of the original starters for Olimar, except for Halberd, and maybe Pokemon Stadium. Libra for Olimar plays almost exactly the same way, except for two things.

The pikmin pluck percentages for Olimar here are 23/23/23/20/10, meaning there's an increase in whites in exchange for a decrease in purples. Most people consider this to be somewhat bad, with purple pikmin being the favorite of most people (next to yellow), but whites are good for matchups where I have to camp a lot more outside of a close-mid range, considering the whites die fast and i'm able to trade them for others that i pluck easily, and pluck dash all i want.

The high ceiling hurts Olimar a bit, but not too much. It's not as bad as japes so it isn't as big of a blow as it could be. The close side blast zones help a tone though, so it evens out.

Actually, for Olimar the stage is pretty much a neutral version of Pictochat. Picto has the same pluck percentages, and similar blast zones. I love picto chat and use it against character that have problems dealing with pikmin on them, or have to put themself in a difficult position to get them off, because with whites you HAVE to get them off, or you take 6 damage every 30 frames (undiminished). So, this gives me the options of Pictochat as a neutral, basically.

However, I wasn't exaggerating when I said it played a lot like FD for Olimar. The mercy platforms on the right don't benefit our recovery much at all, and the top platform isn't used much at all either. Which I'm not complaining about, I'm fine with it and know other characters may use those more than I will.

Here's a video of me facing Quivo on Libra. Take what you want from it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4MtPy6Q0co

I'll upload more videos of me playing on the custom stages sometime.

Equity: This stage gave me what I've always wanted. The perfect pluck percentage, 20/30/20/10/20, meaning an increase in Yellows and Purples. Before this I've only found this percentage on Frigate and the metal bars on Stadium 1. Oh, and other stages like Big Blue but those don't matter >.>

However, the side platforms do not help Olimar, and put him at a bad spot if I'm to land on them, actually. And my opponent using them against Olimar actually works really well. So I guess it balances it out, a good thing and a bad thing. There isn't much room for me to run around, which is important for Olimar. And the platforms actually tend to get in the way, since if I end up forced to land on the platforms I'm in an awkward spot. The pluck percentage isn't really enough to save the stage for Olimar, but it's not TOO terrible, per se. 2/5 if I were to rate it for my character.

Abyss: Oh god, abyss. The slant is so good for Olimar's grabs. And I'm able to camp with them all day, more than i can on any stage, by forcing my opponent to come at me at awkward angles while my grabs will travel up or down them however I want. Throwing pikmin up and down the slant isn't good on this stage, like it is on pipes (it's pretty amazing on pipes), and if my opponent and i are standing on opposite sides of the stage, under the platforms, the platforms actually shield them from my pikmin toss. I have to throw them from the center after a jump. Abyss has the same pluck percentage as Libra, which doesn't fit for this stage as much. But it's alright. I'd much rather have Equity's percentage though haha.

I didn't pick the stage too much at all, actually, I think I only did against Infern, and he's enough better than me to where it didn't matter all too much :/ I'll be picking it a lot more at the next circuit event and getting ready on it beforehand.

Also, just so I said it, I like the custom stages alright but I LOVE the idea of using them. I think that if we do end up implementing custom stages into the standard ruleset, I don't think these would be the ones, but as I said before, the idea of using custom stages in tournament play DEFINITELY should be explored moreso. I'll be messing around with them as well and see what ideas I can come up with.

What's The Point

Smash Master
No one is going to bring proof that the custom stages are broken because they aren't. Sure, Equity is good for MK, but it's not game breaking.

The thing is many don't see the reason for adding the stages. Brawl already has universally accepted neutral and counterpick stages (Some regions add to the counterpicks, and LC/PS1 keep trading) built in. The only reason is because OS can, when most would only want it if there was a distinct need for it, i.e. only four neutrals. The FD isn't neutral argument was close, if LC or PS1 were also to be considered a counterpick, since it would have left us with four. Though instead both were counted as neutral and two unneeded customs were added.

solecalibur

Smash Master
^^ hilt has way to much knowledge of olimar... im gonna get scared in brackets if I end up seeing you this weekend >.>

Also OS I suggest we get rid of doubles for custom stages because when you spawn at jab range it just depends who has the fastest attack gets the first hit unless you know how to set the spawn points without adding homebrew channel to every wii

41: Solecalibur - Didn't mean to snap at ya... I kinda get that way when I get too tired...
Its no problem I really dont consider that snapping

41: Solecalibur :zerosuitsamus: Fun Dittos... Zero Suit Samus is my baby. So she's cheating on you and she's coming with me....
She can cheat on me all she wants I have her saturday nights

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also OS I suggest we get rid of doubles for custom stages because when you spawn at jab range it just depends who has the fastest attack gets the first hit unless you know how to set the spawn points without adding homebrew channel to every wii
I can set the spawn locations, but for some reason SOME of the customs ahd you spawn next to each other and others don't. They all came from the same SD card. While I don't mind the spawning close, I DO mind it when it is unintended and on a stage like Equity. Removing the stages from doubles is a strong possibility, and I'm asking around about that now while trying to find out what others think.

I liked Libra for doubles a lot, but Equity felt a lot like a counterpick. I am strongly considering moving the stages straight to counterpick based solely on the starting position glitch. I don't think the stages themselves are too bad for doubles inherently, but I feel Equity at least is more of a CP for doubles; it is incredibly difficult to control the stage with many characters, which makes it an auto-strikefor many combinations (including any team with a snake on it!).

Thoughts?

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace

Custom Stages for Olimar:

The pikmin pluck percentages for Olimar here are 23/23/23/20/10, meaning there's an increase in whites in exchange for a decrease in purples. Most people consider this to be somewhat bad, with purple pikmin being the favorite of most people (next to yellow), but whites are good for matchups where I have to camp a lot more outside of a close-mid range, considering the whites die fast and i'm able to trade them for others that i pluck easily, and pluck dash all i want.

Actually, for Olimar the stage is pretty much a neutral version of PictoChat. Picto has the same pluck percentages, and similar blast zones. I love picto chat and use it against character that have problems dealing with pikmin on them, or have to put themself in a difficult position to get them off, because with whites you HAVE to get them off, or you take 6 damage every 30 frames (undiminished). So, this gives me the options of Pictochat as a neutral, basically.
for sakes of me not playing on the customs im going to go ahead and say , "i agree with hilt 100%" and that his like for picto chat was caused by me. HUZZAH STEALING YO THUNDAH!

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Overswarm, I believe Equity should just be removed from doubles due to the size. it's VERY small and basically is a chaos fight the entire game. A lot of teams benefit in the choas, and even as a counterpick I think it would be to much of an advantage for some teams. Just my thoughts there.

Also as far as Libra goes, I suggest removing the platforms under the stage, and lowering the center platform, and many that I talked to think the sides are too small and should be wider, but that doesn't necessarily bother me. Just some suggestions.

Lunar2

Smash Rookie
for sakes of me not playing on the customs im going to go ahead and say , "i agree with hilt 100%" and that his like for picto chat was caused by me. HUZZAH STEALING YO THUNDAH!
I also pretty much agree with Hilt's opinion on the customs...although I learned that Abyss can be a very hit-or-miss map for Olimar. I went in thinking he'd be one of the best there, and came out thinking "I need to be very careful who I take here". Kinda like how I've learned not to take Snakes to Yoshi's Island (Pipes).

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I don't have as much of an issue with the custom stages as I do with having Green Greens on as a CP.

Airborne

Smash Lord
i don't really see any of the custom stages as a problem, due to yoshi being able to use any cp stage, depending on the character... but i'm working with most of the other characters to learn more about them, so i can mess around on them some more. =P

also, OS, check my consideration for libra a couple pages back, please. =)

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I keep finding or seeing things that are wrong with these custom stages... More or less with Libra... The one with the moving platforms that go underneath the stage... I keep getting the names confused... :/ Those platforms mess with recoveries (ESPECIALLY tethers) and can cause some seriously janky stuff to happen... Not to mention it aids planking since it makes the edge so much easier to abuse...

IMO, the stage is fine without those platforms... Whatever they were put there for cause more problems than they were supposed to solve (yet they still don't solve the initial problems that were supposed to be addressed)...

As for character specifics, I think they're both good Lucario stages... I was johning about how I tripped endlessly on one of them though... :laugh: Anyway, Equity seems like a good stage for us in matchups where we can get outspammed... Fonz said Libra has short blast zones... Those are good for us, aren't they?

Playing on the stages doesn't feel very different to me... Still, my opinion is get rid of them...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't have as much of an issue with the custom stages as I do with having Green Greens on as a CP.

Infern's the one that put it on =P

But really...

Make a video!

Seriously, not a single person has decided to take the actual steps that will have me remove a stage from the list. It's not nearly as hard as it sounds; just show a video showing how the stage is unfit for competitive play. If you can't make a video, find someone who can or find youtube matches on the stage and then write me up something about it. You can post it in bus city.

I've given an avenue that people who normally complain can now be productive. USE IT!

For those giving custom stage input:

I'm listening, but please be specific and don't just make **** up. If you say "well MK can just go below the stage with his 5 jumps and wait to plank" and have no evidence, don't say it. If you say "Libra is bad for tethers", and end it at that, don't say it. Hilt gave me one of the most informative posts here; Fonz did an excellent job as well. Go in that direction!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Shugo's AWAL and I just beat Blue Rogue again, and that's your elite. This in the same tournament that... I lost to Infern... and Kel lost to Nope....

if Smashfield and God Kais can step it up that much, NEOH better go super saiyan!
Yeah that's true. Hopefully Inui logic doesn't apply here though. xD

I know me and Argent are solid, but he tends to choke at regionals from what I hear and I'm not sure what my case is...maybe it's that I try to solo it with Peach and she just isn't cutting it, but I might take up Marth and Snake to deal with that issue. Let's not forget about Beegs either, the guy is crazy good when he gets momentum going.

There's hope. :3

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Yeah that's true. Hopefully Inui logic doesn't apply here though. xD

I know me and Argent are solid, but he tends to choke at regionals from what I hear and I'm not sure what my case is...maybe it's that I try to solo it with Peach and she just isn't cutting it, but I might take up Marth and Snake to deal with that issue. Let's not forget about Beegs either, the guy is crazy good when he gets momentum going.

There's hope. :3
Keep improving; turnip anywhere and always.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Keep improving; turnip anywhere and always.
What if they're right next to you and you turnip pull? ****.

Nah, I hear ya. I'll keep at it, but definitely no more solo Peach. I'm no Simna/Ness or Taj/Mewtwo prodigy and I should stop trying to be. xD

Nope

Smash Lord
you can only get better with your character by going and playing in high level tournaments. The more tournaments you go to the better off you will be, don't just resort to another character immediately but work on your bad match-ups and be ready for them next time.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Beef and rogue IS (take that OS) starting to get into things. I see them going up as they go to more, but they are definitely traveling more.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Blue Rogue just needs more experience playing OoS players is all. He's got the talent, but he's just taking it the hard way instead of the easy way.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Make a video!

Seriously, not a single person has decided to take the actual steps that will have me remove a stage from the list. It's not nearly as hard as it sounds; just show a video showing how the stage is unfit for competitive play. If you can't make a video, find someone who can or find youtube matches on the stage and then write me up something about it. You can post it in bus city.

I've given an avenue that people who normally complain can now be productive. USE IT!
Really? Do you really need a video to show that GG is not a competitive stage? There's nothing broken about the stage and it doesn't really give any specific char a huge advantage, but it's NOT a competitive stage. Brinstar, RC, and Japes are generally not fun, but they add a strategic element to the game. What strategic element does GG or Port town add? The random hazards clearly diminish competitiveness D:

But I also want to add that random hazards shouldn't be a criteria for autoban. Halbred and Pictochat have hazards that are kinda random but these stages have strategic value. What strategic value does GG or Port town have?

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
Really? Do you really need a video to show that GG is not a competitive stage? There's nothing broken about the stage and it doesn't really give any specific char a huge advantage, but it's NOT a competitive stage. Brinstar, RC, and Japes are generally not fun, but they add a strategic element to the game. What strategic element does GG or Port town add? The random hazards clearly diminish competitiveness D:

But I also want to add that random hazards shouldn't be a criteria for autoban. Halbred and Pictochat have hazards that are kinda random but these stages have strategic value. What strategic value does GG or Port town have?
Agreed Sneaky

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
What if they're right next to you and you turnip pull? ****.

Nah, I hear ya. I'll keep at it, but definitely no more solo Peach. I'm no Simna/Ness or Taj/Mewtwo prodigy and I should stop trying to be. xD
Well what I'm saying is: Calculate how much time you have to pull, and do it every time the opponent can't get to you in that amount of time... then, PULL PULL PULL ;)

I never saw you play... but do you glidetoss turnips into the air? It's a good idea to hide behind falling turnips

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
For those giving custom stage input:

I'm listening, but please be specific and don't just make **** up. If you say "well MK can just go below the stage with his 5 jumps and wait to plank" and have no evidence, don't say it. If you say "Libra is bad for tethers", and end it at that, don't say it. Hilt gave me one of the most informative posts here; Fonz did an excellent job as well. Go in that direction!
OK... I'll give more input when I have more time... :/

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
you can only get better with your character by going and playing in high level tournaments. The more tournaments you go to the better off you will be, don't just resort to another character immediately but work on your bad match-ups and be ready for them next time.
Oh no, that's not really the case lol. I'll definitely be working on my personal tougher matchups with Peach (Snake and campy MKs especially), but I've been interested in taking up another character for some time now. Marth is what I'm interested in the most right now, but Snake is a close second. That's all it is lol.

@ Mike B- yeah I do all kinds of **** with Peach haha. It's a "go with the flow" kind of thing with her, while I focus most of my attention on what my opponent is doing. I'm totally reactionary until I'm able to string something together, but I guess that's Brawl in general lol.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why people who don't like the idea of custom stages should have to make a video to show why the stages don't work...

personally I'd like to see a video showing us why the hell we even need to implement the custom stages...because I am pretty sure this is the first tourney where I have had anything to say about the stage list...and I am sure I'm not alone on that one.

The way I see it, if its not broke, don't fix it. Our stage list was fine, so why try to FORCE stages into the list.

Considering this effects the WHOLE COMMUNITY why not take a vote on the stages? a simple yes or no vote...no explanation needed...just a vote. Remember, the community is what makes our tourneys great, and if majority of the community is unhappy with the stages then I think we have a right to have a say in it...you may be running the circuit OS but its the community that makes the circuit.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I can cancel the circuit if you prefer.

Or, you can make a video documenting what you think is wrong with the stage. If your reasoning is "its gay and I don't like it!", that's not a reason.

If you don't like a stage list, don't come.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I can cancel the circuit if you prefer.

Or, you can make a video documenting what you think is wrong with the stage. If your reasoning is "its gay and I don't like it!", that's not a reason.

If you don't like a stage list, don't come.
personally I'd like to see a video showing us why the hell we even need to implement the custom stages...
The way I see it, if its not broke, don't fix it. Our stage list was fine, so why try to FORCE stages into the list.
Remember, the community is what makes our tourneys great, and if majority of the community is unhappy with the stages then I think we have a right to have a say in it...you may be running the circuit OS but its the community that makes the circuit.
*facepalm*

What's The Point

Smash Master
But your reason of "because I can" isn't better. The built in stages have all we need for stages.

Also, general shout out to God Kais and King Yoshi because that was a kick *** tourney. And Springfield for the housing and their general success at the tourney.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Libra is bad for tethers because as you're tethering you can be forced to stand on the moving platform beneath you, moving you closer to the stage making it so people can hit you with moves (like Lucas's Dsmash) that you could otherwise avoid by withdrawing your tether and grabbing invincibility frames. It's actually really annoying. Argent probably thought this was self explanatory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PafFo1pTVZ4 < reason #1 why Green Greens should be banned

There are multiple videos of this glitch with varying sizes of hitbox. Obviously if this glitch occurs in a tournament match it's going to test something entirely different than who is the better brawler. Especially since it's something that's very difficult to duplicate on command meaning it's more or less random. Were this to occur it could encourage an unstoppable form of camping against many characters.

reason #2 - Snake gets an autowin unless you go Dedede. Need I say more? It doesn't encourage competitiveness. Just...being Snake or Dedede...

It's stupid that we have to prove to you why a stage should be banned while your entire argument is "why not?" You haven't said a word on why certain stages should be on at all. Why aren't we adding PTAD if we have Green Greens? Hell, why not Hanenbow? What criteria do those stages meet to you that Green Greens doesn't?

The only reason we have to put up with this is because you're Overswarm and despite the fact that you do very little aside from creating rules, talking to TO's and getting them to say they're in your circuit, everyone listens to whatever stupid things you say about stages. Your only power in this rests on the fact that we're all too lazy to run a **** circuit ourselves.

You're clearly not interested in the interests of the majority or even the elite competitive players of the region. You haven't proven to me at all that you're interested in a fair competitive environment despite your claim. I don't feel like you're doing the best thing for the midwest community at all. If anyone has anything to prove, it's you to us.

Anyone can run this circuit. It's not exactly brain surgery. There have already been errors and there's only been on tournament...

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Libra is bad for tethers because as you're tethering you can be forced to stand on the moving platform beneath you, moving you closer to the stage making it so people can hit you with moves (like Lucas's Dsmash) that you could otherwise avoid by withdrawing your tether and grabbing invincibility frames. It's actually really annoying. Argent probably thought this was self explanatory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PafFo1pTVZ4 < reason #1 why Green Greens should be banned

There are multiple videos of this glitch with varying sizes of hitbox. Obviously if this glitch occurs in a tournament match it's going to test something entirely different than who is the better brawler. Especially since it's something that's very difficult to duplicate on command meaning it's more or less random. Were this to occur it could encourage an unstoppable form of camping against many characters.

reason #2 - Snake gets an autowin unless you go Dedede. Need I say more? It doesn't encourage competitiveness. Just...being Snake or Dedede...

It's stupid that we have to prove to you why a stage should be banned while your entire argument is "why not?" You haven't said a word on why certain stages should be on at all. Why aren't we adding PTAD if we have Green Greens? Hell, why not Hanenbow? What criteria do those stages meet to you that Green Greens doesn't?

The only reason we have to put up with this is because you're Overswarm and despite the fact that you do very little aside from creating rules, talking to TO's and getting them to say they're in your circuit, everyone listens to whatever stupid things you say about stages. Your only power in this rests on the fact that we're all too lazy to run a **** circuit ourselves.

You're clearly not interested in the interests of the majority or even the elite competitive players of the region. You haven't proven to me at all that you're interested in a fair competitive environment despite your claim. I don't feel like you're doing the best thing for the midwest community at all. If anyone has anything to prove, it's you to us.

Anyone can run this circuit. It's not exactly brain surgery. There have already been errors and there's only been on tournament...
*clap* *clap*

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Simple voting is exactly what's ruined standard competitive Pokémon. :mad:

Oh, and as far as Green Greens is concerned: I'm not exactly the biggest fan of this stage either but many other stages have stupid-*** glitches that are potentially match-ruining as well. You can fall through the floor when Frigate Orpheon flips or Castle Siege transforms, blagh blagh blagh.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Are you sure you're actually forced to stay on the platform beneath you? Because you can grab the ledge. Also, why does a stage being bad for tethers make it a bad stage in general?

This has yet to occur in tournament anywhere.

I have not seen this in tournament; wouldn't every Snake and D3 player have every set 1-2 at worst if this were the case? I know Green Greens is a bad stage for many characters that normally only have good stages (like MK), and I know it's a good stage for Snake (decent for D3 unless he can CG people), but I have not seen this to be an autowin in any sense of the word.

PTAD is an option. Green Greens was a stage for this event because Infern wanted it on; believe it or not, I limited Infern's stage selection. Hanenbow was removed due to circle camping properties; you literally can't touch certain characters on this stage, and running out the timer is the number one best option.

Then you better consider following the procedure I put in place rather than just complaining on a forum.

Despite all of the whining and crying, not a single person has stepped up the plate to do anything constructive. Despite all the *****ing and complaining, everyone still showed up to the tournament.

If you want a stage removed, prove to me it is broken. Removing stages merely because "that's gay" does not a competitive game make. I don't care what you like or don't like, nor will I ever. I care about what is broken and what is not. If something is broken, prove it in a video or go win a bunch of money in tournament play. If Infern came in and beat everyone on Green Greens with no problems, hell yeah it'd raise a flag. He didn't. He used it against me because it's a bad MK stage.

Seriously, you can ***** all day and you get one of two conclusions:

1. I just say "alright, fine" and stop doing the circuit and you don't have one

2. I say "meh" and ignore you

Your only option to change things in the circuit have been laid out for you.

Top Bottom