• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE GOD KAIS Present MWC-E #1 " Brawl Bootcamp Lv 2" Fairfield, OH (Oct.10) RESULTS!!

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
lol a win is a win, i'll grant you that but next time it'll be completely different. i said i'd win because i played falco but i decided to go marth because it was basically my last pools match (jason afterwards lol) and i wanted to play marth. i'd already beaten you by a fair margin on the neutral w/ falco and i wanted to try it with marth. a win is a win...but i'm telling you right now you'd better step your game up if you expect to beat me lol, it's not happening next time if you're anywhere close to the same level you are now.
This seems vaguely familiar. It's almost like he was talking to me. Oh well, looks like you have a goal on your hands Sole, better hit the Hyperbolic Time Chamber hehehehehe.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yi- means falco can't camp. Laggy phantasms, and the tilting platform = blocked lasers
Libra- like u said it's already hard enough to kill
equity- way too small.
Ps1- not bad but the changes nvr help, so more negative than good.
Battlefield- good
lylat- laggy phantasms, bad lazers
smashville- good

overall libra is not a replacement for fd. Had there been one more good as opposed to bad I'd have no problem

being more negatively bad then fair lvls isnt good. Means if the opponent knows ur style I don't get to play on battlefield smashville. The only lvls putting a campy falco at an even advantage/ disadvantage.
What would a proposed change be?

Adding in FD and removing the other stages would mean Falco would always get a good stage to start on, which is just the opposite version of your current problem, so that wouldn't be a solution.

To clarify where you're coming from, what stage do you think would be the most fair starting stage in general for Falco? A stage that isn't good for Falco, but isn't bad either? From what I can see, the best stage for that description is either Battlefield or PS1. BF isn't as long as a Falco would like, but is still okay, and PS1 is perfect for Falco but transforms into stages that aren't that great for Falco overall, so it kind of balances it in the sense of half the time it's perfect and the other half it's awful.

I don't know whether you'd prefer Lylat, YI, or Libra, but from what I can see a perfect striking system where both players strike solely based on Falco's performance, a Falco would end up on whichever stage he wanted out of those three. My own personal choice in the matter would be Libra, as the plats help Falco recover slightly and remove his vulnerability to planking and the stage is good for laser camping. It'd be difficult to kill off the top comparitively, but Falco's f-smash and bair should be able to do the trick since the side blast zones are closer to the edge than they are on other stages.

I don't like YI much myself for Falco either. It's not a bad Falco stage, but it's pretty **** annoying to have to take into account the slope and always get the perfect phantasm cancel so you don't get lag, so I'd consider it in the negative category myself as well.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
why yes. it's natsuo and youji. I've had the same avatar for like, a year XD
Yay! Okies! It's been awhile since I've read Loveless. Ritsuka is my personal favorite character. But I love Natsuo and Youji as a couple more than I like Soubi and Ritsuka as a couple...

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
Yi- means falco can't camp. Laggy phantasms, and the tilting platform = blocked lasers
Libra- like u said it's already hard enough to kill
equity- way too small.
Ps1- not bad but the changes nvr help, so more negative than good.
Battlefield- good
lylat- laggy phantasms, bad lazers
smashville- good

overall libra is not a replacement for fd. Had there been one more good as opposed to bad I'd have no problem

being more negatively bad then fair lvls isnt good. Means if the opponent knows ur style I don't get to play on battlefield smashville. The only lvls putting a campy falco at an even advantage/ disadvantage.

Notra there are too many awful stages for Falco =( this is why i dont play him much anymore im tired of losing to a stage and not a good player =(

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That Misa cosplay was hot, just sayin.

I told you at the tourney, but I don't think you heard me through all of the noise there. ^.^;

Notra

Smash Ace
What would a proposed change be?

Adding in FD and removing the other stages would mean Falco would always get a good stage to start on, which is just the opposite version of your current problem, so that wouldn't be a solution.

To clarify where you're coming from, what stage do you think would be the most fair starting stage in general for Falco? A stage that isn't good for Falco, but isn't bad either? From what I can see, the best stage for that description is either Battlefield or PS1. BF isn't as long as a Falco would like, but is still okay, and PS1 is perfect for Falco but transforms into stages that aren't that great for Falco overall, so it kind of balances it in the sense of half the time it's perfect and the other half it's awful.

I don't know whether you'd prefer Lylat, YI, or Libra, but from what I can see a perfect striking system where both players strike solely based on Falco's performance, a Falco would end up on whichever stage he wanted out of those three. My own personal choice in the matter would be Libra, as the plats help Falco recover slightly and remove his vulnerability to planking and the stage is good for laser camping. It'd be difficult to kill off the top comparitively, but Falco's f-smash and bair should be able to do the trick since the side blast zones are closer to the edge than they are on other stages.

I don't like YI much myself for Falco either. It's not a bad Falco stage, but it's pretty **** annoying to have to take into account the slope and always get the perfect phantasm cancel so you don't get lag, so I'd consider it in the negative category myself as well.
I can agree battlefield is prob the most fair. I dunno prob pokemob too seeing how most chars don't like the changes. I dunno maybe losing both new levels and keeping fd out.

As for libra helping vs planking, I'm not sure. The problem is falcos lack of diag down range/ off stage game. Which don't think can be fixed by a stage.

It mat not be the best suggestion but I'd rather just lose fd. Then lose it and gain 2 bad stages.

What do other char mains think? Falcos probs obviously aren't enough to change anything.

Count

Smash Champion
I have the nintendo character monopoly ..I will bring it to a tourney sometime :)

Interesting results at this..can't wait to get to a tourney with everyone again.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wait, count, did you visit the venue or something? Fml if you did and I didn't catch you to play. xD

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Finally, a moment to do some shout-outs...

1: M2K - Grats on winning! Don't pull anymore of that "they're all the same to me so let's just do random" crap on me anymore... They're not the same to me as you could see... :laugh:

Judge/Lain - I never talk to you Michigan guys... :/

4: Pierce - If I played you, I'd have sent you packing to NJ like I did Keitaro... :laugh: OK, so it wasn't like that, but I still beat him...

9: Overswarm - Your custom stages are stupid...I mean hi...

9: Y.b.M. - I definitely don't think I was good company... And I knew I was going to fail at one point... It just came later than I expected... Regionals hate me... I was ready to beat you this time too...

13: Fonz - I knew playing you wasn't going to be easy, I just really wanted to play Y.b.M... I hate Lucario dittos... I was feeling good when I saw you were playing Snake, but I lost confidence in myself once it became a ditto... Still, I know my MK is better than that though... I don't care how much you play Capem... :p

13: Blue Rogue - I should have mentioned regional tourneys are epic fail for me... :(

17: Lou - It's amazing how much a little confidence does for me, isn't it?

17: Smash64 - Thanks for housing us!

17: Mr.E - I hope you didn't take my reaction the wrong way... I was really upset that I couldn't win a single set in brackets (both winnable for me and both when I was up 1-0)... I'm really tired of failing at regionals...

17: Mister Eric - Excuse me, sir, do you have the time?

17: Quivo - Good to see you again...

17: Hilt - I won the "avoid the Olimar" game for once... :laugh:

25: King Beef - I beat myself again... I just can't win Lucario dittos...

25: Argentstew - Epic failure...again...

25: Sil - I'm not afraid of Smashfield... I've won a set against all of them aside from Nope and Fonz...I think?

25: King Yoshi - Thanks for helping me out with those cops... You think they had nothing better to do than bug me? :laugh:

33: Arc - Not a bad Pit...

33: Jiffyboob - Thank you again for relieving me of my driving duties for once... The Browns suck... Buffalo gave that game to us...

Tyr/Framerate - Good stuff, guys... Fun friendlies...

33: Fizzleboy - I know you don't drown in pools... C'mon now... :(

41: Solecalibur - Didn't mean to snap at ya... I kinda get that way when I get too tired...

41: Suyon - You're a really good player... We need to give ourselves more credit... :/

49: Clowsui - I know the Marth matchup well... Falco, too, I guess...

49: Steel Samurai - I've been dying to ask you about your name... Do you know you have your own theme song? :p

57: Metaflair - PT dittos sometime!

Sin - I did pick up MK partially for Olimar... I will admit it...

Nope - Thanks for letting us stay at your place too!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I can agree battlefield is prob the most fair. I dunno prob pokemob too seeing how most chars don't like the changes. I dunno maybe losing both new levels and keeping fd out.
I'm definitely going to keep two custom stages as starters for the entire circuit (although they may be some changes like increasing/decreasing height or size), but I agree that the starter list without FD is pretty fair for Falco. Not too good, not too bad.

As for libra helping vs planking, I'm not sure. The problem is falcos lack of diag down range/ off stage game. Which don't think can be fixed by a stage.
When the platform comes out you can actually run off and land on the platform (or dair to it). You can also run off and bair them against the wall!

It mat not be the best suggestion but I'd rather just lose fd. Then lose it and gain 2 bad stages.

What do other char mains think? Falcos probs obviously aren't enough to change anything.
Every character counts for something. You play a good character too, so it will be affected more often than others!

The thing about custom stages is that they can change over time! If it turns out that Falco will end up on Libra and Libra doesn't work out for Falco because the ceiling is too high, the ceiling could be lowered if this, overall, would be a good decision. Maybe the ceiling is too high on Libra, and you're the first person to catch on!

Input on custom stages that is actually beneficial (i.e., not just *****ing) is always helpful. If anyone else found that they always started on a bad/good stage, let me know!

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
correct me if im wrong OS but wasnt FD in melee? some characters have to be better there than others? Soo0o0o0o0o0o why are we taking it off our starters?? im a melee noob but please enlighten me.
Personal opinion cuz i do play Falco OS Libra is lame bc of the ******** high blast zone granted we Birds take ppl to japes but we all know why lol (water duh!) YI SUX OS plat eats lasers so dont shy guys and the curvey ground is super g@y for over B. Quite Honestly the new maps help ur characters OS the new CP one is nasty for RoB equity is Nasty for MKs and libras ceiling doesnt matter cuz u play MK who only kills to the left and right.

exiled0ne

Smash Rookie
Alright everyone, there's a need to clarify XD. I dropped Jiggs a while back, but never got around to switching my profile. I will at some point.
And though some of you may be sad to hear it (Some glad I'm sure) I'm leaving my good friend Lucario behind for a new main. He and I must part ways, and as sad as it is there's always better things to come. You'll all see the new main at the next circuit, I'll be there!
And I don't have time for a ton of shoutouts, but
Infern, it was great to see you again as always! I can't wait to show you the new main and hopefully give your Snake a challenge.
Y.b.M: You just wait, I got your round 2 covered next time, it's only an hour and a half drive when I'm practiced up haha.
Metaflair, I'm looking forward to seeing you the 24th, those Pokemon confuse the **** out of me sometimes x.x.
Eric: I have a feeling you'll be impressed the next time you see me. I'll be working for the next 2 weeks on it.
Everyone in my pool(Sorry can't remember everyone): Thank you all so much for the experience I definitely needed it to see the light on Lucario, great matches and I'll redeem myself in the next circuit!
All the God Kais: I better see you the 24th!! It's not a long drive, and you know you can't resist the urge to ATTEMPT to get that 1st place cash. :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
correct me if im wrong OS but wasnt FD in melee? some characters have to be better there than others? Soo0o0o0o0o0o why are we taking it off our starters?? im a melee noob but please enlighten me.
Personal opinion cuz i do play Falco OS Libra is lame bc of the ******** high blast zone granted we Birds take ppl to japes but we all know why lol (water duh!) YI SUX OS plat eats lasers so dont shy guys and the curvey ground is super g@y for over B. Quite Honestly the new maps help ur characters OS the new CP one is nasty for RoB equity is Nasty for MKs and libras ceiling doesnt matter cuz u play MK who only kills to the left and right.
I get most of my kills in the hard matchups with Up+b OoS. The day I MK ditto on Libra and can't kill with Up+b OoS is the day I lose an MK ditto =P

In Melee, each "starter" stage had different properties. FD was chain grab city, Yoshi's Island was super small and had Randall, Dream Land 64 had higher platforms and much larger stage boundries, PS1 had a shorter ceiling and slightly longer sides along with transformations, FoD had a small stage with a very low bottom blast zone and moving plats, BF had plats that were lower enough to tipper through.

In short, the complaint of "the ceiling is too high" you have for Libra wasn't a complaint in Melee, but more of a statement. Fox players had to catch people in the air with u-airs, get more shine gimps, or edgeguard properly to get kills on DL64. Many Foxes made up for it by laser camping more since the stage allowed it, and continued to kill vertically. That kinda thing.

Brawl stages all have the exact same blast zones. The % only change based on the position of the characters in relation to the blast zones, which is determined by the location of the platforms.

The end goal is to create a fair starter list, and custom stages can help that. The starters we have now probably aren't perfect, so changes can be made, but simply saying "ceiling is too high, I want to kill the exact same way I did on other stages" doesn't quite do it. If it turns out Libra is middle of the line for Falco, that's okay in my book.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
1: M2K - I didn't really talk or play you, guess you were busy with everyone else, haha.
2: Judget - I don't think we've played since Kahoka... we definitely need to sometime.
3: Lain - crap >.> I forgot to give you that money @_@ I'll give it to you
4: Pierce - Haha, havent gotten ***** like that in a long time, gotta say. Good **** with fourth place though.
5: AlphaZealot That third game was brutal @_@ After the spike my morale instantly disappeared lol.
5: Infern - Best snake in ohio. Good tournament, man. Glad we were able to get it done on time. Get with me soon so we can figure out what we're doing this weekend lol
7: Nope - Haha, springfield's too pro at running tournaments. Good thing you guys were there to help. Hopefully we'll be able to make your monthly, I'll have to see if we're still going to.
7: Champ - I don't even remember what happened in our match xD Guess it'll be my turn to get revenge next time haha. Can't break the pattern!
9: Overswarm - Sorry about all that happened, with everything. This definitely makes it difficult trying to run a circuit when stuff like this happens >.> Hopefully it won't be like this in the future.
9: Y.b.M. - God Kaiopoly was too good xD And yes, we'll be getting a rematch sooner or later.
13: Renegade - Never shave.
13: Xisin - was great seeing you again, man. Sucks we didn't get to play though.
17: Lou - We'll have to play next time, for sure.
17: Smash64 - i don't even remember the last time we played, ed @_@
17: Rofa - No revenge this time around, haha. Hopefully we'll get to play next time
17: Mister Eric - Still no money match :/
17: Quivo - Enjoyed our set, man.
17: Capem - That money match was weird @_@ We'll need to get another in next time
17: Hilt - ._.
25: Cr4sh - Good ****, man. Definitely could tell you were on your game. Keep it up
25: Sil - I don't know how I pulled that set back @_@ Good **** though, you've definitely gotten better
25: Sneaky Tako - I don't think we played at all, we'll have to next time :D
25: Wakka - Great seeing you again, man. There's gonna be a money match next time though! ;D
33: Tyr - Okay we're gonna have to have like a $5 money match to settle this xD
33: Dr. X - Great seeing you man, hopefully we'll end up at the same tournament again sometime :D
33: Framerate - We gotta play next time! Also watching the judgement dittos was too good xD
33: Fizzleboy - Enjoyed our set, man. You're lucario's definitely getting solid, glad to see you stepping it up
41: Solecalibur - had fun playing you, man. Never get to play ZSS's in person lol
41: Exile - Glad you were able to come, lex needs to start making it to more big tournaments :D
41: maymay - soooo glad you were able to come ^^ make it to another one, kay? And I'm glad you had fun for the most part, but i'm sad you were tired from the hydrocodome :( You're getting better though, keep it up maymay!
41: Sai - The trip back to your house was confusingly epic, haha. Enjoyed the games we got to play too, we'll have to do more next time.
41: Airborne - Good **** makig it to this, man. I'll be expecting to see you at more! ;D
49: Clowsui - I think you should focus on one character for awhile. You're trying to split it too much between the three (or mostly marth and falco) for matchup purposes, when that's not as important at first. Work on one for awhile until it's completely solid and you're making it out of pools with him, and then focus on the other for awhile. At least that's what I think you should do.
49: Steel Samurai - Great getting to play you again. Our set was too stressful @_@ Don't know why I let you take me to equity xD
49: Today - hiiii~! Glad I got to talk to you at the tournament and white castle :D. We'll need to play next time we're at the same tournament since we didn't get to this time.
49: Lunar - sucks we didn't get to play or talk much :(. Next time we're at the same tournament we'll need to, I love having another Olimar to talk to.
49: Kassandra - Sorry for overloading you with Olimar info @_@ ummm just play around with him for awhile lol. After you get him down a bit I'll be able to help with specific things, haha. We'll need to play more next time :D
57: Rage - Enjoyed the games we played, you've definitely gotten a bit better, just keep working on it.
57: Metaflair - We gotta play some PT dittos sometime, man. Glad to see you sticking to him, too. Looking forward to hanging out with you guys again at UK
57: Shy Guy - heeyy glad you made it out to this! Let me know and we can play some friendlies at UK if you want, man. Hopefully i'll see you there :D

Sin - You made iiittt!! Thanks for the tips in between my matches. It's good having someone able to point out what I'm doing wrong when I'm not paying enough attention to it. Next time you'll need to enter for sure, man.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
5: Infern - Nice job on placing 5th. ^_^ And thanks for the compliments.. I think it encouraged me.
13: Xisin - Always nice to see you. I'm always rooting for number one Kentuckian! :bee:
17: Mister Eric - We didn't get to talk a lot this time round, and that made me sad face. :urg:
17: Hilt - I am always rooting for my number one bbf. ^_^ Even if it takes me side-betting on your matches to encourage you, I will do it. I would bet up to 5 dollars on you, and 5 dollars is like... an entire footlong sub! I'd bet a footlong on you! That's a lot to a lil ol' college student like me. You know why? Cause I know you can do it. You can make a flag out of all your victories, climb to the top of the mountain, stake the flag into the mountain and claim it for yourself. And then you can say "The Mountain Shall Not Move" (even so in your case, it could still move, because you're too skinny and it would be more like a molehill rather than a mountain. Work on that. Become a mountain.)
25: Cr4sh - Very much grats on making it into bracket. Wish I coulda came with ya. :urg:
25: Sil - Never again will I let Rob's Mansion happen again. Sigh. :urg:
33: Arc - I knew there were suppose to be more than just Dr. X and Suyon here, but I forgot about you. Please let me know if you ever come to a tournament near me. I would love to play another Pit main. :bee:
33: Dr. X - Thank you so much for playing with me. It was great to meet such a nice person. Altho, sad too... if we never get to see each other again. But still, I think I learned a lot from our few matches. :bee: -hug-
41: Solecalibur - I saw your ZSS in friendlies against Suyon. You're pretty good, and I hope you the best of luck in future tournies.
41: Exile -Thank you so much for the ride. Don't get discouraged, I know you can do it!
41: Sai - It was fun playing doubles with you! You were funny, mumbling along with the matches. Next time let's play some singles, yah? ^_^
41: Airborne - Yoshi power. That's all I have to say. Don't get discouraged. Us lexingtonians can do it, yah?
41: Suyon - :mad:
49: Clowsui - Curry mm?
49: Steel Samurai - Out of everyone, I think you were actually the hardest in my pools for me. Man, I got tooled! :urg: But nice Marth, hope to see you around some time
49: Today - Too cute and too awesome! ^_^ I'm so happy to have made a brand new friend. Please come to the KY tournaments sometime we so can hang! If not, maybe we can plan a sleepover!
49: Calic - It was good seeing you, Calic!
49: Kassandra - It was good to meet you in person. Maybe we should work on a girl team so we can be a total mindgame, huh? ^_^ Might be interesting.
57: Metaflair - You seemed totally sad and bummed out... why? :urg: It made me sad as well. I hope you were okay, because you're totally awesome Metaflair. But I hope I didn't drown you in hugs... but if you were wondering why, it's cause I was worried. Happy face next time, okay? :bee:
57: Shy Guy - ^_^

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
OS its not that i disagree with custom stage idea but like u said we may need to change them a little bit to make them as fair as u want them to be. ATM Equity is too good for MKs and MK doesnt need to get better. The CP one is Stupid with thr dip in the middle now the idea is good i like the dip but its tooo deep if it was more like frigate i think the map would be fine maybe change its placement on the map itself but thats a minor thing. Libras moving plats hurt taller characters while not solving the problem of planking u know it doesnt solve planking completely so dont say it does MK has 5 jumps if he knows the plat is coming and isnt a ****** he will jus drop off the ledge early and air camp and dont say u can hit him not bc now he has a plat for protection and seriously try beating the Uair.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
omg Champ, use punctuation and less run-on sentences!

It's like ybm without the ...'s!

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
OS its not that i disagree with custom stage idea but like u said we may need to change them a little bit to make them as fair as u want them to be. ATM Equity is too good for MKs and MK doesnt need to get better. The CP one is Stupid with thr dip in the middle now the idea is good i like the dip but its tooo deep if it was more like frigate i think the map would be fine maybe change its placement on the map itself but thats a minor thing. Libras moving plats hurt taller characters while not solving the problem of planking u know it doesnt solve planking completely so dont say it does MK has 5 jumps if he knows the plat is coming and isnt a ****** he will jus drop off the ledge early and air camp and dont say u can hit him not bc now he has a plat for protection and seriously try beating the Uair.
libra doesnt solve planking at all...even if it did, wtf is the point in having ONE stage out of the whole list that does have an answer to planking. If you say it solves planking then your nuts, mk can easily time the platform and then float under the stage for 5 jumps, then he can CHOOSE which side of the map he wants to drill to and repeat the planking process.

call me crazy...but how about an edge grab limit instead of dealing with these custom stages. An edge grab limit is much more efficient.Numerous people are complaining about them already. If you want more stages added to the starters, then add ps1 and another stage.

IMO, whats the point in playing smash? My goal is to improve on a national level. Now, if these stages were active on a national level, which they aren't nor will they ever be, I would agree with the idea. So what is the point in even playing these stages?

Someone said above me, that most the time people were agreeing to just auto strike the customs...that should be a sign. I dont think that you should just throw in stages into the circuit. I know people were able to test them. But this tourney should show that a lot of people in our community are unhappy with them, so why keep them?

Airborne

Smash Lord
just a thought, but... maybe make libra two blocks thick, yet keep the same space from the bottom and space in between the platform and stage?
it makes taller characters not as easy to punish, and slightly deals with the vertical killing issue a bit... or was the extreme ceiling the main purpose of it?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
17: Hilt - I won the "avoid the Olimar" game for once... :laugh:

Hahaha, it may not be so easy next time :D

Also to OS, I kinda agree with Champ to an extent. We have a lot of room to work with for the custom stages. We should test out more options we have for neutrals, we may find something that works better.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman

Hahaha, it may not be so easy next time :D

Also to OS, I kinda agree with Champ to an extent. We have a lot of room to work with for the custom stages. We should test out more options we have for neutrals, we may find something that works better.
*gives two thumbs up*

custom maps need to be tested out by several people and tested for several characters...plain and simple.

Take abyss, abyss hurts more characters then it helps, so why even have that map? the center is way to unbalanced. If you want to implement custom stages, they need to be tested by several people not only in our community but maybe get some outside suggestions.

Abyss is a janky counter pick. People are already limiting their stage list and getting rid of the jank counter picks. I don't think we need anymore jank counter picks. There is already norfair, brinstar, japes...etc.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
25: Sil - I'm not afraid of Smashfield... I've won a set against all of them aside from Nope and Fonz...I think?
Brothers Unite! bwahahaha =P

I agree with the statements of removing counter pick custom stages, there are tons already in the game. No need to make more. Counter picks are meant to give your character the advantage in that match so people saying so and so stage is janky is a ******** statement because it is janky for YOUR character not your opponent, win the first game and you won't have problems. Turning off stages like japes and Norfair and Mansion and pirate ship is putting characters in deficit from the beginning because you removed an advantage they get if they lose a match. Rainbow cruise is probably the most advantageous map in the game yet it remains in the counter pick list when compared to Norfair, Japes, Mansion, and Pirate ship WTF? lol Think about every stage and every advantage before posting so and so stage is jank.

As far as starter stages, everyone seems to be giving their thoughts based on their character so I will do the same. Lucario should ALWAYS strike towards Libra if it is on against the following characters (Snake, Wario, Diddy, Marth, Falco, Fox, Olimar, Pikachu, and Toon link.) reasons behind this being these characters either have killing problems, or there main kill move is up (Marth you just need somewhere to run from his Fair Spam, and Metaknight is good everywhere so just pick a stage you feel comfortable on). Lucario when he needs to kill doesn't have problems unless he came back from a fresh stock, but that is the case on any stage. The moving platforms do very little to help his recovery and are almost pointless unless you get lucky on timing. The platforms are excellent for Lucario when he is edge-guarding though because F-smash and Aura Sphere = ****, and when you combine **** with platform that removes invincibility frames it equals OMG that move hit me from that far away and killed me at 40% ****. Top platform is excellent when trying to get away from ledge guards as it's an easy outlet without landing next to people. Most people can't single jump that high so Lucario can camp up there with D-air spam spacing since it will be easy to read when someone is going to attack you way up there. It's decently long and it's flat, Lucario likes to camp so that's a plus. Small sides can equal low percent deaths, but with the correct DI you can live longer if you DI up more then side to side. Overall good stage for Lucario in my opinion.

Equity sucks for lucario due to how small it is. DO NOT take snake here you will get a one way ticket on the Tilt express. wall cling is nice for recovery, but it doesn't make or break the stage. Not sure exactly on the height and width of blast zones because I avoided it due to liking larger stages for camping. Don't have tons of info here as I will be avoiding it in tournament, if I play it in friendlies I could give a more accurate opinion on it.

Overall Custom stages aren't a bad idea as long as they are balanced and continue to be refined. I can say Libra is awesome cause Lucario pwns on that map, but it doesn't make it a good neutral because of that. People need to give their opinion from their characters point of view and we continue to refine them in that nature, I say keep them on for now and at the end of the circuit we can make decisions on whether to remove them or not. Otherwise learn the stages, they won't make or break sets, but they can be a disadvantage if you aren't prepared, and that's your own fault for not knowing every map. I.E. I can play on Rainbow cruise, but it doesn't mean I will.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
@Mayling: Nice to meet you, indeed. Sorry I won't be around much anymore. Feel free to drop me an AIM sometime if you wanna. :)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm sorry I'm not a teacher Mr. Swarm. Deal with it.

I do believe that Capem, Champ, and Hilt Have strong points. But Taking FD off the starter list is a great aspect. That stage is more of a counter pick stage than anything.

It was already stated that the custom stages will be in the entire circuit. But it doesn't mean that have to stay the same custom stages, or does it? So there's no point in arguing to take them out of the circuit. But if majority of the people attending circuits don't agree with the changes, we can make sure that they don't make it to the next circuit. I mean, We are paying money to enter these tournaments so it's only fair that we feel we are getting our monies worth.

I also have to agree that we need to have the Ledge grab rule. 40 or 50. Because the act of stalling is very difficult to do, the way that it's described. But I see a lot of people just not fighting, and this is used as an excuse to reach a better position on the stage. Totally disagree about having Referee's....but the rule should take effect.

And I have a Cold now....*sigh*

Sliq

Smash Master
I think that if we aren't going to change the rules in the SBR to make the game better because it is altering it too much, then we definitely shouldn't be CREATING CONTENT and jamming it in . Why not create a character, too? Maybe like his name is Brizol, and hes like green or something and kicks but not all the time. He could wear pants and have a pumpkin tattoo.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Havent taken a set off of me...and pools dont count :-p
I had a feeling you'd say something like that... :p

Edit: Wow... Did I awaken the wrath of Smashfield or something? Good thing I didn't add that I'm not scared of ROBs...

Another edit: And if pools don't count, then I haven't beaten Warfie either... I never played him in brackets though... :/

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
I think that if we aren't going to change the rules in the SBR to make the game better because it is altering it too much, then we definitely shouldn't be CREATING CONTENT and jamming it in . Why not create a character, too? Maybe like his name is Brizol, and hes like green or something and kicks but not all the time. He could wear pants and have a pumpkin tattoo.
he should have a I <3 my mom tattoo also lol

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Smashfield better be scared when NEOH finally steps it up. It's only a matter of time lol.

There are at least 4 players here who are getting close to that point where they'll just eventually bust out the big guns at a tourney and **** everyone except M2K. Itsa comin' I can feel it! NEOH baby!

>.< *slobber slobber slobber*

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I agree with Fonz's view; post what you think of the custom stages based on your character and leave it at that, it'll help a lot. Notra's post about Falco has put Libra's ceiling in a spotlight; if Libra is the "go to" stage in a perfect striking scenario for Falco (which it is, as it is better than LC and YI) with the 7 starters and Libra is a BAD stage for Falco rather than an "in the middle" one, the starter list is biased against Falco players. While it may be impossible to get good starter stages for all characters, it is a definite goal. If we can at least get all of the mid-tiers and up to start on an okay stage with no advantages or disadvantages in most matchups, we've got a good starter list.

So now I just have to decide whether or not the vertical kill zone on Libra, which is deliberately higher than other stages, is too high. Maybe Falco can do just fine there and Notra is just complaining because he doesn't want to worry about dealing damage as much, or maybe Falco is practically non-viable for tournament play if he has to start on Libra; we don't know, so we have to test it out now that Notra has brought it to our attention.

It was already stated that the custom stages will be in the entire circuit. But it doesn't mean that have to stay the same custom stages, or does it? So there's no point in arguing to take them out of the circuit. But if majority of the people attending circuits don't agree with the changes, we can make sure that they don't make it to the next circuit. I mean, We are paying money to enter these tournaments so it's only fair that we feel we are getting our monies worth.
Majority rule = unimportant to Overswarm. Fair, balanced, and a good competitive environment = important to Overswarm.

If people want to just complain, they're wasting their time... but if they post like most of you have been recently, letting me know that...

-Libra is the stage Falco should get taken to, and the lack of a vertical kill on this stage is incredibly poor for him. (the same problem will arise with Fox should there be a Fox main here) Is this a legitimate complaint, or was Notra unable to adapt?

-ICs are given Smashville, FD, and Libra as stages to choose from. You can ban FD or Libra, but not both. Y.b.M. attributes part of his loss to Champ due to this fact. Is this a legitimate complaint, or are ICs not helped by Libra anymore than they would if they decided to take you to Battlefield, PS1, Lylat Cruise, or another "flat plat" stage? Does this mean the platform was unusable against ICs, or did Y.b.M. not use it effectively or Champ know how to work around it?

So on and so forth.

If you really think a custom stage is just totally awful and should be scrapped completely (new design, new layout, etc., etc.)... there's a system in place for that too! Hell, you can do it for all stages. Despite the numerous complaints about stage X or stage Y, not a single person has stepped up to the plate.

me a while ago said:
-If you are upset at a stage being used in a tournament, you have two ways to get it removed. The first is to make a video explaining why it is broken for competitive play that has match highlights showing examples of this broken feature. A compelling video will make the stage considered to be removed. The best thing you can do is to simply abuse that stage in tournament! If you think a stage like Onett has circle camping abilities similar to Hyrule Temple or you can easily edgecamp for the win on either side, just do so in tournament and win! You'll get a bunch of money and you'll have removed the stage from the circuit.
Also, you can put the custom stages into your own hands. Should one be removed, another will take its place.

me again said:
Want to make a custom stage? It's unlikely we'll use it this circuit, but feel free to send it along with 3-5 videos of gameplay on this stage. Should one of the custom stages be removed, yours may be considered! In your message, please specify whether this stage was meant to be a counterpick or a starter.
Interesting tidbit about Abyss, by the way:

Everyone tells me a different character is "the best" there. Did you know ROB/Snake/MK/ICs/Diddy/Falco/Lucario/Marth are totally broken on Abyss? Because I was told each of those characters were waaaaaaay too good there. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they aren't all good on Abyss, but that people haven't figured it out yet.

There are at least 4 players here who are getting close to that point where they'll just eventually bust out the big guns at a tourney and **** everyone except M2K. Itsa comin' I can feel it! NEOH baby!
Shugo's AWAL and I just beat Blue Rogue again, and that's your elite. This in the same tournament that... I lost to Infern... and Kel lost to Nope....

if Smashfield and God Kais can step it up that much, NEOH better go super saiyan!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Quick question, did anybody actually like the stagelist (custom and otherwise) for this event? Perhaps I just missed it, but I didn't see any positive comments about it. It seems like the vast majority of people don't like it and would rather turn them off.

Interesting. That sounds just like the reason for why we turn off items (the real reason, not "lolol its random").

Kel

Smash Master
I liked it. The people that don't mind it generally stay silent. I didn't appreciate the two FD deals, but I liked the variety that the customs added. We need different size stages in this metagame.

Top Bottom