• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Samus Player in the Country.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
two highest placing samus were plup and darrell, hugs placed one step lower than them

however, plup made 2nd in teams

so he was the most successful samus at apex, regardless of whether or not he is the "best"

however, hbox was posting on fb that plup was doing well against hugs in casuals

Max?

Smash Champion
Darrell was the highest placing Samus in singles. Plup lost to Reno (lol wtf, exposed)

HugS™

Smash Lord
A few things I want to say about Plup.

1. He's very very good, and possibly the best Samus, but RIGHT NOW, this possibility comes out of default. I'm simply 100% out of practice, especially tournament practice, and Darrell is still improving. Plup's singles bracket performance is something that I think neither he, nor Florida, is very proud of. So as of now, he's brimming with potential, not results. So just as it was annoying back then for Hbox to parade him around as the best Samus, it'd be annoying to hear the same thing after his less-than-stellar results. His doubles performance was absolutely incredible though, better than anything I have ever done in teams.

2. I think Hbox should worry less about parading Plup, and more about letting him develop as a player. I don't know what kind of mindset Plup has when he plays matches, but I don't feel that the added pressure that Hbox brings helps him out at all. I spoke to Hbox, and I told him that part of his amazing potential comes from the fact that he's fresh, new, and he's innocent enough to play this game for fun and improvement.

Hyping him up the way Hbox did only served to add years of pressure to a kid who's JUST starting to compete on a national level. That type of pressure should be reserved for people who have played for years, found great success, and who have major expectations to meet everytime they get on a TV. It's the type of pressure meant for the peak of a player's career, not his growth phase.

TL;DR - Plup is great, but he has to be allowed to develop to what he could be. The "best samus" title doesn't matter right now, because we all didn't do well.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Just got back from this ****ty national. **** Alex strife for being a mediocre tournament host.

Every samus at apex was amazing. Plup beat me in pools in a match up I suck in and lost to Reno who I toss around(wtf idk how plup, your better than that). In the end, I would agree with grampa Hugo and say your the best. Good shot in teams by the way.

**** hbox and his mouth that never seems to stop runing about Florida. Just let people's game speak for themselves.

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Plup was amazing in teams. I'm definitely rooting for Plupbox at the next big one. I hope Hbox only teams with him now (even though it's an annoying team, it's a damn good one).

Darrell whooped me in the few friendlies I played with him. He's soo good. And I played against Duck too, who also beasts. Man. You Samuses are amazing. Keep it up.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Just got back from this ****ty national. **** Alex strife for being a mediocre tournament host.

Every samus at apex was amazing. Plup beat me in pools in a match up I suck in and lost to Reno who I toss around(wtf idk how plup, your better than that). In the end, I would agree with grampa Hugo and say your the best. Good shot in teams by the way.

**** hbox and his mouth that never seems to stop runing about Florida. Just let people's game speak for themselves.

:phone:
I am usually wayyyy to mellow to be interested in posts like these.

But I would give anything to here your story lol. The charisma of the middle section is what got me haha

Pluplue

Smash Ace
On the day of singles bracket I woke up after a good hour of sleep with a runny nose and my throat felt like sand paper. I then walked 10 mins in 30-40 degree weather and played my singles matches after about 10 mins of warm up or so.

But you can say whatev you want. idgaf.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Does this mean the legendary Kage is not retiring after all?
Uhh, I said to plenty of people that for several months for sure, I won't be able to go to anything until at least the summer time, because im going to use all my money for training and its gonna take a while to bring it back up.. and I mean ill be busy training lots. That's pretty much it. I'll probably only come to like RoM 5, or huge EC events, I definitely won't be able to go to the west area anymore though. =(

Plup, you still got 2nd in teams with Hbox, that was surprising as hell. And also, remember the lesson, burn your sickness with spirit. =)

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I know that I put him on blast, and I know he would have done better in bracket had Doubles come first.

But yeah, I'm gonna stop the parading thing. I was really excited to see how he would do, and I think Doubles spoke for itself.

I apologize for the pressure, Justin, if there was any. Make sure to go to the next national so we can team again and you can do awesome in singles.

Hax

Smash Champion
plup is the best samus and in the same league as me, shroomed, kirbykaze, amsah, ice, etc. legit johns are legit

Top Bottom