• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Samus Player in the Country.

Ox. Oxen.

Samus. Samen.
....Samoose?
Samoosen. there was a flock of samoosen, out in space - the spacen.
im still sticking to
the sentinels
hm.. reminds me too much of like x-men or robots or something...
The Hunters
dope
If we take "Samus" as a nominative singular second declension noun in latin, the nominative plural would be "Sami"
but do we want 'samus' to be latin? i vote greek, i mean how epic can you get. however...
Plural of foot in greek is podes, not pata. Nice try tho.
which i knew, and so 'samupodi' just makes me think of this. not space bounty hunter material.

I just found this out/re-discovered this, but her last name Aran comes from the birth name of Pelé (yes the futbol player), which is Arantes. But there's no real explanation for her first name (that I could find).

Since Pelé is Brazilian, you take the Portuguese rule for plurals and just say Samus --> Samuses.

And nothing comes up for an etymological search for either Samus (made-up?) or Arantes (odd), except that some people in Europe may have had the name.

Hunters or Samuses so far.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Or, you know, "Samus players". Seeing as how you'll never need to use a plural form of Samus for anything else.

/stickinthemud

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Looks like Vectorman might be attempting to do the impossible at his next big tournament (for Roy).

I don't think Roy has the potential to be that good at all either, for the record. Here's to seeing maybe some new technology.

:phone:
Nothing is impossible!! (well that's what I have to, and will believe in at least ^^ I've faith in my abilities ^^ I'll try not to let you all down.. I can only do my best right? ^^

New technology with Roy's paper sword? Oh boy... lol.
Don't hate Kage, my Roy's purdy good ^^ I just hope it's good enough, I'll super train :p

<3 yall :p

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
And you're right, you were the father of Samus, but if we compare our environments and accomplishments, you're more like the Wilt Chamberlain of Samus, not MJ. You pioneered, you dominated your time, but I came after, did it better and longer, and with better competition.
better competition? wilt played v russell all day every day

rest of your post was spot-on

god probably the retiree i miss the most

im still salty zoo lost to you and never got a chance to topple you

this thread is epic

Top Bottom