• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Samus Player in the Country.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It doesn't really matter, when most top players fight a new top player then we all know how good he is. We all have our excuses to make ourselves sleep better at night, that's the human mind. =P

Varist

Smash Lord
real talk by kage

people will accept the johns they want to accept, legitimate or not. sometimes people with legit johns get "no excuses no johns gtfo omg" sprayed at them, sometimes people with scrub johns get defended because true love, no one really knows the trouble i see.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It seems like all new top players instantly attract other top players. Like, they all want to assess their skill against other people who they know are good. Very competitive...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It seems like all new top players instantly attract other top players. Like, they all want to assess their skill against other people who they know are good. Very competitive...
Oh ya, for sure! It's really fun to see what he can do and how he does it. It's an awesome experience, and also to see how we match up vs them.

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
i think johns are supported by how the player does after they cease to be relevant. like how plup did later in the day when he was warmed up or how he will do at the next tourney.

in other words.....Reno fly to florida TOMORROW

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
LMAO **** outta here with the johns...everyone in tristate knows there is absolutely no excuse to lose to Reno in tourney(aside from G). Reno is about as free as they come in this region, as aforementioned by Darrell who bodies him on the regular, so does everyone else.

I was sick all weekend with my voice cracking/nose running/coughing, not to mention I drove back and forth to the venue everyday(45 min) which is tiring as hell for 3 days(4 if you count an airport run). And I got to the tourney late on Sunday and guess how much warm up time I got before my 1st match? 0 mins...yea nothing at all. I plugged my controller and started my bracket match right off the bat. But you dont see me losing to Reno level players(for example MDZ...get em Niko lol)

Reno is cake and even when I take extended breaks from the game and him knowing my playstyle and I choose to be courteous by going Marth(his best matchup btw) I still **** him! There are no johns for losing to him other than you are just bad and I know Vanz agrees with me lolol. Warming up/sick johns are completely irrelevant when it comes to him because his sheik is so basic. If you cant realize his stupid *** is just going to try and move as fast as possible on platforms within the 1st 10 seconds of the match then you are not smart at all.

Reno aint going nowhere.

Sup Max...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've heard the jokes about Reno, but come ON guys. He can't possibly be that bad.

Also, consider that it's Samus/Sheik (though, those are MU johns, and not that legit).

D

Deleted member

idk man samus vs sheik is ****ing awful.

plup is basically good as ****. that's all anyone needs to know.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
No but you guys dont get it....he is that bad. He has not gotten better since 2007 at best, its the same old ****. And its not like he was top level sheik in 2007 either.

Lmao why do you think he had no teammate at Apex? Because hes terrible and no one wants to team with someone that bad. Even us people from tristate...we know the deal. He registred for Apex months in advance but still found no teammate, coincidence? No, were just not wasting time going into a teams match knowing its gonna be a 2 v 1 while he sits and watches you get ***** while chargin his needles. Somehow tons of other tristate people found people to team with last minute but not Reno...hmmm...

You guys jusst dont know, I really wish I could find a great analogy for you

Pi

Smash Hero
wowww hbk talking mad bull**** lol

some reminders

1) first nationl
2) first time ever playing reno (seeing as how u mentioned you guys play a lot)
3) 2nd in teams
4) sheik vs. samus LOL

hbk ur an idiot MM me

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
wowww hbk talking mad bull**** lol

some reminders

1) first nationl
2) first time ever playing reno (seeing as how u mentioned you guys play a lot)
3) 2nd in teams
4) sheik vs. samus LOL

hbk ur an idiot MM me
Never said anything about his teams game. Props on that...G$ places in the money for teams at every national when he teams with mango...so that number 3 point is irrelevant. Everythingelse is johns...was this not Javis 1st national? Johns johns johns...

And i been agreed to MM you homie when you were Rock Lee or whatever. But I dnt know who you are or what you look like so find me next time. Looking forward to it

I think I actually wanted to play you so we could both warm up for our bracket matches...oh wait thats right, thatd require both of us to make it. Maybe you should keep your mouth shut before you pop off about how your going to do this and that, but theres always next time lil brotha. Lets get a little better before we place ourselves on a pedastool ok?

For the record I love Reno, but that doesnt make him any better at the gaame

john!

Smash Hero
whenever i glimpse hbk's avatar in the corner of my eye

i think about the kfc logo

probably because of my perpetual subliminal desire for kfc food

but i can't be the only one who does this

am i?

:embarrass:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nah, that's too vague anyhow because the player themselves can change the whole way how the team works. I remember teaming with Hbox before in friendlies and it didn't work at all, also he teamed with DJN before and it didn't work out quite as well. And I mean Alu + DJN teamed together and got freaking 7th in teams at Apex.. so truthfully, it's hard to determine. And I'm sure you remember when I teamed with Fuzzy (He's really good usually), brackets ended quickly for us. It's tough to know who will be good with you or not, sometimes you have to take a chance.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Nah, that's too vague anyhow because the player themselves can change the whole way how the team works. I remember teaming with Hbox before in friendlies and it didn't work at all, also he teamed with DJN before and it didn't work out quite as well. And I mean Alu + DJN teamed together and got freaking 7th in teams at Apex.. so truthfully, it's hard to determine. And I'm sure you remember when I teamed with Fuzzy (He's really good usually), brackets ended quickly for us. It's tough to know who will be good with you or not, sometimes you have to take a chance.
yeah i get that its also matchup/teamwork dependent.
i remember m2k teaming with darc didnt go so well and other weird teams like you + axe doing super amazing...
I think Plup's samus complimented Hbox's style/character very well and id rather they team over him teaming with hax.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Plup your so good! Cant wait too watch your vids buddy **** them haters yo!

Also lol @ all the reno comments. Hbk we had someone similar to reno in sfl.(Dont wanna say his name). He used to be like free for all of us and he went out of state and was putting in work. Kinda like reno I guess. I hear you on the fact you guys **** him but cmon bruh he made bracket and beat plup. He can be that terrible <.<. Trust me no one bad is ever gonna beat plup ever!

Also didnt reno beat someone good a while back? I wanna say lucky but I dunno lol.

Yo 3 stop that mm **** man! Its fine to mm people but thats your answer to everything. Your gonna get lit up man im trying to save you money!

:phone:

R3N0

Smash Lord
For real, I don't play as much as I used to, not by a long shot. There's so much bull**** flying around. I made it into bracket where a **** ton of people did not. Hbk is such a **** for no real reason either.
I didn't go 2 and out in bracket. And if we look at the bracket there are plenty of people who didn't make it to round 2. Granted the brackets were stacked but I can hold my own vs half the bracket at least.

People want to talk **** and hear this or that, good for them. I play melee maybe once every 2 weeks / at a tournament, but I'm still finishing pretty well.

Honestly I don't see why there has to be so much discussion here, if I'm bad, then beat me. HBK is better than me, no denying that but it's not like I have "never" beat him in tournament.

Tri-state has a lot of top players that still play way more often, and to place in their ranks or past where they would place, is fine with me.

In regards to teams: I wanted to team with cactuar, but he already had a teammate, and then I sort of lazied out on trying to find someone I could have had a chance with, so I decided not to bother anymore. I registered like beginning of December, and started looking for a teammate then. But not even actively looking or searching on the boards. Just asking around.

Talk all the **** you want, but I play cause I have fun and I like people. I don't know why I constantly get talked down on for how "bad" I am. I never claim to be some godlike sheik. I just play.

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
plup has really funky positioning

solid fundamentals though, just needs overall refinement imo

I'm interested in his improvement

Fsamus looool

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
A few things I want to say about Plup.

1. He's very very good, and possibly the best Samus, but RIGHT NOW, this possibility comes out of default. I'm simply 100% out of practice, especially tournament practice, and Darrell is still improving. Plup's singles bracket performance is something that I think neither he, nor Florida, is very proud of. So as of now, he's brimming with potential, not results. So just as it was annoying back then for Hbox to parade him around as the best Samus, it'd be annoying to hear the same thing after his less-than-stellar results. His doubles performance was absolutely incredible though, better than anything I have ever done in teams.

2. I think Hbox should worry less about parading Plup, and more about letting him develop as a player. I don't know what kind of mindset Plup has when he plays matches, but I don't feel that the added pressure that Hbox brings helps him out at all. I spoke to Hbox, and I told him that part of his amazing potential comes from the fact that he's fresh, new, and he's innocent enough to play this game for fun and improvement.

Hyping him up the way Hbox did only served to add years of pressure to a kid who's JUST starting to compete on a national level. That type of pressure should be reserved for people who have played for years, found great success, and who have major expectations to meet everytime they get on a TV. It's the type of pressure meant for the peak of a player's career, not his growth phase.

TL;DR - Plup is great, but he has to be allowed to develop to what he could be. The "best samus" title doesn't matter right now, because we all didn't do well.

I like this post. I wanna play Plup now. I wanna see your Peach vs Samus game, son. I also hope you don't let the hype go to your head. It tends to do that with the younger smashers these days. lol

Hugs: again Don't Retire. lol

How did you Samus players do against Wes? I Know he still has the old rust but I heard he was adapting lol

Van.

Smash Ace
You going to APEX? If you're there, Hugo's there, and Plup's there, I'll take you up on that.

$100 on Hugo placing higher.
this trend of putting huge amounts of money on claims that are otherwise insupportable was the stupidest smash trend of 2011 :/ i hope we see alot less of it in 2012

that said, LMAO GET ***** NOOB

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Definitely true. Hungrybox and I played horrible in teams at Zenith lol. Plus mid tiers vs. mid tiers sucks. Maybe sometime in the future if we were to team again or do team money matches, we might **** hard or not. Although its like you said Kage, definitely hard to determine. I won't team with anyone else except for Alukard, unless we can't team at a tournament for whatever reason.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
I love being the underdog!!

I love being the underdog and a legend lol no pressure for on me. Also Darrell your a cool dude, I'm glad to see a lot more samus players are doing their thing, my only disappointment is that I still have yet to see one thats 5th best in the country at the very least, or winning nationals consistently with Samus. That would make me so proud. This weekend made me realize my potential as a player and also more and more that I was right about Samus being able to Win ****. So lets see what this grandpa can do lol.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
im only good at teaming with people that can approach

which is why its funny i won with kage since neither of us approach well (but i told him many strategies on facebook convo)

also the time i teamed with djn we ***** everyone too (10 months ago at pa tournament)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well.. I'm kinda offensive player in general and also I rely on teams strategy heavily to win and you are amazing.. so it makes sense lol.

Top Bottom