• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
A good livestream is pretty much vital for a national these days.

I'm sure Plank will find some way to make it happen.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im def still in the process of trying to work it out, esp for all the europeans/smashers who donated to armada and stuff

How much money is the average plane ticket to one of these?

And I'm not saying that people who are unable to go should be chastisized or anything, relax. People who have obligations at home or work, or anything like that, it's unavoidable.

What I don't like is when people who have jobs and could feasibly make the cash to come to this over a seven month period don't do so.

I dunno, it's a weird subject, and it's not really my place to say. I'm just talkin.

tect

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting in Friday afternoon and might be arranging a tour for myself per my dad's suggestions who does business here every once and a while. Anybody from in town or out of town interested in joining me?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
WHAT!? ESCA GOT STABBED!?

That's terrible! I can't believe no one helped him, either. I hope he gets better soon...

:069:

Renth

Smash Hero
Possible Refund.

I recently registered for pound 5 singles, but The Cape has told me we may have to bail out on pound? John, I was wondering if there is anyway I can get the money back from the trip if our plans fail...

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Wifi really should be an included package. But isn't it for people who rented rooms?
Couldn't you use room wifi, or are those too far away/weak?

And aren't smart phones/portable models really slow? The stream would suffer i would think.

@Renth: Plank does do refunds, he issues them out a few days before pound. Just be sure to let him know.

strawhats

Smash Master
I recently registered for pound 5 singles, but The Cape has told me we may have to bail out on pound? John, I was wondering if there is anyway I can get the money back from the trip if our plans fail...
i really wanted to play you guys. :(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
got the info today... 2x internet connections (one for each game) will be a total of 695.00$ after tax/installation fees and **** :( as i feared

renth refunds actually STOPPED being available at the beginning of the february when reg closed for the first time officially.... im sorry :( the event is in less than 2 weeks, i cant do refunds anymore

we are gonna do teammates at the venue like last year @ mogwai

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I got 10 bucks for the internet.

if between the ~300 people attending and ~500 people watching the stream we can get 150 people to put up 5 bucks apiece, we would def have more than enough money for the internet.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if we can only have one stream, it should be melee. melee got dat major international attendence.

then again imma be there so idgaf

Iliad

Smash Lord
As much as I'm a bawrl ***, I gotta agree with my *** Jpobs on this. If it's only possible to stream one game, it should be melee.

Higher attendance, higher profile attendance, and tbch even though I can't stand playing it, it's fantastically entertaining to watch.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i believe one would be 395. i pretty much want to do both or none though, but if people are willing to donate to their game of choice it should ultimately be up to where the money comes from....

idea

Smash Master
actually, now that i think about it, i wouldn't contribute for either stream. i was going to when i thought it would be $100 or something, but $400-$700 for a weekend of internet access is a rip-off.

i figure that pricing makes sense if you have a business meeting or something and lots of people need to use the internet at once. but we would just be using it a little, so...not worth it.

especially when hungrybox can just tether his phone =P

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hungrybox will tether his phone to the melee laptop for internet access. We good [Melee]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom