• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I saw you u-tilt him and get ***** a lot because the first hit would connect, then he'd nair either before the second hit or the second hit would miss and he'd punish during the lag.

U-tilt blows **** against Luigi don't do it.
Now you tell me. Running of the stage and n airing on yoshis is hard? I do that in my sleep look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXzNBw57r1E#movie_player
its in the first min i hope that was some inside joke. If it was forget i post this.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Amsah how do you do that crazy DI-tech yo did vs zhu at 1:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-A_FltzJ08

And, can anyone tell me how I know if I'm doing right that boost grab thing plz. I mean, theres any indicator besides the extended grab range which I cant notice.
Are you refering to jump cancled grabs? If you are you will know by the look of the grab. It looks like a grab in place.

Also ya that match between amsah and zhu was really good. Did you see when he grabed zhu out of a side b? Great reaction right there.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
that is a boost grab

you basically do a dash attack and cancel it with z.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Roman- No you can't you failed when you showed me gtf outtahere.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
it depends on the samus i feel like

i play a samus semi regularly that loves shield wd back -> bull****

so i running shield past him and as he's wd'ing back grab him out of it and such. worst comes to worst he upb's out of shield but im in shield anyway so it doesnt matter. their way to counter this would be to obviously wd forward instead of backwards and fsmash or something, but this makes them think :p

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Also, the match is in the bag if all you do is shield and then wait for her to attack your shield. You just have to make sure the Samus doesn't just stand around and wavedash around you so your shield gets lower. I just do single hits, then shield.

Note, I haven't played Hugs so, Kira, please tell us if this is sound advice. Last time I played Alu's Samus I beat it, this was like 6 months ago. Haven't played DJN's Samus yet.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It's all about Yoshi's. No recovery for her ftw. Actually I think I like every stage vs her so I dunno.

Kira-

Smash Champion
what would you do after the jump, waveland grab or something? i am painstakingly reminded how much samus likes to cc every time i jump land an aerial then get dsmashed anyway
needle > grab
sometimes i just slap to get her off the stage

if you're getting CC'd just slap > shield dsmash > wd out > punish their lag

i just hate being grabbed from the shield... maybe i should get better at reacting to it. would it be better to hop over it or side dodge it?
jump or roll behind her.

If I roll away or spot dodge I occasionally STILL get grabbed. Maybe HugS is really good at timing it (haven't gotten grabbed out of rolls/dodges by other Samii) but yeah sometimes it still gets me when he does a running one so just jump.

yo what stages do people think is best against samus?

battlefield? stadium? and what about weird stuff like cruise or floats?
My order is,
DK64 > Brinstar > Cruise

So many gay stages that Samus can't do anything about. Ban one, pick the other.

Neutrals are all the same to me- She lives longer on Dreamland but Sheik can edgeguard her easily with needles + bairs + falling onto the bombs. So it really doesn't matter. However, against HugS only I do ban Dreamland.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yea Eggm asked me if I wanted to go with him.

Really if I could get to Michigan from Illinois I wouldn't mind.

Oh well, they'd do a much better job representing Tristate.

<3 EC

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Mew2King knows.

I wish I could think of questions for M2k...hmmm... *drifts away*

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
is there a reliable way to get out of samus' up B once you are in?

I just try to smash the stick all over the place but mostly up and it doesnt work usually

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
If I roll away or spot dodge I occasionally STILL get grabbed. Maybe HugS is really good at timing it (haven't gotten grabbed out of rolls/dodges by other Samii) but yeah sometimes it still gets me when he does a running one so just jump.

My order is,
DK64 > Brinstar > Cruise
The grab is delayed, slower than her fsmash even XD
So if you spot dodge, you'll get grabbed. Etc.

Gay stages are gay, but neutrals aren't bad against her either.

is there a reliable way to get out of samus' up B once you are in?

I just try to smash the stick all over the place but mostly up and it doesnt work usually
Mash to...one side? :\

Needle off platforms, SH Fair/whatever, grab at low %, anything high.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Also, the match is in the bag if all you do is shield and then wait for her to attack your shield. You just have to make sure the Samus doesn't just stand around and wavedash around you so your shield gets lower. I just do single hits, then shield.

Note, I haven't played Hugs so, Kira, please tell us if this is sound advice. Last time I played Alu's Samus I beat it, this was like 6 months ago. Haven't played DJN's Samus yet.
yeah shielding is broken against Samus

if i dont know what to do i usually resort to run up shield
the worst that happens is you wavedash back or jump away. or roll away, or grab his jabs, or punish a smash attack, you have so many options.

if my shield gets low i just camp or edge stall for a bit until it comes back. not much samus can do. wavedash onto the ledge > ftilt *****. if you do it quick enough you're invincible the whole time so you're always safe on the ledge as long as you dont mess up

ummm HugS does make me scared to be in my shield a lot, I have nightmares about one match where he grabbed me 7 times in a row... it was pretty lame. But even without grabs he just catches on to your escape options really quick so you have to constantly be changing them. not that it's a problem cause you have so many ways to get out. Imo it's a broken matchup, even if you play Hugo it takes him a match or two just to get used to your style so if you act quickly you can win before he figures you out. Like the more I play him the more he wins but then if we dont play each other for like a month i'll take the first match easily again. soo yeah whatever that means lol take what you will from that

gj beating alukard btw, i played him a lot at Genesis (MM, singles bracket, and doubles bracket). He's definitely good but just doesn't use any characters that can beat sheik lol

DJN is solid too but yeah no samus i've ever played has come close to HugS yet, he really is that smart. he's one of those people who can make a bad matchup look even

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
has anyone found good use for walljumping recoveries on yoshis? (captain falcons love doing it)

dj rome if ur going to fr13 would u mind giving my sheik a few pointers there? its so f'ing hard to find sheik players, so i usually get advice from like space animals >.>

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1gixsGtbRw#t=1m18s

Watch til the end. I like doing it in both those situations. For the first one I saw the digits on Yoshis, so I had to stall somehow. I just didn't wanna shield on Randall because you get ****ed over. I couldn't decide quick enough what I wanted to do.

For the second one, I just kinda took a risk and it worked out.

soap

Smash Hero
the walljump bair will hit alot of people unsuspectedly.

but if they expect it and get up, I walljump needle turn then grab the edge with the first half of upb

Top Bottom