• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Thanks spawn but I beat him last month as well lol. I. Hear you beat lucky good ****! Um vs ganon I basicaly look for sitioutaions where I can grab. Mis spaced aerials or following tecs. That's all I do honestly lol. And camp. Oh and dj rome sheik was never gone son. Amsah is really good vs ganon watch him. My vids well be up soon too. I did well on corneria for some reason.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah I got lucky vs lucky but hey win's a win haha. I'll take whatever I can get. ;)

nicaboy: I cp'd Corneria vs him too. Was doing really well in the beginning, then I stopped camping and got beat pretty bad lol. Linguini is so good at controlling psace with Ganon. Post the vids in here when they're up/pm me. I hate losing to Ganons haha.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Concerning using the dash attack, when is the best time to use it? I hear that you should not use it very often.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Luckily I don't lose to Luigis. Thanks to awsmsean.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
Retaining to this I was wondering if you dash attack against someones shield is there anyway you can not get grabbed in the lag after wards..maybe d tilt idk.
to my knowledge u cant get grabbed if u make it so the attack hits behind their shield, due to shield stun

when i do a sloppy job i try to do one of two things. i either jab if i can remember its a good idea, or preferably dodge asap. sometimes i roll cuz im a noob too.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Spread the knowledge pleease
There are a lot of ways to play it.

The way I personally go about it is I try to stop Luigi's crazy movement game. Which mainly deals with his WD. Its a big advantage that sheik has over the other characters that play against Luigi who would otherwise have to predict his movements.

Needles shut down his movement game very effectively. They practically shut down Luigi's momentum as he WDs. Whether he shields it or not doesn't make a difference at all.

If its FD the idea is simple, throw needles if he gets close you can space fairs/bairs at him to keep him locked in his shield. The less you allow him to move the better.

If you're fighting on a platform stage you can always hide under platforms to protect you. That way you never have to deal with a direct confrontation. Always remember to watch out for his nair. The move quite simply can do insane damage to you and has really high priority.

Don't challenge the nair, BAIT the nair. Their nair is like their godsend, they will use it to protect themselves and you have to be wary of it. But you can turn it around and use that to your advantage!

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
i meant to ask this forever ago, but with the new stage list in regards to fox (cornerias out poke is cp now).
what do people ban now?
i used to ban corneria as a bad cp, but i know others would ban poke to stop both a neutral and a reasonable cp.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I don't think much changed tbh.

I think most would ban PS mainly because they don't particularly want to play against a fox on PS.

I think my picks for stages to ban against a fox (assuming I stay sheik) would be like:

PS/YS/Rainbow Cruise/DL64

But it would depend on my opponent's playstyle for what I'd ban.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I think FD is good for Fox against Sheik.

I seem to fare better on Stadium, but that could be because of my playstyle. I'm not good at approaching, so I use platforms to run around and attack from there or just to stay mobile while I'm waiting for them. Foxes shooting lasers > me.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I don't have too many problems vs either spacie on FD really.

It could be a difference of playstyles like you said Kira.

Incidentally, I don't find spacies terrible on PS either, but I think its a good choice when you really don't know or don't particularly care what to ban.

DJRome

Smash Hero
fd is a good stage vs faster foxes bc they can string uairs better w/ platforms on bf, ys for early kills. dl and fd are bad if they are campy, dl esp. if they're predictable, ys is perfect bc you can follow up the best, same for fod.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I like Battlefield and Yoshi's Story. I suck **** on Fountain but I'll play there for the ridiculous U-tilt / Uair / U-smash / Dair / F-tilt / crouch game.

Final Destination is better for Fox than Sheik, I feel, but it is still fine for Sheik. No top platform to screw with combos makes for very doable U-smash setups and those are awesome because they're effortless KOs at mid-high percent (approx. 88 prior to U-smash). Edgeguarding is easy even with the squeeze because of ultimate untechable needles and other stuff. No platforms to help them when they go high, either, which is pretty nice if you like to edgeguard passively.

Pokemon Stadium is gay as balls sometimes but if you hide under platforms during the neutral and Water transformation (abuse the slope too), you can shut down his approaches pretty hard. If you can then camp better than him too, I don't really see it being awful except for the stage periodically turning into Onett. Sheik is pretty good on Grass transformation (platform Uairs and slope abuse). Can still be bad though because outcamping a Fox is kind of difficult. Lasers are faster than sewing equipment. Enhanced Fox mobility via stage size and nice platforms is also a pain.

Not sure which is worse or better. I suck **** on Stadium so I just ban that. Or Rainbow Cruise.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I hate Stadium. I'm alright on FD because I'm usually alright at tech chasing. A lot of the time on Stadium tho, I'll get ****ed over by the stage changes in the worst possible way in every situation. I just get extremely unfortunate every time I play on that stage. If a Fox ever goes RC vs me I'll just go Fox because I'm alright at laser camping/gimping.

I love Yoshis and also am not very good on FoD because most players take it off the random set list so I never get to practice there. If you can memorize the timings of Randall
[for the tens digit, being on the left at even intervals (0,2,4,6) and him on the right side at odd intervals (1,3,5). For the ones digit, Randall goes back into the stage at 0 and comes out of the stage at 5]
then the edgeguards you can get are amazing. You also get to find out if you need to hit them again when they aren't going to make it but will make it if the cloud shows up.

Also for vs Luigi I agree with what Tec0 said. The only thing is listen to what KirbyKaze said a few pages back about Sheik's upair BEATING Luigi's nair.

I'll have videos vs it tomorrow when I play awsmsean. I'll have a mm so the match will actually be played seriously and KK/others can tell me what I can do to perfect the MU more.

I wish me vs HBK was recorded because I feel like that's the perfect way how to play vs Marth on FD. My first 2/3 stocks I did extremely well. I think I messed up which decision to make after a grab like 2 times at MAX.

soap

Smash Hero
fd is a good stage vs faster foxes bc they can string uairs better w/ platforms on bf, ys for early kills. dl and fd are bad if they are campy, dl esp. if they're predictable, ys is perfect bc you can follow up the best, same for fod.
if ur getting consistently uair stringed off the top u need to work on your DI

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm starting to think that D-throw F-tilt is OKAY AGAINST MARTH SORT OF but not as good as the chain grab or dash attack, and the reason is that if you D-throw F-tilt on their DI away and you call their double jump (which they will likely do) and get under with FJ Uair falling Uair they automatically die because then you combo them to death and **** them, which is good, but if they react to your running forward with proper spacing and timing you get nothing so it's like >___>

soap

Smash Hero
I'm starting to think that D-throw F-tilt is OKAY AGAINST MARTH SORT OF but not as good as the chain grab or dash attack, and the reason is that if you D-throw F-tilt on their DI away and you call their double jump (which they will likely do) and get under with FJ Uair falling Uair they automatically die because then you combo them to death and **** them, which is good, but if they react to your running forward with proper spacing and timing you get nothing so it's like >___>
. The marth I play fairs out. I ftilt, wait, regrab.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
ok so how do you do the techs like over did against m2k at pound?

is it c-stick down and control stick down and forward?
or
c-stick down and in and control stick down?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
KK -You can do something similar to peach too.

If you dthrow ftilt peach and they try to nair you immediately to get away from the fair you can at lowish percents land a dash attack, ftilt/uptilt whatever.

Supermatt - I'm guessing you mean double stick teching. In most situations you'll need this for you have to DI down and away. In a sense its like suicidal DI. Then you hit the L/R a moment after you get hit pretty much. C-stick does minimal things to help you actually perform it. It doesn't hurt to use it, but its by no means necessary.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
ok so how do you do the techs like over did against m2k at pound?

is it c-stick down and control stick down and forward?
or
c-stick down and in and control stick down?
Over and Amsah don't use c-stick for their techs against downsmash. They just react and smash the control stick plus R/L. I myself think it's easier with c-stick, and then you have to use the first one you mention here if I'm right

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
C stick down and hold towards the stage. It's way easier than what Over and Amsah do. Also you hit L/R a little BEFORE you get hit....

Tec... ;P

Also, thanks nica. :)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
what am i supposed against puff?

i never play this matchup so i wing it and i kinda just spam bair until i can land a upair.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Incidentally, I don't find spacies terrible on PS either, but I think its a good choice when you really don't know or don't particularly care what to ban.
Yeah, it's definitely not a mistake to ban it. I think that's the default ban when people don't have any personal preference.

You shouldn't be getting upair'd like ever. At least for me, whenever I DI the upthrow to either direction I can always jump out.

edit-
By the way, thanks Sheik boards for posting in this thread. Whether you know it or not this thread has a TON of useful information about matchups and other stuff in general. Even stuff I haven't even gotten around to applying yet. So good stuff everyone

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Just recorded some matches vs Roman. He plays Fox. I meant to do some vs awsmsean's Luigi but he never went Luigi vs me... also I only recorded for 30 mins (every match I'm going to put up is every match we played that got recorded). I only went Sheik for like 6 matches. The rest is Fox/Falco sets. I'm still going to put them up but I won't ask for critiques here.

Spife

Smash Master
Just recorded some matches vs Roman. He plays Fox. I meant to do some vs awsmsean's Luigi but he never went Luigi vs me... also I only recorded for 30 mins (every match I'm going to put up is every match we played that got recorded). I only went Sheik for like 6 matches. The rest is Fox/Falco sets. I'm still going to put them up but I won't ask for critiques here.

spife is sad spife was left out :<

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
How can you own ganon with sheik in pal? I can beat most ganons but I don't really know what I'm doing against them to win, I only found out yesterday that they miss their grab and jab if you crouch for example. What is the standard plan to 4-stock ganons

Top Bottom