• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gords

Smash Champion
at your house babe.

but seriously im staying at the hostel with sam and jaz andddd some others im not entirely sure at the moment but yeah, at the hostel.
Which hostel and what nghts are you staying there for what prices.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll pass Ryan, you can stick to QLD if you like - I'd rather team with someone new like Dekar or Jaz

Tibs, I didn't know you were a Sainter

Sieg

Smash Champion
You may deserve one, but there's a difference between 'deserve' and 'actually winning for once'.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Kas + Anyone = Balanced.

That's hilarious!

If you wanted to balance you'd have Kas + NOBODY.

Browny

Smash Hater
hmmm i wonder if its worth coming. Uni work load does not seem as if it will be as big a problem as I first thought.

ill be blunt. last time i came to melb was dissapointing. there from 8.00am till 7:45pm and I believe I got a grand total of 12 friendlies in that time (5 vs shaya, 3 vs Lycan, 1 vs Nix, 2 FFA's, 1 vs a Ness). Repeatedly kicked off TV's was NOT ON for someone who had to catch a plane there for the first time ever. I would have no issue coming if there was the premise of friendlies all day sat morning till sunday night, any tournaments are a side-event for me.

Some other issues like a doubles partner would have to be sorted (Ant will never spend his money to come lol) and the size of brackets etc too, 16 FTL. I know this sounds pretentious as all hell, but it costs a hell of a lot to fly out for a uni student, I dont intend to be standing around not being able to play smash the majority of the time again :/

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
You're angry over a well run tournament? Go down when there isn't a tournament then.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Anyone who hasn't been to a major hosted by myself is in for a rude awakening.

The Saturday and Sunday will be pretty much be squarely focused on tournaments. There is always the opportunity to Smash outside these windows, in particular, the days leading up to the event and when the venue shuts on the weekend ~ people will take it to their hotel rooms. At Rambo, people set up Smash in the hostel. Additionally, there's always meets at N2C or people's places the Thursday or Friday before a major.

Actually, I can guarantee you that you will have the opportunity to Smash your brains out at N2C the night before the tournament starts.

http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam/schedule.php

If you look at the schedule there will be Melee tournaments on as well. Anytime this happens, there will be some reserves for Brawl setups so you will also be able to friendly there without interruptions.

As for a top 16 DE finals bracket, that's entirely dependent to the size of the turnout, which is why I've set up the sign-up thread. Top 32 is ideal, and we do have the time for it. But I'm a meticulous planner, and planning less is most certainly safer than planning more, given the scale of the event.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
You're angry over a well run tournament? Go down when there isn't a tournament then.
<3
Shaya thinks my tourneys are well-run <333

@CAO's last post because I suck at multi-quoting: I strongly agree, any major run by CAO is defs worth attending. You really don't know what you're missing if you think Rocky won't be worth going.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Im currently accepting applications for a doubles partner...

Who knows could be you DJ?

Browny

Smash Hater
Hmmm...

prospect of endless smash on preceeding days = :bee::bee::bee:

price/ease of being able to stay in melbourne for those extra few nights = ???

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
still haven't figured out where i am staying -,-
any willing hosts.. else what is this dirty smash hostel people stay at?

rising up, back on the streeet, took my time, took my chances... (warming up for rocky)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Rici is committed, looks like we're going to set a BRoom record! <3

NYC's got nothing on us :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Screw Broomers. Screw Smash. Screw Melbourne.

I'm coming. For DOOODGEBAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!:mad:

Edit - hahaha <3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hmmm i wonder if its worth coming. Uni work load does not seem as if it will be as big a problem as I first thought.

ill be blunt. last time i came to melb was dissapointing. there from 8.00am till 7:45pm and I believe I got a grand total of 12 friendlies in that time (5 vs shaya, 3 vs Lycan, 1 vs Nix, 2 FFA's, 1 vs a Ness). Repeatedly kicked off TV's was NOT ON for someone who had to catch a plane there for the first time ever. I would have no issue coming if there was the premise of friendlies all day sat morning till sunday night, any tournaments are a side-event for me.

Some other issues like a doubles partner would have to be sorted (Ant will never spend his money to come lol) and the size of brackets etc too, 16 FTL. I know this sounds pretentious as all hell, but it costs a hell of a lot to fly out for a uni student, I dont intend to be standing around not being able to play smash the majority of the time again :/
dont take this the wrong way dude but nobody is going to cater to your every whim just because you fly down from somewhere (try flying to america for a tourney)
12 friendlys is still quite a few and if your getting upset about being forced to share the matches around then you are NOT ON.

besides most tourneys have a rule where as soon as the bracket actually starts, no friendlys or you are dq'ed.

doubles partners are usually just picked on the day, just show up and find someone big deal, and top 16 is fine.

so no more crying just because you arnt getting vip treatment.

besides, as has already been established, cao is god of TO's

Vermy

Smash Champion
Luke, have i told you lately that i love you? <3

Also, i lol at Tak in that photo ^ looks all sad and emo XD

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i was just about to make a lol post about emo tak, but it seems i was beaten to it. very awesome pic btw.

Sieg

Smash Champion
TBH if you're a uni student and you can't afford to fly to the state over you're just not working hard enough.

Too much time playing Smash and not enough time working your *** off.

I <3 Emo Tak.

Top Bottom