• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I struggle against Olimar and hate him with a passion. Meteors ***** me at Autmnsmash, i still have nightmares.

Splice

Smash Hero
we have an olimar main in melbourne. hes pretty pwn atm, just gets out gayed by mks...

l2 camp with snake ss, cause its the only way to beat oli.
If yout talking about Ledge, he's actually pretty good Vs MKs. He only loses consistently to Earl.
He has more trouble with Wolves. And a certain GaW who 3-stocks him :p

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
cobalt mains d3 if you use snake, marth if you use ness etc etc.

thats why i said he mains counterpick ;)

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
If yout talking about Ledge, he's actually pretty good Vs MKs. He only loses consistently to Earl.
He has more trouble with Wolves. And a certain GaW who 3-stocks him :p
Yeah i have more trouble with wolf then MK atm :(, ill learn it though. :)

@Snake Mains:
Dthrow techchase is good against olis slow roll,
Dash Attack is good to punish olimar from outside his range,
Ftilt nearly has as much range as grab :S and can hit oli even after the pikmin has grabbed because of lack of superarmour.

EDIT: Also if Olimar shields Ftilt and snake tries to Ftilt again, Olimar can do a retreating pivot grab.

Splice

Smash Hero
Yet Earl is pretty much Melbourne's only competent MK main...
Yeah, and the fact that Earl beats Ledge doesnt make it that Ledge is bad against MK. Earls just better than him. So you cant base Ledge not knowing the MU on one person who is better than him anyway. Also we have a few other competent MK mains, don't be mean :(

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Yeah, and the fact that Earl beats Ledge doesnt make it that Ledge is bad against MK. Earls just better than him. So you cant base Ledge not knowing the MU on one person who is better than him anyway. Also we have a few other competent MK mains, don't be mean :(
lol its all good Splice, MK is pretty good vs Olimar as you know, restricts so much of my moveset so i can still get out gayd :p, even though i know it decently.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Thats what I do against Olimars with Snake, Ledge.

It's SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Still not one of snake's easier match ups. Final D is lame.
fd is waaaaay more doable than bf or similar. snake needs room to get around the camping (snake's camping outranges olis on big stages), hates platforms cause of uair combos, and needs to avoid the grab.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Okay, this thread needs to be reigned in a bit. :p

BAM (Battle Arena Melbourne) 2009 has been announced and registration will begin shortly.
http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam

Since you guys all have accounts here and it would be a pain to get everyone to sign up, it's best to do a signup list here. We'll update the signup list on the BAM website regularly.

TOs: are you guys running singles and doubles for both Melee and Brawl? Are there any other comps that people need to register for?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Any other games will be ad hoc if time persists/resources exist.

Anything from Low Tiers, Brawl+, or maybe even n64 games [Where you at DJCAT!?].
None should require pre-registration, nor any I think would incur a registration fee/cut of the pot.

tedeth

Smash Master
Any other games will be ad hoc if time persists/resources exist.

Anything from Low Tiers, Brawl+, or maybe even n64 games [Where you at DJCAT!?].
None should require pre-registration, nor any I think would incur a registration fee/cut of the pot.
Don't you mean if time permits?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Time always persists Shaya. No tricksies from you, tyvm.

The first post has been updated with integrations from the Official BAM website.

Pre-registering? Get cracking.

Splice

Smash Hero
Cao, i know i can go but i dont which day i can go (its likely i will only be able to make one)

Should i still register despite the fact my days of attendance could vary?
Im not certain about anything yet.
doe it matter how close to the "End of Registration" date we register?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yes, registration is recommended to save on entry on the day, as long as you pay before September 30.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys,
Thanks for the signups so far.

A couple of things to remember.
-The $20 entree + $20 pot are specifically if you wish to enter a Smash title. Our other main events have their own additional pot fees. Check them out below.
http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam/events.php
-Please don't list yourselves down as a maybe for an event. So far I've simply ignored 'maybes' in the list. If you're not sure and you're afraid you'll change your mind later, we will ask you when you pay your tournament money on the day, if you want to add/remove anything. That said, people who have prepaid and don't need to change anything will get preference for first in the door.

There is quite a few people entering Melty Blood. Can whoever *cough*Sam*cough* is running it get back to me with these details:
-Is there an entry charge for this game? (recommend no more than $5)
-Where is the equipment coming from? How many setups?
-How long do you think it will need to go for? What is your preference schedule wise?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
A Melty Blood tournament would be freaking amazing. I just realized how awesome that could be LOL

Vermy

Smash Champion
I'm ordering in an Arcade stick offf Playasia so we should be able to use it for Melty. =]

Keyboard and joypads suck for quarter circles.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I've got a stick I'll bring down.

It's of good quality and everyone will love it.

Although keyboard QC ftw.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sieg - You and Sam need to do a Arcade Stick showdown. His is pretty legit as well.

Does anyone in Melbourne have a Camcorder they'd like to lend? I think a montage is in order. BACH/0C2 style

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Still considering whether to attend or not.
Should get around to checking out my uni schedule, dealing with parents etc.

Top Bottom