• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zero

Smash Hero
Ice Climbers, Zero Suit Samus, Pikachu and even Donkey Kong are going to dominate this :/ I really think it should be restricted to true low tier, since the rest have been proven [maybe not DK] to be tourney viable.

Although I do really like the idea of the low tier bonus.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
lol that ice climbers are low tier. i use them in one tourny and come third. lololol

and pikachu too. australia, what are you doing?

Sieg

Smash Champion
turtle for ultimate melee
i can't think of anyone who hates brawl more
Haha, you've never been to Queensland.

Zac or Juggies spirit for Queen of the Melee***s.

I'm making a Zac scarecrow.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Shaya for ultimate brawltard.

Given.

The only issue is that noone will protect him willingly.
That's an issue? :lick:

I would like to see myself on the Melee side of things but I guess I'm seen as one of the people who can be side-switched at CAO's will?

Browny

Smash Hater
I could be ultimate brawltard :p not that I hate melee or anything, just dont play it >_>

i cant tell whether i could come to this for a fair while, all depends on how busy finals weeks of uni are (they will be)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
a) if you want to have a good time, come
b) if you want to regret not coming and eventually kill yourself, don't come

p.s. you do NOT want to regret not coming and eventually kill yourself, therefore option A is prob better imo

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
**Update!**

Dodgeball – Defend the King

Melee***s vs. Brawltards.

To start off, you need to pick which side you identify with (you may only pick one).
But, I'm Bi-Smashual!
I can't just pick one! :(

Low Tier thing sounds good Davey. :)

Booked work off, all good.
Are we road-tripping fellow QLDers/other doyles?
I don't need it, but if heaps want in then hey.

Gords

Smash Champion
Road trip sounds awesome.
You can pick me up on the way through. And while your at it you may as well stop for nandos.
Shotgun the front seat. Unless dungy already has it. Lol

Toby.

Smash Master
so I read half of CAO's post about low tiers, laughed and said something along the lines of 'free monies :D'

Then I noticed that pokemon trainer isn't low tier in australia. Then I remembered that the only reason pokemon trainer isn't low tier is because I already have done what this low tier challenge is trying to support. Ironically, actually using a low tier has made me unable to participate in the low tier challenge.

if only i sucked and could never place well. then I could still use pokemon trainer!

lols. i choo choo choose you, pikachu <3

swordsaint

Smash Master
Cao, I think most people would agree that using the TIER LIST, would be more appropriate than using the Australian, RANKINGS LIST.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I like that Jiggs will be there no matter what <3

I am looking forward to dodgeball.

oh and Melty ;3

S.D

Smash Master
so I read half of CAO's post about low tiers, laughed and said something along the lines of 'free monies :D'

Then I noticed that pokemon trainer isn't low tier in australia. Then I remembered that the only reason pokemon trainer isn't low tier is because I already have done what this low tier challenge is trying to support. Ironically, actually using a low tier has made me unable to participate in the low tier challenge.

if only i sucked and could never place well. then I could still use pokemon trainer!

lols. i choo choo choose you, pikachu <3
I was just thinking the same thought lol.

All the low tier players have moved their low tier characters our of low tier and are no longer viable as low tier characters.

Irony

Toby.

Smash Master
cao your cunning is truly unmatched in the southern hemisphere. but i could never resent the woxy for long :D

and yes, taking a look at the rankings closer to rocky would be better. it will give me time to fail spectacularly enough to drop pt even further.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I love how the low tier bonus represents the fallacy in Shaya's Aussie Tier List XD

Gords

Smash Champion
you have to be behind the driver and in view of the car
DJ was facing north and I have photos. Good enough for me.
Said mainly as an excuse to bring up dungy anyway. It's not like there will be room in the boot, Dorri already Shotgun that.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's not called a tier list for a reason CAO.

At least not a traditional one.

However I do support it being used in this regard, as it does give a good idea of the underused characters in the scene.

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey Cao i noticed you are going off the ALL TIME list for shayas brawl rankings.
Wouldnt it make more sense to go off the current rankings as they show the current metagame/scene of characters, rather then something thats sort of out dated?

I dont mind, i just want to know why you think the All Time list is more appropriate.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
**Update!**

The Low Tier Bonus

If you can’t/won’t tier ***** yourself to victory, you may as well just try your hand in our new low tier stakes. The highest placed exclusively low tier competitor will win the Low Tier Bonus of $100. Sell-outs don’t win everything here!

This bonus applies to the final Double Elimination Bracket only (Not pools). Low Tier eligibility based off Australian Brawl Tournament Data. Eligible Characters: Peach, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Zelda/Sheik, Jigglypuff, Ike, Mario, Yoshi, Samus, Luigi, Link, Captain Falcon, Bowser.

Dodgeball – Defend the King

Melee***s vs. Brawltards.

To start off, you need to pick which side you identify with (you may only pick one). To get team sizes as balanced as possible I may re-distribute players to fit accordingly. If you hate Melee with a passion, rest assured you’ll never be in the Melee team. If you like both games, you are most likely subject to side-switching where I see fit.

Next, we need to assign the ultimate Melee*** and the ultimate Brawltard. They will become your captain or kings, whichever you prefer to identify them as (King Brawltard has a nice ring to it). It is your team’s job to defend the King within the usual limitations of Dodgeball. You may sacrifice yourself to protect your king, but doing so will shrink the size of your team once you are eliminated. If you catch a ball on the full, you eliminate the thrower. Your team loses if the King is hit by a Dodgeball.

This game of Dodgeball is designed to determine which game is better; whichever team wins in a set of three is the better game.
First of all Pika Donkey and IC's are so far away from low tier its not even funny. But i cbf trying to fight it.

Second of all Melee dodgeball team has me and tom. Nuff Said

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
About the Low Tier Bonus:

I'm totally for using the standard Low Tier list, but the bonus is taking a stab at underused characters more so than anything else. So maybe it shouldn't be called a low tier bonus, if people prefer it that way to avoid confusion.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The top 4 characters in the all time list low rank;

Pikachu, Peach, Donkey Kong and Zero Suit are all point wise a noticable gap from those below them, and are also all reasonably high in the real tier list.

On the other hand Ice Climbers are not well developed here, having a very high learning curve to use effectively. So I think anyone having solo usage of them and doing well would be just as deserving as the other lows.

So yeah, remove those top 4 and you have a very nice 'underused australian character' bonus going on.

Toby.

Smash Master
Here's how I see it.

With our rankings list, Cao will win the bonus. It won't support people picking those characters up because anyone not good enough to think they have a chance with their own character definitely wont be able to win against Cao, who mains a character clearly not part of low tier.

Similarly, anyone who already uses those characters will probably have a lot of trouble beating cao, considering the fact that they haven't been able to move their character out of low yet.

But then ice climbers are ****. And I suppose its possible that whoever uses ice climbers keeps getting countered by snakes or somesuch.

So its basically a competition between Cao and the best ice climbers main.

tldr; my money is on cao.

edit: i think ted / ricky would laugh if they heard you say ice climbers are hard to learn. they both picked the grabzors up pretty easily, IIRC.

keep in mind that whilst the grabs take time to master, ice climbers would only really be up against terrible characters. that REALLY takes the pressure off.

Top Bottom