• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
its ok guys i took down 7 in armies in blazblu, dont worry about the 20hours+ of training ive had with feri now, just the 7 down in armies on my first day

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Oct 3-4, it's in the first post. (Someone should really update the thread title.)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
What are the chances of other games aside from Melty being played? (say Guitar Hero or Pokemon Puzzle League)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
It's an event run by Couch Warriors, there will be other tournaments aside from Smash and Melty going on. Expect Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, and so on. Same as Don't Come.

That said, there probably won't be spare TVs for the likes of Puzzle League.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
| Super Smash Bros. Melee | Super Smash Bros. Brawl | Street Fighter 4 | Street Fighter 3rd Strike | Blaz Blue | Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core | Fate: Unlimited Codes | Melty Blood |

C~Dog

Smash Champion
| Super Smash Bros. Melee | Super Smash Bros. Brawl | Street Fighter 4 | Street Fighter 3rd Strike | Blaz Blue | Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core | Fate: Unlimited Codes | Melty Blood | Super Mario Kart

=D

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
| Super Smash Bros. Melee | Super Smash Bros. Brawl | Street Fighter 4 | Street Fighter 3rd Strike | Blaz Blue | Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core | Fate: Unlimited Codes | Melty Blood |
I can't believe I missed this ._.

Anyway, Mario Kart 64 > Super Mario Kart

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
so peaches castle is not banned? fox infinites ftw.

can anyone house 2 canadians and 1 or 2 SA?
best ganon in australia needs team partner, and canadian team is for sure top 3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
thats exactly it shaya, time constraints, each game gets the same amount of time, but unfortunately for brawl, that means they only have enough time for all games to be bo3
but melee is generally shorter so there will be enough time for the end games to be bo5

its ok though, ill beast in blazblu

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Best of three is pathetic in deciding who's going to be winning the a large amount of money in a major tournament.

Sorry meleekids, the ****s got to happen.
organize the tournament yourself or make brawl faster, or magically grant us more time
or dont come (i like that option hey)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay.

Stop talking Redact, I wasn't even addressing you anyway.
Because who are you? Someone who isn't organising the tournament and someone who doesn't even play brawl seriously.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
hey its totally not a public forums yeah, sorry man, thought i could reply here hey
better listen to shaya the rule master magician

also looks like you've been keeping nice track of what happens down here, I've started playing brawl again (though the results are quite a joke)

and you don't even play melee seriously (see what i did there)

also i like it how you called it bias right off the bat, didn't even consider anything else hey
I'm pretty sure it will get changed (or simply could be changed on the day if things are running ahead of time or such) but if your attitude was the determining factor I'd hope it isn't changed.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Best of three is pathetic in deciding who's going to be winning the a large amount of money in a major tournament.

Sorry meleekids, the ****s got to happen.
mmm I'm pretty sure you were, see that quote from you, see how it says meleekids.

redact is a melee kid, therefore you were adressing him, infact you started it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was just returning the favour of "organise the tournament yourself, make brawl faster, etc"
And yes I was aware your jokeful reemergence in the melbourne brawl scene.

'Time on the day' is not acceptable either. It's standard for finals to be best of five. Who cares if I don't play melee seriously (how moronic do you want your trolling argument to go?), I play brawl seriously, and nearly every [grand] final I've seen and been in for several months has been BEST OF FIVE.

Time constraint argument is the biggest load of bull **** I've ever heard. 2 more matches over a maximum of 3-4 sets in one day (unless it was decided to extend the BO5's to semis...) is barely breaking anyones balls.

How about the time constraint argument over someone's idea to have two different games on in the same day sharing TVs, hence having to change games over and the bull **** involved with that?

@Luke:
Original message implied, dingbat lol, see the big "CAO" in it? Maybe you're getting a bit blind in your old age?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
this is gonna sound strange but i agree with shaya here... best of three is not a final by any real standards, espc not those of the biggest tourny in the country.

and provided there arent any planking mks or gay warios in the finals (its ok cause chris doesnt plank and tibs uses diddy), it wont go for too long anyway.

:)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I can make Brawl best of 5. Just don't be surprised if it means Brawl has to be finished in someone's hotel room like Genesis. Brawl sets can take a long time, if the outcome is something like a 2-1 set win from behind with all 5 matches played. But we've got a lot of time in this new venue so don't worry :)

And no Smash 64 for Shaya

Oct 10-11 is likely to be the settled date, btw, confirmations to follow.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
We'll just have to boot plankers in the balls! also I'm probably most likely to come down to this, just need a place to stay ^_^

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I can make Brawl best of 5. Just don't be surprised if it means Brawl has to be finished in someone's hotel room like Genesis. Brawl sets can take a long time, if the outcome is something like a 2-1 set win from behind with all 5 matches played. But we've got a lot of time in this new venue so don't worry :)

And no Smash 64 for Shaya

Oct 10-11 is likely to be the settled date, btw, confirmations to follow.
Nooooo.. what happened to the 3rd/4th

And Cao... Can we have all Melee events Saturday, then all brawl events sunday..

I would like to fly back on Sunday

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I haven't played smash 64 in ages, you know that CAO.

And the reason Genesis ended up in hotel rooms wasn't because of best of five sets.

@Cobalt

I was always better, now the gap is larger ;).

Also, something Redact said piqued my interest enough to have sleeping beauty Shaya come to a conclusion.
It's a national, and it is expected to be highest level, both melee and brawl should have their finals at best of five. As Redact said "if we have time" the sets should be increased to best of five, but "tuff luck shayster; I hope it doesn't happen like that for you, jerkz"; the opposite should be true - FOR BOTH GAMES.
The finals should and NEED to be planned for best of fives, and in the worst case scenarios of humongous misorginisation resulting in time losses that wouldn't allow best of fives, then reduce them to best of three (however any final grand final set should be best of five at the least).

I'm happy this was resolved :D.

Having split days for individual games is -generally- always better.
CAO's approach to keeping the scenez together, when we've discussed in the past that how much better is life when a brawl tournament doesn't have to worry about melee and vice versa (and so many others as well), shows merit...
But... I think a lot more people would be happier with the split rather than them intertwined with each other.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
what the **** happened to 3rd/4th

shaya redact smashed you i lolled

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you said cao but then spun off onto a different message and directed it to melee kids rather then cao, as usual your arguments are convoluted, you also are getting the **** trolled out of you by everyone lol.

however I agreed with you from the start, finals should be best of 5 and there's no (good) reason why they shouldn't be

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
"infact you started it."
I was addressing something to CAO, and then redact and dekar decided to reply to me, I love how factually you put that I started it.
Is this how you saw it?

Not happy with the bias at all meleekids...
There's nothing convoluted about that young chap; everyone got that I was arguing brawl should have best of five finals; use a word appropriately, learn English, etc.

As much as you are correct that I went down a different path talking to the meleekids, I ended it, because hell, I wasn't talking to them IN THE FIRST PLACE. Oh, and because I knew they be trollan.

Top Bottom