• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Did you know I just got 2nd in the Hungarian Tournament Shaya, as Peach?

And IC got first. We're in the process of booting them out of the underused list already :grin:

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
I'm so pumped for rocky. I freak'n love dodgeball.

When is the low tier tourney taking place? Is there going to be melee low tier tourney?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, and the guy who used Ice Climbers solely would get SORELY ***** at rocky.

And just because people can chain grab does not mean that they have a competant Ice Climbers; What a wasted two or so paragraphs toby.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Did anyone else look at that list and just go 'lol' instead of 'OMG THIS IS OUTRAAAAGEOOOUUUUSS!'

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm sure what few Ice Climbers mains there are in Australia are LOLing quite hard right now, including myself.

Although I agree with Shaya, anyone who goes 100% ICs at this is going to get sorely buttraped.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i wont be playing dodgeball since i need a knee reco T_T

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Did you know I just got 2nd in the Hungarian Tournament Shaya, as Peach?

And IC got first. We're in the process of booting them out of the underused list already :grin:
lolol this.

and cao, how many times did i actually chiaingrab you? ics are high tier even without the cg. although i did spend about an hour today mastering this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6NxOssZPbI

i can do it pretty consistently on peach and pit, cause they have similar timings. ill use other grabs on everyone else. be afraid :)

and just for the record i dont claim to main ics, i just use them because the learning curve is freakin massive, and they cover snakes 30:70 matchups (d3 and oli) perfectly :D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
$10 bonus for lowest placing snake or metaknight imo
lololo
"defying the tier list bonus"

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oli is hard for snake sure, I dont know what that is but pretty sure d3 is 60 40 at best but more like 55 45

Attila_

BRoomer
d3 was recently rediscussed, and common consensus is that he is really, really hard to beat with snake. and oli is agreed to be snake's hardest matchup, so is logically worse than d3. it depends on who's figures you go by i suppose.

snake can at least camp against d3, who beats all with approaches. just try camping an olimar, who is even harder to approach...

and oli is defs beaten by the ice climbers, cause desynch blizzard owns all except a perfectly (and i mean perfectly) spaced pivot grab, and sh squall gives him some rather large problems...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I would agree totally with your above statement Attila just not the figures, but that oli sure is ****ed glad no one mains him around here, even still, I have my own ways of dealing with him

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'd hate to break it to you Ricky, but MAINING a character is not the same as "playing on wifi a lot (coz wifi is so kawaii) and then bringing him out at one tournament every six months or so"

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
That argument doesn't work on me. I play wifi like, once a month? lol and everytime I do, it involves legendary pokemon and ROBs the size of Luigi's Mansion.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well you main ness meteor, I would be scared of your oli but since you can beat me with ness and lucas anyway theres really no point, I'd love to see you bring your rob back out too.

Throwback

Smash Lord
By the current rules the winner of winner's will only have 1 chance to win the finals, the same as the winner of loser's. I personally think this is the best system, but I imagine the TO's will want to alter it to the usual 'winner of winner's gets a bs advantage' system.

edit: Actually I'm wrong. It would be more correct to say that the double elimination system hasn't been specified. I'm probably wrong about that, too.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
By the current rules the winner of winner's will only have 1 chance to win the finals, the same as the winner of loser's. I personally think this is the best system, but I imagine the TO's will want to alter it to the usual 'winner of winner's gets a bs advantage' system.

edit: Actually I'm wrong. It would be more correct to say that the double elimination system hasn't been specified. I'm probably wrong about that, too.
It's going to be pools, aimed at six persons each.
With 1/3rds of entrants (hopefully) proceeding to a double elimination bracket. The brackets being aimed at 20 persons.

Normal rules for DE applies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
My intention was to have a top 16 bracket finals bracket - top 2 from 8 pools advancing. Also Deks, we have a long time for Brawl singles. We can stretch it as long as 8 hours if we wanted to, but for the sake of sanity...

Edit - Top 16 bracket assuming we get 50-70 turnout. Any more, than I'll consider top 32.

swordsaint

Smash Master
no body even has any clue i see

i beat meteors everything -else- with snake

meteor beats my snake with olimar

i beat his olimar with metaknight

his ness beats my metaknight

It's all about who gets the first match via a lucky counterpick with us. -_-

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well to be pedantic you just said you beat he's everything with snake but then said he beats your snake with olimar which wouldn't be possible if you beat his everything with snake therefore your first statement is true, nobody has any clue including you.

now this time, before you go off and whatever just try to remember that I'm just messing around with you, and that this is an internet forum and that its really hard when they get inside you.

I LAG

Smash Lord
but scott if you could combine my metaknight skill with your not getting PKT2ed u could beat meteors ness with meta.
also pro tip for snakes if oli shields your f-tilt u can f-tilt again before he can grab u so he has no choice but to roll away and take a dash attack. he could roll behind but thats stupid

Attila_

BRoomer
we have an olimar main in melbourne. hes pretty pwn atm, just gets out gayed by mks...

l2 camp with snake ss, cause its the only way to beat oli.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I fee sad now because neither Luke nor Scoot remember that I main olimar.

Probably because I hardly ever come to anything, but still...

tibs7

Smash Champion
tbh attila isnt the best at camping but he can use he nades really well. i wanna see ted vs attila, he doesnt really like versing wolfs. =)

Attila_

BRoomer
i only camp against mk, gw, d3 and oli, cause im fine with approaching everyone else. camping is boring, and i avoid it wherever possible.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Actually, camping Olimar is somewhat a bad thing to do. His Pikmin throws as a camping move outcamp Snake, so unless you're either lucky or really good at camping and avoiding Olimars Pikmin with your 'nades it's not (normally) a good option.

I've found that if you can, pressuring Olimar is the best option if you can get inside him his defences.

Attila_

BRoomer
olimars pivot grab beats dash attack, ftilt, utilt, dacus and jab. approaching any oli that knows how to pivot grab is a really silly thing to do. read the matchup. camping is really hard, but it kinda has to be done. thats why its snake's worst matchup.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Pikmin>Grenades.

imo, Snake's best and probably only good option is to use the stage against Olimar, with clever use of C4 and stuff. Other than that Snake doesn't have it very well at all.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah its pretty tough with snake, pretty much the only time that I would really think about counterpicking another character.

I really want to see Attila vs ted too, that'd be an interesting match to say the least.

Top Bottom