• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the links

I thought you where talking about jetstar though.

I havent heard very many good things about tiger airways, i hear you get what you paid for. I'd rather spend the extra $11 for the better service jetstar or virgin blue offer.
Sorry, yeah your right. Jetstar is having a sale for the tullamarine thing, but I don't think it falls into the time that BAM runs.

I've used Tiger several times and can recommend it. They are just stricter on some requirements than other carriers.
-Make sure you are there at least an hour before boarding.
-Make sure you check the weight of both your carry on and stored luggage.

I think all carriers end up having extra unstated fees anyway so it's worth keeping that in mind. I know Virgin Blue doesn't weigh your carry on, has a bigger stow away weight limit and let you choose your seat on booking.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
mm if you choose tiger, just read the rules carefully lol

90% of the show "air-ways" is passengers with tiger who don't check in on time or miss a boarding call or bring too much carry on weight etc

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
About time somebody asked this!

Interstate Crew Battles

Crews for both games will only go for 1 - 1.5 hours each and will be an exhibition crew battle between Victoria and other states/combinations. Other states need a contingency of a minimum of 5 players will need an appointed captain to announce the lineup of players before the tournament begins.

Some basic crew battle rules:

- Minimum 5 vs. 5 (Victoria can match any sized interstate contingency - capped out at 8 players)
- Random Neutrals only for both games, 1 stage strike per match applicable.
- Players must be assigned a character before the tournament begins.
- No time limit
- All other standard crews rules apply.

So let's get talking huh? Whose the Melee and Brawl captains of VIC and NSW for starters?

Splice

Smash Hero
I dont wanna be captain, I just want to be on it ^_^

I hope we get to have 8 people.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
A captain would need to have an intimate knowledge of interstate players (particularly NSW, our only real threat), so from a Brawl perspective I'd nominate Tibster <3

And I've always personally liked Redcat to be the Melee Captain if not myself. He sorta has brains

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
A captain would need to have an intimate knowledge of interstate players (particularly NSW, our only real threat), so from a Brawl perspective I'd nominate Tibster <3

And I've always personally liked Redcat to be the Melee Captain if not myself. He sorta has brains
I love every word that Cao says. ^.^

But also, you can have a captain but the team can influenece the captain's decisions so it doesn't really matter all that much since it would be a team decision.

Also Victoria is gonna be the best. =P

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'd say we as a state come to an agreement. The idea of having a captain is only useful because they will publish who gets in. In-game crew-based decisions are made by team consultations - how EdgeGames described it! ;)

D0N

Smash Ace
Crews should be limited to one of each character. No 2 MKs on one crew for example.

Ive played where order was not pre-determined (expect for starters which would be kept secret) so you can counterpick in a sense, but having it ordered doesnt really bother me.

Oh wait, I guess thats standard rules right?

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
Crews for both games will only go for 1 - 1.5 hours each and will be an exhibition crew battle between Victoria and other states/combinations.
A few people, and I aswell, are wondering what combinations mean.
1. If there aren't enough people from one state that they can merge together
or
2. Anyone one can have their own crew, therefore a combination of people.

I ask because ASSUALT wants to participate.
But my understanding is option number 1.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'd say you'd have to most interstate knowledge of anyone at the tournament cao
but i have no objections to captain pretty

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
my good friend feri suggested what i think is the best crew ideas we have ever had

->if this gets run somehow, this shouldn't replace normal crews<-

how about crews where each crew consists of one of each character, 4 stock of each character, vic vs rest

would be 26v26 (however many it is) just 2 crews with 4 stock of every character, or maybe a certian set of characters, would be amazing to see counterpick after counterpick and people being forced to play ******** characters (samus lol)

actually pulling 26 players vs 26 players would be impossible, so other restrictions could apply, but im VERY keen to see something apart from fox, falco, marth vs, fox, marth and falco

otherwise i dont mind capt melb for melee or stuff, just would be amazing to someday see a crew battle of 1 of each character lol, maybe at next cw instead or something? lol

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
my good friend feri suggested what i think is the best crew ideas we have ever had

->if this gets run somehow, this shouldn't replace normal crews<-

how about crews where each crew consists of one of each character, 4 stock of each character, vic vs rest

would be 26v26 (however many it is) just 2 crews with 4 stock of every character, or maybe a certian set of characters, would be amazing to see counterpick after counterpick and people being forced to play ******** characters (samus lol)

actually pulling 26 players vs 26 players would be impossible, so other restrictions could apply, but im VERY keen to see something apart from fox, falco, marth vs, fox, marth and falco

otherwise i dont mind capt melb for melee or stuff, just would be amazing to someday see a crew battle of 1 of each character lol, maybe at next cw instead or something? lol

C~Dog

Smash Champion
=O We should totally do that for brawl.

Imagine Meta Knight be used to ACTUALLY HARD COUNTER SOMEONE FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Calm down kiddies, this kind of crew battle is only feasible in a tournament like OHN7 when there were no singles events. Save the idea for OHN9 perhaps :9

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
About time somebody asked this!

Interstate Crew Battles

Crews for both games will only go for 1 - 1.5 hours each and will be an exhibition crew battle between Victoria and other states/combinations. Other states need a contingency of a minimum of 5 players will need an appointed captain to announce the lineup of players before the tournament begins.

Some basic crew battle rules:

- Minimum 5 vs. 5 (Victoria can match any sized interstate contingency - capped out at 8 players)
- Random Neutrals only for both games, 1 stage strike per match applicable.
- Players must be assigned a character before the tournament begins.
- No time limit
- All other standard crews rules apply.

So let's get talking huh? Whose the Melee and Brawl captains of VIC and NSW for starters?
So does that mean not everyone will get the opportunity to fight in crews?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Correct, the emphasis is on one-off best vs. best exhbition style matches (people spectating).

However, in Comrades 2, we did have a Melbourne A and a Melbourne B team so there is opportunity for the underclass to get in on the action provided they organise themselves to play simultaneously when the main crew battle happens. Anyone with the intention of forming a crew needs to speak to myself personally about it first, to make sure it can fit into the timeslots.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
guys melb is way op, i think even though qld and nsw could field at least 5 each, they need to team up to make it competitive for melb

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If there were less than 8 from NSW, i.e. like 6, we should take a stock bonus over sharing with QLD =)

Imagine, me, having 4 stocks!? that would be like half the melbourne team gone before I lose.

But really, NSW is a very proud and competitive brawl state. We cannot fathom that we aren't the best state in the country, sharing victories with the enemy when we are planning on taking at least half or more of the top 8 in singles isn't ULTIMATE DEVESTATION enuff.

Even though... we may be happy to share our **** with Perth if any show up :p

Top Bottom