• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, Brawl state. Real great title to have. And you don't even have that title lol.

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
chris rules ^^ low tier mains ftw

lets not forget the foreigner crew, we need a token "not australia" competing (for melee)

i'm so excited for rocky!

p.s. my friend from SA is in canberra for a week and really wants to play smash with somebody

Sirias

Smash Champion
Apparently if I say that QLD is a viable state and has the ability to **** other states, and then that all states are even, I get a trolling infraction.
But if Shaya says that QLD is a pointless state - and that's all - he gets nothing.

Right.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I could argue that your post should receive an infraction, Tedeth, based on how my post was and is basically the same as yours.

CBF.

No one good in QLD travels.
No offense, guys that travel lots.

I was going to say a lot but summed up; QLD isn't really that competitive yet, I don't think. At least in comparison to the other states (NSW and VIC). We've had lots of tournaments, though, so that's good. Hopefully we'll pick up our game.

... Meh.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'll get my Jiggly up and running for Rocky Meree. Melee tech here I come!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Out of staters won the crew battle last time I was up there =)

We dismantled the out of state crews at Don't Come.

QLD sux.
thanks to me and sd taking 7 stocks each, where were you?
oh thats right, you were running around trying to fully charge shieldbreaker people, what a scrub.

I love qld, they're great.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
:|

QLD has a great scene, just they're behind the other two eastern seaboard states in number of good players. I'd love to be proved wrong, <3 competition.

And yes, they don't travel (much) either.

We get beaten in melee and brawl though??

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'm not even the best in my state and when I was in QLD the only Queenslander who beat me was Amaterasu.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Talked to Redcat about stuff a touch last night.
Clever fella. :)

OK, for Melee...
Assuming half the Victorian team actually turns up (Comrades 1 remember :p), 10 vs 10 VIC vs All-Stars could be **** amazing.
IF enough decent players come down from QLD though (without giving away who our upcoming stars are, and no its not me and never will be. :ohwell:) I think we could field a heaps strong 4-7 person crew.
But, we don't know whos coming for sure yet anyway SO no point crapping on about it. Wait until the actual day and just go with the flow then. :)
Mods, come down on people that post one liners and **** and not Kas for actually making a thoughtful and worthwhile post. No one liner BS that no caresa about.
I love these people, but first level of Goldeneye I hate reading page after page of crap.

Now lets return to our scheduled program :)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
QLD wins for being the coolest state with the coolest people. Besides Dekar and Cao, QLD have all the cool people and no doubt the best Melee players. Just not a large number of them is all.
I want to live in QLD just to hang out with those guys <3

Hotdog

Smash Lord
QLD wins for being the coolest state with the coolest people. Besides Dekar and Cao, QLD have all the cool people and no doubt the best Melee players. Just not a large number of them is all.
I want to live in QLD just to hang out with those guys <3
Ha, feelin the love <3
Take that NSW and Vic.
QLD to **** them both in Brawl and Melee (and SF4), it's on!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
take what? I agree with jei 100% and thats not just because he's gangsta.

bob's right though, just go with the flow boys, none of this "we're better then you, you suck get *****" stuff, not untill after rocky anyway ;)

but before is just silly, the weakest dogs bark the loudest as they say.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that if you want to save $5 on entry you'll need to pre-pay online through the BAM website before the September 30 deadline.

And the Victorian captains are confirmed as Tibs and CAOTIC.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I think all of nsw will agree to have shaya as brawl captain and SD as melee captain, no?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Haha love the Brawl fanboys.....
lawl, nice assumption bro. If you read a few pages back in the rankings thread you'll find I am quite pro-Melee.

I mentioned Brawl specifically because I cannot honestly say we are the best at both games.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Just looked at the registered list, never realized how many Vic smashers there are o_O

I wanna move down to Vic.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I'm trolling.
Lol.

And lol to getting defensive about being a Brawl fanboy.
SSSIIIGGGHHH.

Anyway.
QLD has all the sexiest smashers.
That's all that counts, I think.

I want to come down to this only because I haven't been to Melbourne.
Ah.
The choices.
Yes or no, so hard. Olol.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I have seen him, actually.
He's not that sexy, but he's pretty sexy. <3

I'm hoping that everyone from now on that says QLD will lose gets infractions for 'Trolling'.
Or else I will lodge a complaint against the mod who infracted me -- NO NAMES.
Ok, no name?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
oooo tec crew represent

-tibs
-attila
-cao
-dekar
-redact
-tak

we'd **** in both games! =D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ah heck, may as well announce it now

ATTENTION:
To accommodate for Attila being in Japan during Rocky, he will still be entered into the tournament but all of his matches will take place over Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, live during the event.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Jinxed will take this with Earl replacing Erick, nicks replacing nay and ally and m2k replacing x and icek

Browny

Smash Hater
So how much is accommodation these days... im still hesistant whether i want to go, pending the costs of actually staying at melb. might creep up to the price of flights >_>

maybe i should read the OP lol

Dekar289

Smash Hero
try the front page browny, but mainly: ask around, ask qld/nswers where they are staying, very cheap to sleep in groups

giggedy

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
And for the record everyone's staying at the Greenhouse, so get a bed there and you're set. :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah you can pre-pay at STIGMA-HYBRID this Saturday! It's the only tournament you can pre-pay in if you wish to couch it up in cash instead of plastic.

Top Bottom