• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Mic_128 and ACCELERATE will be housing with me when I'm not at the Westin or the Greenhouse.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Hey, uh, just out of interest, is the legal stage list correct? Because the rules says that stage striking is done in the order: p1 strikes 1 stage; p2 strikes 2 stages; p1 strikes 1 stage; 1 stage left to play on. However, there are only 4 stages in the neutral/starter category. Is there going to be another stage added, or are we not gonna do stage striking? Cos it only works with an odd number of stages iirc.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Nice pickup. I think I'll be adding in an extra stage to keep the unique stage striking rule in.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Hmm, Pokemon Stadium (Melee) should have be a starter stage...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Gawd I hate that stage (if only because of the stupid ledges). Rest assured it'll not see the light of day :grin:

I'm leaning towards Lylat Cruise.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
NP cao =D

Out of Castle Siege, PS1, Lylat, and Halberd, i only really hate Castle Siege. Any of the others im fine with having, because seeing as how you can strike 2 stages, if you reaaally dont want to play on it, you can just strike it.

Personally, Halberd or Lylat. Tho halberd prolly wont fly seeing as how its super awesome for characters with lots of jumps etc.

Sooo Lylat it is then xDDD

Browny

Smash Hater
I dont see why lylat isnt a neutral lol. slanted stage? so is yoshis. bad edges? FD is almost as bad.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Slanted stages are fine lol, Almost as bad as FD but not quite... I dunno, I always get stuck under Lylat >_> I'd prob choose Lylat > PS1 though, that windmill makes me rage.

tibs7

Smash Champion
caos you realise by doing this you are increasing shaya's chance of winning. whereas ps1 does not. =) music on lylat cruise is amazing and same with pokemon...

Vermy

Smash Champion
Halberd has my vote. You're that well informed of the hazards that if you die by them you're either an idiot or was thrown into it.

Lylat ain't that bad.

PS1 isn't "neutral" the stage changes too much. Castle seige has a walkoff. Thus, D3 banned and imo should be ICs banned unless agreed on by both parties.

tibs7

Smash Champion
if ps1 is not neutral at all then why do they have it in melee?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Melee there are no wall locks/stage infinites. PS1 caters to which ever characters have certain stage advantages that could heavily work in their favour. PS1 has campy areas (rock wall). All other neutrals do not.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol what shine infinite against walls.........anyway, yeah i understand but saying its like not neutral at all is stupid. thats all

and sieg everyone knows that....

Sieg

Smash Champion
lol what shine infinite against walls.........anyway, yeah i understand but saying its like not neutral at all is stupid. thats all

and sieg everyone knows that....
Alright alright, trolling aside.

There's only two places in Melee that you can be shine infinited against in PS and that's either side of the tree and the side of the rock wall.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that you do not jump into that small crevasse during that transformation.

Especially if Peach is in there.

With the platforms set up around that camp spot, it's hard to get in to it anyway, let alone set up an infinite.

The Fire stage is a campers heaven. If you get shine infinited against the tree you're just bad, considering the faster pace of the game.

Those two transformations play like Brawl in a sense.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
the edge acts heaps different in brawl

the windmill acts different in brawl

the roof is even shorter in brawl

stage looks the same but plays differently

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Lylat is a neutral stage. PS1's transformations don't make it neutral. Halberd benefits multi jumpers a lot and is retardly good for Snake, also too many hazards (even if they are really telegraphed.
And whoever suggested Castle siege is an idiot Lol.

PS: Put Lylat in. =)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol Vermy, ICs won't pick Siege voluntarily anyway, no need for an ICs ban. Standoff the first transformation, get homosexually platform gayed second trans, tilting/lipped flatland third trans = get super gayed overall. btw I thought we didn't use the D3 Rule anymore?

In any case, my vote goes to Lylat.

Sieg - I'll prolly book it sometime at the end of next week, PM me before then if you have any concerns.

Splice

Smash Hero
Whhaaaaaaaaaat Lylat? I missed this discussion. :(

Lylats sides tilt up and down thats why you die sometimes, they dont stay in the same place >=(

:( And then theres the whole Space Animals thing (so bad for them) ... Ungh ... I'll be quiet, i guess it did get more votes to be a neutral than Halberd so... [/stagehate]

Heh Cao couldn't help but notice you banned Norfair eheh ... ... typo?:bee: ... [/stagelove]

Cao can i add your MSN? Rocky is big and scary and i need someone to comfort me... And explain things...

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
halberd is not neutral at all, more than anything cause mk can tornado through the bottom against most of the cast with no consequences whatsoever. lylat is the next most neutral stage, the tilt is only slight and signposted heaps; more neutral than yoshi's imo.

Attila used it as a cp in July. Vids are on Stigma-B's youtube.
i tried it out cause i thought it might work, and i ended up getting stage *****. gg. notice how i havent picked it again... at all?

and out of interest, i didnt get the chance to ask on sat, whats the chance of getting me a tshirt before i nick off?

tibs7

Smash Champion
attila almost everytime i play you on lylat, i upb into that **** ledge. its worse than what people say it is. this stage will make mk,snake,marth,wario better. bad diddy stage ughh...=(

PS14LYFYO

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
both in syd and last stigma that didnt happen, tibor...

ps1 has walls and is outrageously campy... not even close to being neutral.

tedeth

Smash Master
attila almost everytime i play you on lylat, i upb into that **** ledge. its worse than what people say it is. this stage will make mk,snake,marth,wario better. bad diddy stage ughh...=(

PS14LYFYO
Oh no! A stage on the neutral list that isn't good for Diddy! :p

Lylat is like, wolf's worst stage, but I think it's more neutral than PS1.

Top Bottom