• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sirias

Smash Champion
You should be more like me.
Not give a crud if you don't play, because smash is gay!
C:
HOORAY~

Edit:

Wait, that doesn't work.
Not give a crud if you don't play, because smash is the bad kind of gay.
There we go.

Gords

Smash Champion
Cant wait for this.
However i would like to go down a few days before the events and see the sites, catch up with the melbourne scene for some pre tourney meets and gatherings.
for this though i will need someone to be able to host me for some of the time I am down there.

I am planing to fly down either the tuesday or wednesday before rocky and will need accomadation for at least till thursday night. I maybe staying at the hostel for the weekend to be close to the venue and to catch up socailise with others but am not sure yet till I get all the details and finalise plans for earlier in the week.
I would also like to return to sydney either the monday or tuesday after rocky and if i can get hosted for the monday night if needed that would be great also.
Is someone able to help me out.

Also are there any plans happening for thursday or friday? what other things could we dop early week as well?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
there will be heaps of stuff happening before tourney for sure

need to make a hosting thread imo... who can hoist, how many, when etc

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Need to make an emo Tak thread imo, thats how we'll hook us some lady smashers/hookers

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
And thanks yall for the signups on the Rocky Signup thread. Now that I'm pretty certain we're breaking 80+ people for this event, we can expect a total prize pool of $1700 (inc. Underused bonus).

No other Smash Tournament in Australian history has come close to paying out this much.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont worry scabe, I care, they'll be like "rofl look at this scrub who uses link?" and then you'll lay the smackdown.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Lol. Unfortunately he left Link behind and picked up MK. But last time i played his Link (about 3 months ago) he 3 stocked me. Sooooooooo technical.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Then Earl will step in and show you what a real Link looks like.

[/trashtalk]
oh yeah, dont make me call toby

ooo thats harshe, jk vermy I <3 you (see that DJB? SEE IT!!!?)
nah scabes link in ****ing amazing, it lives longer then snake.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Luke, you're lucky I <3 you, or that witty banter would have gotten you in deep doody.

Toby and I are PokéBros. ^.^
Haven't you seen our sigs?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I havnt seen yours but I have seen his and its heaps ****ing good, you did a really great job on it.
if toby is your bro you have to call him broby, its the new thing I'm trying to spread around ;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I called him proby in america alot and the it became probe's and then there were lots of gay jokes made.

well actually only a few but who doesnt like to exagurate from time to time?

thanks for your help yesterday zero, I've got it all figured out now ;)

Sirias

Smash Champion
$1700 for both?
how much for melee alone, half? or less than half
if i come to this i could always win back my flight and accommodation money usages... mayhaps
ahhh but i doubt id get in top 3 brawl with ike or peach (or fox) - i should pick up some high tier character
like flaco
might take up flaco
anyway zzz gotta go BEACH TYMZZZ

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Jetstar has Sydney to Melbourne flights right now one way $28 to promote that they now fly to Tullamarine (hooray) rather than Avalon (boo).

Gords

Smash Champion
could you please provide a link to the page, as I cant find anything on the jetstar site saying anything about flights for $28

the cheapest I can find is tuesday oct 6 syd - mel (Tullamarine) for $49
and for going the other way
monday oct 12 mel (Tullamarine) - syd for $99 or wednesday for $79
otherwise all other flights are to/from Avalon with most flights at $39

Gords

Smash Champion
Thanks for the links

Jetstar has Sydney to Melbourne flights right now one way $28 to promote that they now fly to Tullamarine (hooray) rather than Avalon (boo).
I thought you where talking about jetstar though.

I havent heard very many good things about tiger airways, i hear you get what you paid for. I'd rather spend the extra $11 for the better service jetstar or virgin blue offer.

Top Bottom