• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Lol, I'm WOOOOOOORLDS better in every aspect now than I was in 2009, only further supporting how little you know about me, Falco, and this game as a whole.

My technical skill ISN'T good. I make a PLETHORA of technical mistakes in EVERY match. It's not consistent enough to do the things I want to on a consistent basis.

Umbreon, you really need to just keep your mouth shut about anything Falco related.

D

Deleted member

Lol, I'm WOOOOOOORLDS better in every aspect now than I was in 2009, only further supporting how little you know about me, Falco, and this game as a whole.

My technical skill ISN'T good. I make a PLETHORA of technical mistakes in EVERY match. It's not consistent enough to do the things I want to on a consistent basis.

Umbreon, you really need to just keep your mouth shut about anything Falco related.
sure. stay free.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107229

get ***** by my past.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Why do you keep posting vids asking for advice?

I can't remember that you took a critique without flaming the person who gave it.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
to be fair tho umbreons criticism wasn't very helpful lol.
it was pretty much saying that he's terrible.

mers

Smash Ace
@Rubyiris:

People who are better than you know more about this game than you. I think you should accept the critiques that they give you, because they are clearly more qualified than you.

If you think the people who have been critiquing you are worse than you, why the **** are you asking them for help? If you're better, you should be able to do a better job on your own.

Ignore people who you think aren't good enough to help, and accept the advice of people who are good enough. Only you can choose whose advice to listen to. Obviously you've chosen to ignore just about everyone, but that's your own deal.

And quit being such a ****ing whiny-*** little ***** about it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Why do you keep posting vids asking for advice?

I can't remember that you took a critique without flaming the person who gave it.
I can. You just have selective memory because you hate me. Maybe if you payed better attention you would notice that I do take critique.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
sup guys?

you should stop talking about rubyiris. this is obviously what he wants.

start focusing on the falco ditto. what kind of DI does it take to get out of combos, etc

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
@Rubyiris:

People who are better than you know more about this game than you. I think you should accept the critiques that they give you, because they are clearly more qualified than you.

If you think the people who have been critiquing you are worse than you, why the **** are you asking them for help? If you're better, you should be able to do a better job on your own.

Ignore people who you think aren't good enough to help, and accept the advice of people who are good enough. Only you can choose whose advice to listen to. Obviously you've chosen to ignore just about everyone, but that's your own deal.

And quit being such a ****ing whiny-*** little ***** about it.
Let me ask you a question; Why was this even brought up? I haven't refused critique in the last two months, and people aren't even GIVING me critique for the videos I posted recently.

I'm not whining about anything. All I'm doing is calling umbreon a moron, and saying that I think Sion's falco is bad. Neither of those are relevant to me, or critique.

@umbreon: That post holds no water to me. Please keep trying, kiddo.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
:p Ruby, if you don't like to argue, just don't respond to those who you think have ill-will towrds you. I mentioned that when you have some new vids up that you think showcase where you are, then you should post on my page or something and I will give you some input. Does that sound fair?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
how do you not feel delusional calling a falco that places at a national bad

right now you're on this 'hulked out hate everyone DGAF i'm always right' train

but give it some time..you'll wonder if it was worth making the community not like you as a whole

-__-

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
I see this thread is still being stuffed with ******ry today

m2k and peepee need to start dropping some hammers up in this *****

Ryan-K

Smash Master
wow i was the first reply in that thread

old school

on MARTH:

people seem to forget he has a ****ty shield especially on top. after his shield takes a few hits if he's in a position where he can't do anything but shield you can literally just aim dairs at his head and he will get hit

D

Deleted member

good marths don't shield

to be fair tho umbreons criticism wasn't very helpful lol.
it was pretty much saying that he's terrible.
actually, my advice is probably the best he's gotten. being told what not to do over and over eliminates things that don't work and at the end only leaves things that do work. I told him why he sucks, so eliminating those problems one at a time given his technical proficiency is probably the best way for him to learn. as a side note, this teaching technique works really well in brawl too, since "technical proficiency" is so much easier to achieve. when you want to teach someone, you must first determine what teaching method will be most effective. this is why i agreed to teach you pokemon under the stipulation that you continue to use lanturn, so you'll understand why everyone else is telling you not to now.

I have a reputation as an excellent teacher. don't blow me off so quickly.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
how do you not feel delusional calling a falco that places at a national bad

right now you're on this 'hulked out hate everyone DGAF i'm always right' train

but give it some time..you'll wonder if it was worth making the community not like you as a whole

-__-
people should learn to push l+a when sion does a high dair, since, well, thats his entire metagame.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
good marths don't shield

actually, my advice is probably the best he's gotten. being told what not to do over and over eliminates things that don't work and at the end only leaves things that do work. I told him why he sucks, so eliminating those problems one at a time given his technical proficiency is probably the best way for him to learn. as a side note, this teaching technique works really well in brawl too, since "technical proficiency" is so much easier to achieve. when you want to teach someone, you must first determine what teaching method will be most effective. this is why i agreed to teach you pokemon under the stipulation that you continue to use lanturn, so you'll understand why everyone else is telling you not to now.

I have a reputation as an excellent teacher. don't blow me off so quickly.
you didnt give me any advice. you incorrectly analyzed my videos and obviously don't know anything about falco if you think i "play exactly the same".

you're a joke and you prove it with each and every post you make. you know nothing about falco. stop trying to act like you do.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yo im gonna try to be ruby for a second here.

Hey ******s. Here's a video of me. I'm ****ing amazing compared to where I was 3 days ago and dont ****ing ever begin to question it.

critique it. you probably wont because all will happen is jpobs will start some ****. Yes, jpobs is a huge ****** and i hate him because he's starting **** all the time.

...did i win?!

Palpi

Smash Hero
yo im gonna try to be ruby for a second here.

Hey ******s. Here's a video of me. I'm ****ing amazing compared to where I was 3 days ago and dont ****ing ever begin to question it.

critique it. you probably wont because all will happen is jpobs will start some ****. Yes, jpobs is a huge ****** and i hate him because he's starting **** all the time.

...did i win?!
Me and you...lets be best friends. Like..right now. :awesome:

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
So much hate in this thread D':

to try and stay on track, I am having a really, unreasonably hard time with falco v. floaties. So much so I just go fox >.> Any words of advice? My main problem is I can't seem to combo them worth ****. I just decided if I end up falco v floaty to just dair them like there is no tomorrow.

mers

Smash Ace

to try and stay on track, I am having a really, unreasonably hard time with falco v. floaties. So much so I just go fox >.> Any words of advice? My main problem is I can't seem to combo them worth ****. I just decided if I end up falco v floaty to just dair them like there is no tomorrow.
That works surprisingly well. All-dair combos are the best. If you can end one on a platform so you can fsmash/dsmash their tech choice its even better.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Try using Up-tilt at low percent in replace of shine, because on really floaty character, you can usually only get 1 aerial after a shine...if there is no help from a platform.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yeah dair ***** cause it combos into dair and that combos into tech chase dair

also against a lot of floaties you can run around and bair them a lot. but if that's gonna be your strategy you might as well go fox so... idk.

falco v floaties is a lot of biding your time and lasering and bairing and stuff. if you're trying to play them like they're fast fallers you'll have a rough time, so just learn to approach the matchups differently.

@Palpi k :3

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Wow, never even thought to do that

::bows:: good ****.

I still feel like it's more fun to be fox against floaters. Luigi is such an *******.

EDIT - holy **** like four replies in the time it took me to write this.

Falco mains puttin in work

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yeah utilt > shine but more dairs > utilt a lot of the time. something like dair -> utilt -> lots of dairs is good smoetimes.

mango is smarter than us so he uses dtilts but i dont understand how to make that work, i always just die. might wanna try it out though?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
learning to dtilt ppl on the fly when they think they're smart and sdi your dairs is ****.

also, fox > falco for floaties. If you have a competent pocket fox, you might as well use him. puff and peach are free for fox imo.

unless ur PP in which case u doesn't afraid of anything.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i like dair > grab better vs floaties.

@jpobs:

It's not always the case. It depends on person to person. there are players out there that have significantly more fox experience. It really comes down to a comfort thing.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
learning to dtilt ppl on the fly when they think they're smart and sdi your dairs is ****.

also, fox > falco for floaties. If you have a competent pocket fox, you might as well use him. puff and peach are free for fox imo.

Free for fox? Sure the matchup is slightly Fox advantage.. but matchups mean nothing in tournament play. Anything can happen.

meatpopsicle

Smash Apprentice

I don't know if I agree with the whole D-air is **** mentality. It's a damn good move but you need to change it up sometimes, most significantly when the floaties get to higher percentages. I see a lot of Falcos D-air when they could have N-aired for the kill, for example.

And be careful not to overextend your combos. When you contest a floaty character in the air and lose, Falco tends to get *****.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

So true. Im that dude who be getting dtilted tho lol. I need to get some massive SDI so I can get away from the bull****.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I don't know if I agree with the whole D-air is **** mentality. It's a damn good move but you need to change it up sometimes, most significantly when the floaties get to higher percentages. I see a lot of Falcos D-air when they could have N-aired for the kill, for example.

And be careful not to overextend your combos. When you contest a floaty character in the air and lose, Falco tends to get *****.
Nope, dair is the best move choice 100% of the time with falco. Why would you do anything but dair? I mean, have you SEEN DrPP's combo video? Best falco player's combo video should be our guide on how to play falco.

:awesome:

Top Bottom