• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judo777

Smash Master
K Prime

You can buffer dash is your GR someone? Then why can't Sheik BDACUS MK out of GR? Also if I dash too soon out of GR for a normal DACUS the dash doesn't come out (and i don't mean before the normal buffer window I mean if I'm like 3 frames early it won't come out.

Yikarur

Smash Master
but.. you can? and yes it doesn't come out because if you hold forward when the buffer window ends you'll walk.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
you guys are so bad.
100000000000% this rofl ._.

Just so you know, you cant buffer moves, if the move you want to do, already cancels the animation you actually do.

So, as WALKING can be canceled with everything, you can't buffer anything out of it.
As Shielding & Shield Drop can be canceled via Jump, you can't buffer jump out of it.
As Shield Drop cant be canceled with anything except jump, you can buffer anything except jump.

You can SHDL Bdacus in the other direction, you just need a different buffer input.
It's back down back dash-attack upsmash. With the back-down-back input you can actually buffer dash in the other direction, even though it's a stupid input.

I've only done it once :/

Correct if I'm wrong with my post, but the general idea with the buffer is correct.

So yes, you can buffer Dash (anythin) out of grab releases...

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I wasn't talking about buffering FROM a dash. Obviously you can do that, there are like 100 things in Brawl that use it. You CAN NOT buffer anything out of shield except for (apparently) a dash in the direction you are facing. For clarity's sake:
Technically trying to buffer a dash oos will make you roll, but from shield drop as Prime mentioned you should be able to do so. You stated attempting to buffer a dash causes you to walk (or as others mentioned it looks like nothing happened which means you probably buffered a single step), as I mentioned this is a common mistake from an incorrect buffer. Another common mistake is shielding when you mean to grab. Usually if either of these happen its because you attempted to buffer too late and where hold a button through the buffer window.

Remember most buffered moves must be released before the buffer window ends! Everything must return to neutral. If youre holding any button or direction through the buffer window youll probably buffer shield or a step.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You can cancel your shield drop by jumping?

I guess it doesn't change anything, but, I didn't think you could cancel a shield drop with anything.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"Cancel" isn't the right word for it. I'm pretty sure whoever said that actually meant to say "skipping".

:059:

Judo777

Smash Master
you guys are POSTITVE you can buffer a dash out of GR? If so BDACUS out of GR should be possible and I'm fairly sure it isn't.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I'm 100% sure you can. When I first found out about BDACUS I made a vid for it.

[yt]yjP7cttbRBg[/yt]

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
if Yikarur GIMR Kprime Lux or in general most people in the smashlab post something that's frame related it is almost always correct

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
What do you know? With this Alexander Skarsgard avi...smh
I know that my avatar isn't of alexander skarsgard ... whoever that is.

Oh lololol he's on true blood.
i find that hilarious.
especially since they look nothing alike.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Tornado is one of those things some Marth mains ****, and others get ***** by.

I happen to be the former.
Once M2K realises you aren't going to fall for his tornado ****.
He starts using glide attack.

No, not shuttle loop, because he's aware that well spaced moves aren't punished by it.
He'll just set up a glide attack and **** every single option you have.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah counter is good and all but then M2K just cancels it and dash grabs you.
The sheer potency of it outranging everything, having little to no ending lag, and allowing him to be extremely mobile (cross overs, going above/below you, etc) is stupid.

Also counter will whiff a well spaced glide attack.

MK's glide attack beats everything in the air and on the ground.
It's start up from the ground (jump to it) is quicker than tornado. Tornado is the easy-mode of MK, but the use of glide attack requires more technical finesse but also comes with twice the ****, pretty much.

Tornado is still more effect against the likes of fatties though.
Generally though M2K would love to glide attack your shield once and then start tornado pressure for the near guaranteed poke (against the fatties). Glide attack pressure mixed in with the cancels to grabs, tilts, rolls, dsmashes, well spaced aerials, etc etc. Tornado you just shield the start of it and spot dodge the end for a dash to free punish. There is no consistency available in punishing mk gliding mechanics with any character other than maybe ZSS dsmash (MK can aim the glide attack to hit your head though...), diddy bananas + fair (prep time issues), and some snake hax (prep time issues)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
good think DK can just punch through EVERYTHING.

tornado isn't even THAT bad on DK even though it ***** him the worst (him or D3 though).

it's the fact that his f-tilt out ranges our f-tilt. which is really dumb

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Glide attack outranges jab and while it comes out 1 frame before, that requires you to successfully read he will actually be glide attacking rather than abusing the cancel into ****** you option.

D

Deleted member

if Yikarur GIMR Kprime Lux or in general most people in the smashlab post something that's frame related it is almost always correct
I've seen Smash Lab members disagree a couple times on the invincibility frames of Wolf's shine, so yeah...not always the case.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
M2K would see you starting to punch and just cancel the glide attack into something sexy like a forward roll or just jump away tornado/air dodge.

Just saiyan.
Themoreyouknow.jpg

I am going to start learning to use my glide attaaaack :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom