• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's not only about the placing but also who he beat. He took sets off Holms, Kain and Fino who are all challenging opponents and play characters that Marth doesn't have an advantage against. Maybe in other regions that wouldn't be enough to place 3rd/~70 but it's still a very respectable achievement for a player that a lot of people have already discarded as nothing more than a theoryfighter.

:059:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
He also beat MJG, which is only slight advantage Marth. (Assuming he played Tink, didn't see that set)

Oh, and beating Ally's ICs and nearly beating his MK is also very solid.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
One of the reasons I think most "self-made" tier lists of the users here are almost destined to be bad is the fact that there's nobody has a really solid grasp on *every single* character making a solo-effort inevitably inaccurate. So for "my" tier list I simply assign the characters I'm really sure about into certain tears, deliberately leaving out characters I don't know enough or am unsure about. They aren't even necessarily in order within their tiers.

S: :metaknight: :diddy: :snake:
A: :falco: :popo: :olimar:
B: :marth: :fox: :pikachu2: :dedede:
C: :gw: :lucario: :toonlink:
D: :dk2: :kirby2:
E: :ike: :sonic: :yoshi2: :luigi2: :pt:
F: :mario2: :ness2: :lucas: :link2:
G: :bowser2: :zelda: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
H: :falcon: :ganondorf:

Undecided one's are "between" tiers: Wario between A/B; Pit, Wolf and ZSS between B/C; ROB and Sheik between C/D;
And yes, I think MK doesn't deserve his own tier - I honestly believe he loses to Fox, whereas I'm not sure about Snake losing more match-ups than that [inb4Orion tells me how Snake sucks and you should never lose if you don't mess up].

D

Deleted member

Seagull has mained both for as long as I remember, but he almost always goes mostly Wolf.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah going MK vs Wario instead of Wolf is the right thing to do. That MU sucks lol.

While it's true that Brainshock wasn't very stacked with national level talent, Pierce played VERY well to get to 3rd. Watching him on livestream was legit. If he could play like that all of the time, Marth would almost look top 3.

BSP

Smash Legend
gheb, have you seen MK's success compared to everyone else so far?

IMO he needs a second S

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm curious on Gheb's placements for Pit and Sheik. I wonder what the reasons are for him rating those two so highly.

D

Deleted member

Gheb loves the Japanese Brawl tourney scene and keeps up with it religiously.

Go from there.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
gheb, have you seen MK's success compared to everyone else so far?

IMO he needs a second S
Success is also always based on the players. You act as if "MK's success" was an absolute thing when in actuality it's not. The USA has a high density of talanted players using MK [much more than say Diddy Kong, Snake or ICs], nothing more and nothing less. We all have different interpretations of this.

I'm curious on Gheb's placements for Pit and Sheik. I wonder what the reasons are for him rating those two so highly.
Highly? I don't see how I placed either of them particularly high. What exactly makes you think this?

Gheb loves the Japanese Brawl tourney scene and keeps up with it religiously.

Go from there.
Alright, let me draw the line here. There's a difference between taking the Japanese metagame into [much] stronger consideration [which is what I'm doing] and being unable to consider anything else [which is what I'm not doing]. I'm not following their metagame because it's "cool" or "indy" to do but because there's a lot of things to be learned and a lot of you people would greatly benefit from freeing your minds from its limit and choose to broaden your horizon. I still acknowledge and consider american and european results.

You are the one's that can't see *anything other* than the US tourney scene [although you conveniently use EU results when it comes to Marth]. In the same hand I could claim that you guys follow the US tourney scene religiously. I'm not the one turning blind eyes to everything else though.

Steam

Smash Hero
I just think US stuff should only apply to our tier list because it's its own metagame and the EU and Japanese ones don't really interact with it. There can be separate tier lists...

:phone:

I just think US stuff should only apply to our tier list because it's its own metagame and the EU and Japanese ones don't really interact with it. There can be separate tier lists...

Players pay a relative importance to the judgements regarding the list. Would you be against the results of any "foreign" players when they take spots in tournaments here?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Highly? I don't see how I placed either of them particularly high. What exactly makes you think this?
Eh, just seeing Pit on equal footing or superior to Lucario and Toon Link just feels off to me. As is Sheik alongside Donkey Kong, but that jump doesn't seem as evident as the Pit jump, but w/e.

Where would Peach go on that list of yours? She's the one character you left out.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes, there *can* be but I don't see how it's benefitial to ignore results just because they're foreign. You're basically arguing under the assumption that regions other than the US are not playing to win as much as you do, which is absolutely not true [at least in Japan's case].
Calling it a "different metagame" sounds like a pretty weak excuse to me in the face of these facts because the word "different" doesn't imply anything that makes their results inherently less viable. I don't really see the benefit in the trade between strong indications that you may not see right away from your point of view and a preferrence for your domestic scene that seems based more on attitude and sentiment than on logic and rationality.

Edit @Sonic Storm

I'd probably put Peach in the lower part of C-Tier.
Sheik is OK ... she's quite an unpleasant match-up for Falco and Wario and has a legit shot at beating Olimar and Diddy, Snake being a bit more debatable imo. All in all that's a pretty strong basis for ambitions towards a breath of viability, something she does share with Toon Link, Lucario and GW but she's clearly ahead on in comparison to DK and Kirby.

Steam

Smash Hero
Okay, then how should we start working Brazilian results into the tier list? :/

I only think they should be separate because they don't interact with each other enough and are more or less kept separate anyways by oceans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom