• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Okay, then how should we start working Brazilian results into the tier list? :/

I only think they should be separate because they don't interact with each other enough and are more or less kept separate anyways by oceans

:phone:
Enough for what?

Steam

Smash Hero
Enough to gauge how their results should be weighed vs. Other regions. You could just as easily cite brazil instead of Japan... And while IMO Japan is better than brazil it's still running on assumptions

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Enough to gauge how their results should be weighed vs. Other regions. You could just as easily cite brazil instead of Japan... And while IMO Japan is better than brazil it's still running on assumptions

What makes those results less important than those from the US?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
inb4 nothing is important or everything is equally important

Steam

Smash Hero
It doesn't. But what makes Japan's better than Brazil's? We can't accurately assess every scene so we can't really know how to use them. And weighing them all equally is a bad idea for a number of reasons. That's why I think it's best to stick with multiple tier lists... It gets rid of this problem...

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
It doesn't. But what makes Japan's better than Brazil's? We can't accurately assess every scene so we can't really know how to use them. And weighing them all equally is a bad idea for a number of regions. That's why I think it's best to stick with multiple tier lists... It gets rid of this problem...

If anything Apex has proven that we cannot underestimate Japan and that their skill equals or exceeds yours. The importance of their results might be greater than yours.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
If anything Apex has proven that we cannot underestimate Japan and that their skill equals or exceeds yours. The importance of their results might be greater than yours.

with the personal insult!

-3 cool points

Steam

Smash Hero
@ripple- yeah pretty much as long as they're isolated

@jumpman- Its one tourney, but it was pretty showing, and their results in it should definitely be considered. Though we don't mix enough for results just be openly used. I personally think Japan is roughly equal to the us. But that's just my opinion.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Until you Wake up and see the cold hearted truth that Meta knight is sitting next to wolf...
I won one match with Mk. Just one. Everyone went Pikachu vs me at least once (Beat all of them with Wolf). I only won with Mk one round in winner's finals vs Blue Rogue's Wario.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I do agree with Gheb that we should consider other countries. Regardless of what anyone wants to assume of player skill and such, which is mostly theory, everyone is equal in opinion and representation, no one should be excluded due to location.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I do agree with Gheb that we should consider other countries. Regardless of what anyone wants to assume of player skill and such, which is mostly theory, everyone is equal in opinion and representation, no one should be excluded due to location.
To me, it has nothing to do with difference in player skill as much as difference in mindset and ruleset...there is a point where you're no longer comparing apples to apples and the differences affect character choices/how sets play out and thus change the MU ratios. IMO, Japan is too different in both areas.

The fact that we can't ask them about anything doesn't help either.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Some native-Japanese speakers speak English and some native-English speakers speak Japanese. Regardless, translators allow limited communications on both fronts.
Too limited. I remember one guy on Smashboards who was in Japan for a while, but that's about it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
good to know. I've only taken 1 yeah. didn't actually learn that for some reason. just guessed

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

archer.

Smash Lord
Japanese is easy at first (or at least it was for me). Once I got past the first year though it got a lot harder.

archer.

Smash Lord
I mean the grammar itself isn't that hard once you get used to all of its intricacies, and learning new phrases and such comes pretty easily. It's mostly the kanji (you know, the ridiculous amounts of it) that gets me.

D

Deleted member

I wanted to learn Japanese, but then I realized I sucked with learning foreign languages.
Same here.

I took two years of Japanese and it was easy the first year, but by the end of that second year, I was struggling. It just got too difficult and I lost the confidence to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom