• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
It's a shame many of us never got to meet him. It seems you and the other AZ guys were very fortunate to get to know him.

And thanks again lol, like I said, he's driving me to use Ylink and I didn't know anything about him till now.

YLinks for Pound 5, let's do itttt.
I plan on going Young Link for a majority of Pound. In MM's.

I'll mix it up in tourney play though.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
POUND5 I want to learn things I didn't know if I fight a marth I will **** you in pools. I want to f*** up H-box and place. I'm mentally training and playing against everyone I can right now. I understand the odds better than you think but I believe and that changes the odds more than picking sheik. I will make out of pools I want to make midwest proud for once.
o**** ICG gettin' off!!

go get em.

Brookman

Smash Hero
For anyone concerned with the bottom end of the tier, I think its simply a matter of potential.

I mean, what do any of the low/bottom characters offer beyond the high end characters potential?

What can GW do in a tournament?? (serious question) No one knows cause no GW have ever performed well. I know I've lost to my fair share [ OBM, Dire ;) ] of GW back in 06-07 but I can't see a reason to select him over fox. As far as the competitive game is concerned these characters are, very literally, negrigibr.

Wo1f

Smash Apprentice
Luigi should be moved down.
Sheik should switch with Falco.
I'm surprised Marth isn't top tier. I guess that means nobody can call me gay for using him anymore :D

Doc King

Smash Lord
Falco is pretty good against Fox, and I think Falco is overall better than Sheik because of his insane combos.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
the fox falco matchup is basically too close to call, that's why when people say falco > fox in the matchup, i disagree, they both jsut need to know the matchup properly.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Overall, it's a pretty even matchup, while Falco can chainthrow, piller, and combo Fox to death, Fox can combo, edge guard, and gimp Falco to death.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
the fox falco matchup is basically too close to call, that's why when people say falco > fox in the matchup, i disagree, they both jsut need to know the matchup properly.
Of course, the only reason why falco players win more than fox players is because it just so happens that coincidentally the falco players know the matchup while the fox players don't :rolleyes:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
falco players dont win more often than fox players, unless you're talking about friendlies.

the only reason i think a lot of fox players give the edge to falco is because its easier technically to do falco's stuff while fox's stuff takes a lot more technical precision so foxes are given more opportunity to make mistakes.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Of course, the only reason why falco players win more than fox players is because it just so happens that coincidentally the falco players know the matchup while the fox players don't :rolleyes:
the falco player doesn't know the matchup more, falco is just easier to use in this matchup over fox. [hence my first post saying 'people mix up better with easier'] therefore, less MU knowledge is needed for falco over fox. falco doesn't have to change procedure too much besides not getting shine gimped. Fox now has to deal with lasers destroying his normal approach. They also can easily combo eachother to death, it's just easier to do as falco.

therefore, if they both knew the matchup properly, it would be more balanced. It'd even be balanced if the fox knew the matchup more than the falco. that's what i mean in terms of easiness.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
the falco player doesn't know the matchup more, falco is just easier to use in this matchup over fox. [hence my first post saying 'people mix up better with easier'] therefore, less MU knowledge is needed for falco over fox. falco doesn't have to change procedure too much besides not getting shine gimped. Fox now has to deal with lasers destroying his normal approach. They also can easily combo eachother to death, it's just easier to do as falco.

therefore, if they both knew the matchup properly, it would be more balanced. It'd even be balanced if the fox knew the matchup more than the falco. that's what i mean in terms of easiness.
So what youre saying is that Falco has an advantage over Fox?

Doc King

Smash Lord
I would say its just even, Fox can do intense stuff along with Falco in this matchup.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So what youre saying is that Falco has an advantage over Fox?
Lmao. when I read that my initial reaction was very similar to yours lol.

@trahh-I dont think it matters that falco is a bit easier to work with technically. Technical foxes, ones that compete with technical falcos, do not require any super human level of master.. At high levels both players have a very well defined level of control over their characters(alot). All you really described was fox having a steeper learning curve, which imo pays off in the end. I think that fox is a better character than falco, but thats more bias and refusal to change more than anything else.

D

Deleted member

This is off topic, but I was randomly looking things up, and I saw that in the very first tier list back in 2002, Jigglypuff was tied for 17/18 with Ness, who is now in the negligible tier.

To be fair, he/she/it moved about from 8-11 in all the next lists until 2008, but it's still great to think that at one point Ness was as good as Jiggs (kinda).

D

Deleted member

f-throw is an instant kill on Jiggs on Yoshi Story.

If you manage to actually get a grab.

And if you're standing on a cloud, facing the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom