• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
This is off topic, but I was randomly looking things up, and I saw that in the very first tier list back in 2002, Jigglypuff was tied for 17/18 with Ness, who is now in the negligible tier.

To be fair, he/she/it moved about from 8-11 in all the next lists until 2008, but it's still great to think that at one point Ness was as good as Jiggs (kinda).
What's funny is that there was once an April Fools tier list that pushed Jiggs right into top tier, citing aerial domination as their reasoning behind it.

.....:laugh:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
What's funny is that there was once an April Fools tier list that pushed Jiggs right into top tier, citing aerial domination as their reasoning behind it.

.....:laugh:
yeah

thats actually really hilarious lol

D

Deleted member

Marth moving down was also predicted in the April Fool's tier list. Quite frankly I'm terrified.

Marth's move down was appropriate for sure though. He's still great (in high tier), but these days top Marth players are hard to find (although they're still there, and they're still good).

Are the ties going to be broken as the MBR works on it more, or is the bottom tier just going to remain like that? IMO there's no way Ness and Yoshi are as bad as Pichu and Kirby (Bowser maybe). Mewtwo's move up was great though, that's been overdue.

Pi

Smash Hero
lol@people still debating placements of characters on the tier list

nice troll MBR

note to debaters:
if you're not a good player/in the MBR
nothing you say regarding placements of characters on this tier list holds any merit whatsoever

not to mention the fact that it's not a 'how good are the playable characters of SSBM' list
it's a tier list

the actual definition of the tier list hasn't even been unanimously agreed upon

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I wonder how much Zelda has moved.
6/7/8
14/15/16 -8
20 -6
16 +4
19 -3
17 +2
18 -1
20 -2
19 +1
17 +2

Conclusion: not much since the 3rd tier list (+3 from 3rd to the 10th/current)

Mewtwo, on the other hand, has never been higher than 23rd EVER and moved all the way up to 18 this list

Tero.

Smash Champion
Let me clear things up for you.

This isn't actually the real tier list, it's hungrybox list (even tho it might be quite accurate) which we just posted so you guys are happy and shut the **** up.
The MBR did NOT vote on this list.

We had a voting back in April/May, but the leadership decided not to publish the list because there wasn't enough discussion and not enough voters and the we dropped the project.

Here is the result of that voting:

Results:

Placing - Name - Total - Average - Highest - Lowest

1. Fox - 28 - 1,16666 - 1 - 3
  2. Falco - 52 - 2,16666 - 1 - 4
  3. Jigglypuff - 85 - 3,54166 - 1 - 7
  4. Sheik - 90 - 3,75 - 2 - 5
  5. Marth - 111 - 4,625 - 3 - 6
  6. Peach - 145 - 6,04166 - 5 - 7
  7. Falcon - 160 - 6,66666 - 4 - 7
  8. Ice Climbers - 192 - 8 - 8 - 8
  9. Ganondorf - 225 - 9,375 - 9 - 11
  10. Dr.Mario - 245 - 10,20833 - 9 - 11
  11. Samus - 250 - 10,41666 - 9 - 11

Voters (24):

Divinokage, XIF, Mew2King, Marc, Pink Reaper, Magus420, Skler, unknown522, KirbyKaze, N64, pockyD, Aldwyn McCloud, g-regulate, KevinM ihavespaceballs, Luma, Hax , Ignatius, VaNz, Slhoka, HugS™, everlasting yayuhzz, HyugaRicdeau, Tero.
Clarification: First we split the Tier List up into two categories: viable (as seen above) and non-viable (we also intended to add a "semi-viable" category first, but dismissed this idea).
We finished voting on the viable part and thought about maybe not arrange the low tier characters in any order and just put them into tiers since tbqh even after so many years of Melee we don't know **** about many Low Tiers.
Anyway we didn't came to add any Tiers to the list because the project was dropped.

Just thought I let you know.

MalwareDie

Smash Cadet

This isn't actually the real tier list, it's hungrybox list (even tho it might be quite accurate) which we just posted so you guys are happy and shut the **** up.

We had a voting back in April/May, but the leadership decided not to publish the list because there wasn't enough discussion and not enough voters and the we dropped the project.

Clarification: First we split the Tier List up into two categories: viable (as seen above) and non-viable (we also intended to add a "semi-viable" category first, but dismissed this idea).
We finished voting on the viable part and thought about maybe not arrange the low tier characters in any order and just put them into tiers since tbqh even after so many years of Melee we don't know **** about many Low Tiers.
Anyway we didn't came to add any Tiers to the list because the project was dropped.

Thanks. I remember KK saying that the MBR all agreed on ICs position.

D

Deleted member

Well, yeah pretty much. I don't see why we have ties in the tier list either. IMO you either accept that any characters in a given tier are relatively equal and thus "on the same tier" literally, or you admit that finer points within the tiers create marginal distinctions as we have done so in the past.

Merkuri

Smash Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tero. View Post
Results:

Placing - Name - Total - Average - Highest - Lowest

1. Fox - 28 - 1,16666 - 1 - 3
2. Falco - 52 - 2,16666 - 1 - 4
3. Jigglypuff - 85 - 3,54166 - 1 - 7
4. Sheik - 90 - 3,75 - 2 - 5
5. Marth - 111 - 4,625 - 3 - 6
6. Peach - 145 - 6,04166 - 5 - 7
7. Falcon - 160 - 6,66666 - 4 - 7
8. Ice Climbers - 192 - 8 - 8 - 8
9. Ganondorf - 225 - 9,375 - 9 - 11
10. Dr.Mario - 245 - 10,20833 - 9 - 11
11. Samus - 250 - 10,41666 - 9 - 11

Voters (24):

Divinokage, XIF, Mew2King, Marc, Pink Reaper, Magus420, Skler, unknown522, KirbyKaze, N64, pockyD, Aldwyn McCloud, g-regulate, KevinM ihavespaceballs, Luma, Hax , Ignatius, VaNz, Slhoka, HugS™, everlasting yayuhzz, HyugaRicdeau, Tero.

This should be added to the front page. Hopefully people will quit complaining about the tier list now, since it's just the opinion of two people.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
so this entire thread has been a huge waste of time. wow.

on another note, the top 11 as ordered in tero's post is pretty much perfect.

edit: lol, someone (or some people) thought falcon could be 4th. lulz

MalwareDie

Smash Cadet
M2K's choices are the easiest to guess.

1. Puff
2. Falco
3. Fox
4. Sheik
5. Marth
6. Peach
7. Falcon
8. ICs
9. Doc (or Ganon)
10. Ganon (or Doc)
11. Samus

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Peach sucks.

She loses to Marth. She loses to Sheik. She loses to Fox. She has a close matchup with Falco -- that one's ambiguous and I'm not touching it beyond it being sort of close since I hear opinions for it either way. She loses to Puff. She might lose to Falcon; most people seem to think she does and there's a pretty strong argument for it, IMHO.

But thank god she beats Ice Climbers. Because without that one she would be a horrible character.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
She still lost to all those characters overall.

But I will concede that she was better with it.

She's still completely useless though.

gm jack

Smash Lord
But armada has proved peach has the tools to deal with any match up, even if it is not favourable. Not having any horrendous match ups makes her more viable than people like falcon, who have a few really bad match ups.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Armada feels Fox is horrendous. As does pretty much every Peach in existence. Depending on whom you ask, you may find the odd one that feels Marth is brutal.

Falcons don't feel that Sheik is horrendous nowadays and some continue to argue that Falco isn't all that horrific either. Falcos on the whole also believe that Falco vs Falcon isn't all that bad.

HugS™

Smash Lord
But armada has proved peach has the tools to deal with any match up, even if it is not favourable. Not having any horrendous match ups makes her more viable than people like falcon, who have a few really bad match ups.
By that same logic, shouldn't that make Samus a better character than Doc/Ganon, and MAAAYBE even IC's?

BigWenz

Smash Ace

so funny story Hax said the exact same thing so many pages ago if people would actually read **** they would have realized it wasnt the actual tier list and we wouldn have at least 30+ pages of unnecessary ****

gm jack

Smash Lord
Armada feels Fox is horrendous. As does pretty much every Peach in existence. Depending on whom you ask, you may find the odd one that feels Marth is brutal.

Falcons don't feel that Sheik is horrendous nowadays and some continue to argue that Falco isn't all that horrific either. Falcos on the whole also believe that Falco vs Falcon isn't all that bad.
He still tears through the best foxes in the world. He may not like fighting them, but either he is a huge amount better than M2K etc, or it isn't that bad.

I think falcon's don't think it is that bad because there are so few sheiks in the league of the top falcons. M2K has some horrific record of unbeaten in the match up since 2006, and as he is probably the best at the match up in the world, it should be his performance in it that matters, as opposed the how falcons no longer get ***** by tech chasing from people who were otherwise not nearly as good as them. They can feel the match up is better than it was, but it isn't going to be enough until they start beating people like M2K, Amsah or OTF.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Fox vs Peach can't be as bad as Armada says. Mew2king is only capable of beating him on PS with Fox. On other stages M2k does better against Armada using Marth.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
He still tears through the best foxes in the world. He may not like fighting them, but either he is a huge amount better than M2K etc, or it isn't that bad.
By this reasoning Pikachu must actually be pretty good vs Fox and Falco because look at what AXE does to people!

And obviously we both see the clear implications for Puff and several other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom