• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Guys this has become nothing but spam since it was stated that this wasn't an official list. We were told it was, so we stickied it and labeled it as such.

Closing this for now. Will open in a few days so you can actually discuss this list or why you believe changes should be made etc. If it devolves into spam again it will be closed for a longer period of time.

All threads discussing the tier list will be closed. THIS ONE WILL REOPEN. You guys just lost posting privileges in here because all you did was spam.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Ok, so lets try this one more time.

If we have to close it again this thread will be closed even longer. Try to have some substance in your post, explain why you think your list is valid or w/e so people can talk about the list with you.

Flaming will be infracted as will spam, don't expect many chances. If you think you're gonna get an infraction for the post, you probably will get one so don't post it. And as stated before thread will be closed for a longer period if it gets out of hand.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
thank you KK we couldn't have done it without you.

pichu has more options in everyway than kirby the real reason kirby can look better is it's much easier to reach a highish level of skill with kirby because of how simple he is and pichu is not as simple and takes more smart mix-ups and you must learn to pressure sheilds and junk and what's safe.

what level are we judging overall or highest if there are 2 great players or what?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you usually go by the highest level play, but its hard to find highest level play of anything below ganon and mario on the list.

unless your mew2 that is.

also, fox is better than puff and falco but fox players dont play gay enough.

discuss.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I've seen mango's fox vs H-box he didn't come close to playing gay.

It's raw smarts overall. But in a lot of ways I think it shouldn't be the top of the top because take mango he has the best of about every charcter and it's impossible to tell which is better based off that.

pichu vs kirby is more entertaining

Doc King

Smash Lord
I can't argee with any of this not even the = P because it's a part of this clearly commuist plot.

pichu>kirby I even made a picture with proof of it in the pichu boards.
here

I think you'll see that everything is in order.
That's not great proof of why Pichu>Sakurai. I'm not really sure who's better but there about even imo. ;)

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Ummm. I somewhat agree. I think shiek is definitely top tier material. Tied with or extremely close to puff. Too close to call the top 5 really. I would say number 1 is fox though. And the whole "negligible" tier seems kinda silly. And how ganon isnt infront of samus >:l

And IMO Luigi > DK. He has had a way better showing recently (Eddie Mexico) and there really isnt any DK mains placing like him.

I also think that Young Link is better than zelda and mewtwo is also better than zelda.

But by far the biggest mistake was pichu above of kirby :troll:

But for real, why the **** is shiek not top. Granted sheik doesnt really have the kind of support that puff fox and falco do but there's still M2K, Amsah and a bunch of other sheiks im leaving out who are good. Sheiks ftilt has insane priority and combo capability. Her down-throw tech chase is stupid easy. Her fair, bair, and nair are all really good for edge guarding and fair has extremely good killing power as well as her up air. Her down-b is practically the sole reason why she SHOULD be top-tier. I mean cmon, you press a button and you get a WHOLE NOTHER' MOVE SET .... CMON THATS BROKEN

Marth in his own tier is perfect. Hes blatantly better than peach but not as good as puff (even though I think marth played correctly beats puff)

Negligible should be Really Byad tier

And if this tier list truely if based off of tournament results then its a horrible tier list.

Characters abilities and options should ALWAYS be taken into consideration in a tier list. Imagine if lets sayyyyyyy ness had a shine spike type move and a decent up b he would be A LOT better and would be higher on the tier list. Why? Cause people would play him and do decent with him and place okay at tournaments. Simple as that IMO. Puff is good and she deserves at least top of high tear but to put her tied with fox is kinda dumb. People just don't play vs puff correctly. Look at colbol he beats hungrybox every now and again. Colbol doesn't win nationals but hungrybox does. Colbol just knows the matchup extremely well. If everyone fought puff as good as or close to colbol puff wouldn't be tied with fox.

A perfect example of characters being overall better than each other is Mango playing mario at APEX. He came into it knowing he wouldn't win with mario. He said 5th place was his goal but I guarantee you if he went puff he would have came into it without even a second thought thinking that he was gonna win.

If some of this doesn't make sense shutup I'm tired. :D

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I really apologize if this is considered spam, but a little bit ago a MOD said the list wasn't really 'official' and that it was from hungrybox. my question is, are we supposed to be accepting this as the new permanent list? or are changes coming? if there aren't changes coming then to unlock this thread is pointless. debate and arguing and flaming for what?

Discussing who's better is one thing but people are arguing for the sake of the list(which isn't really by the MBR, which hardly counts to me)

Can we please get some clarification? Why don't you guys use the original list you posted awhile back?

Doc King

Smash Lord
This list is pretty good. I think the major problem with it is its Tier names and stuff like that.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone remember that time when Mewtwo went from bottom to mid tier, because of Taj?

I would have put Jigglypuff a step lower. Yes, Mango and Hbox use this character, and I always thought Jigglypuff was underrated... but now I feel like she's overrated.

My 2 cents.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I really apologize if this is considered spam, but a little bit ago a MOD said the list wasn't really 'official' and that it was from hungrybox. my question is, are we supposed to be accepting this as the new permanent list? or are changes coming? if there aren't changes coming then to unlock this thread is pointless. debate and arguing and flaming for what?

Discussing who's better is one thing but people are arguing for the sake of the list(which isn't really by the MBR, which hardly counts to me)

Can we please get some clarification? Why don't you guys use the original list you posted awhile back?
I'm not sure exactly how the list came to be.

I was under the impression that Hungrybox was leading the discussion for this list and it had MBR votes/discussion w/e.

Currently its the only tier list I know of, so *shrugs*.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Jiggs is def overrated, I still don't see a threat unless it's from a pro.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Let me clear things up for you.

This isn't actually the real tier list, it's hungrybox list (even tho it might be quite accurate) which we just posted so you guys are happy and shut the **** up.
The MBR did NOT vote on this list.

We had a voting back in April/May, but the leadership decided not to publish the list because there wasn't enough discussion and not enough voters and the we dropped the project.

Here is the result of that voting:

Clarification: First we split the Tier List up into two categories: viable (as seen above) and non-viable (we also intended to add a "semi-viable" category first, but dismissed this idea).
We finished voting on the viable part and thought about maybe not arrange the low tier characters in any order and just put them into tiers since tbqh even after so many years of Melee we don't know **** about many Low Tiers.
Anyway we didn't came to add any Tiers to the list because the project was dropped.

Just thought I let you know.
Haven't you seen this post Tec?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Oh, yea haha that was so far back I forgot tbh.

If everyone feels its unnecessary I'll close it. I guess at this point I can just unsticky it then since its not an official list *shrugs*

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Maybe just call it something other than official and lock it. Its still a decent list despite whether or not everyone agrees or there was a consensus.

IMO its better than nothing, just as a reference to some degree. but there is no reason to discuss it any further.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Im going to post just because jigglypuff shouldnt be that high. ...Jiggly puff shouldn't be that high. worst list ever

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
When there are problems you don't know how to deal with blame minorities.

D*** (pick one that isn't you) cripples, *******, jews, short people, left handed people, pilgrams, women, gays, straight rich white males with to much power, and etc.

Spread the hate if you don't have the balls to blame yourself.

pichu>kirby

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Oh well, since this is becoming silly or w/e time to close =D

Iunno if MBR is making a new list or if theres another list or w/e.

Guess you'll just have to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom