• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I think it's too late now ICG, the list is already out now, so your just gonna have to wait next year.

I don't have as much complaints about this list as much as the other one and I think it's good overall, so It's good for now.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
HAHAHHAHAHAH what point did I prove? you proved you don't read my posts. I compare 2 charceters in everyway I break things down falws and junk everything. It's true what I say pichu only has 2 flaws can't take hits and range.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
icg why do u talk about pichu in every post?
because he also matters.

1 could be debated fox or fox see both sides. but fox isn't as great anymore because everyone sees fox like all day and knows what's up. falco it's harder to powersheild and junk.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
wait, where did fox come from
did
did you just start talking about fox and falco to contradict him?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking more about puff being 3rd and leaing room for details. but Really i'm working on my master pichu vs kirby rant right now it has chatpers.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I think that if a game evolves as quickly as melee does, we probably shouldn't have a tier list for it.
It stirs up too much controversy, and maybe the trolls love it?
I dunno, this just came to mind. Maybe if we didn't spend as much time here and more time playing, maybe we'd really find out who is best (getting better will improve the metagame)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
theres nothing wrong with having tier list, even if theres a new one every week.

if you dont like it, just ignore it, dont post here, etc.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
theres nothing wrong with having tier list, even if theres a new one every week.

if you dont like it, just ignore it, dont post here, etc.
actually, I think its most important for people who disagree to post in here.

a bunch a yes men don't help spark good discussion. a bunch of whiney *****es don't either but if everyone agrees you don't get anywhere new.

Pi

Smash Hero
I don't think it's fair to say the 'game' has hit a plateau
I think the players (most of them) certainly have, though.

Nothing big has come to smash in the last couple of years, people have honed tech skill and what not, but mainly it's playstyles that have been changing/adapting. Which they always can.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Improved tactics from H-box, mango, Armada. And a few new things discovered like that one brawl tech where you roll throw and keep inv frames and same for in the ar but little to no effect. Axe and I sat down and figured out basically all the sectects to up-B pikachu/pichu. we discovered a fair amount that helped sheik, zedla, m2 and pikachu/pichu.

that wasn't even last year.

don't limit your self that's just stuff off the top of my head.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can't wait for grab releases to be implemented

Brookman

Smash Hero
LOL POF got banned
I approve this message.

I also think we should be able to work out a lower end tier placement system some how. . .

Improved tactics from H-box, mango, Armada. And a few new things discovered like that one brawl tech where you roll throw and keep inv frames and same for in the ar but little to no effect. Axe and I sat down and figured out basically all the sectects to up-B pikachu/pichu. we discovered a fair amount that helped sheik, zedla, m2 and pikachu/pichu.
please elaborate, will you?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
actually, I think its most important for people who disagree to post in here.

a bunch a yes men don't help spark good discussion. a bunch of whiney *****es don't either but if everyone agrees you don't get anywhere new.
yea theres nothnig wrong with people who disagree with the tierlist placeent of chars and wanna post reasons as to why...

...but i really dislike peopple who say stuff like "we dont need a tierlist, once you hit a certain point just spend more time playing the actual game, blah blah blah"

tires don exits is SO 2004.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
For the people who hate the tier list and how it's made, I made a nice new thread for you. By weighing the match-ups against their CRL points (popularity), I have a new list I dub the Tournament Performance Ranking. Go check it out if you're interested, and I welcome any feedback.

Rappster

Smash Ace

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I want a 500-700 word, single-spaced essay with proper citations to explain why Mewtwo is placed above Young Link. This will be due at the start of class next Monday. Alternatively, you can write a 5 words or more essay about how Young Link is better than Mewtwo. Should you choose to take this route you will get an automatic A in the class.

rhan

Smash Hero
Alright, I want a 500-700 word, single-spaced essay with proper citations to explain why Mewtwo is placed above Young Link. This will be due at the start of class next Monday. Alternatively, you can write a 5 words or more essay about how Young Link is better than Mewtwo. Should you choose to take this route you will get an automatic A in the class.
Zelda should also be included.

SN: This tier list doesn't exists in my opinion. You guys are ****ing ********.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Mewtwo stinks. Young link rocks.

A.

Really YLink ended up where he did because he was forgotten (just check the first page, people complain about it) and then they added him without even thinking very much about it. I guess they figured he was above negligible. I'm not even convinced that Link > YLink so I disagree with his placing myself but I realize more and more how this list doesn't matter except to show people in general who the better characters and who the not so good characters are. Really what other purpose does the list have? Maybe to decide who can be used in low tier tournaments

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Zelda should also be included.

SN: This tier list doesn't exists in my opinion. You guys are ****ing ********.
Here's Mewtwo and Zelda not losing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amZAeGBnlT8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV2E8haD9XY

Here's Y.Link losing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfX07es2q8

As soon as Y.Links start winning **** to back up what so far has been nothing more than butthurt crying over the fact that a character who has had no tournament presence nor any real accomplishments in the last 3 years with the exception of Vanz beating Darc in one match he'll get some consideration.

You know, if you really want to see Y.Link move up, there's a better way than sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming in hopes that eventually if you disagree hard enough things will change. Either bring legitimate reasoning for the character or shut the **** up and go somewhere else.

rhan

Smash Hero
Sheik **** all low tiers for fun. Plus Mewtwo/Zelda v Fox isn't as bad as Young Link v Sheik. We get chain grabbed to death while Mewtwo/Zelda have better options against Fox.

Young Link has to rely on platforms and running away against Sheik.

This tier list ****ing sucks more diq then a minimum wage prostitute. Tourney representation shouldn't count as greatly as it did for this "tier list". Match-ups are (and what should) produce a legit list.

rhan

Smash Hero
Theory over fact is a stupid way to do things.
Every other fighting game community uses match-ups as a majority for their tier lists.

So wouldn't I be using fact now? Because this list is running on blasphemy and wholehearted stupidity.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Every other fighting game community uses match-ups as a majority for their tier lists.

So wouldn't I be using fact now? Because this list is running on blasphemy and wholehearted stupidity.
Because the smash community thinks their special and wanna feel different. :lick:

I like how this topic has been argued for most of this thread.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It's mostly only been argued by two really annoying Y.Link players who cant get over the fact that their character basically doesnt exist. You should be thankful we took match ups into consideration at all considering without it Y.Link would also be in negligible tier.

Definitely, which is why we've outlaid different reasoning as to why we picked the method that we used.

I can think of a worse argument though, and that would be to base our tier list on match-ups because other fighting game communities do.

@ everyone in general: if you have some reasoning to use match-ups over tournament results, I disagree with you, but I'll at least respect some attempt at logic congruent with sound reasoning. If I see that we should use match-ups to mimic other communities, I'll tell you right now that you have a 0% chance to effectively alter the methods used for the tier list in the future.

edit: I agree that Peach is too low.

edit 2: wow I just found this gem:

On the basis that winning is popular in tournaments yes I'd have to agree. Where do you people come from? lol
Also, let it be known that there are things about this list i completely dont agree with, but I understand that in order to argue against them i need actual information. You two can moan all you want about how Y.Links match ups are somehow better than characters who are actually winning but you should probably first realize that actually winning is far better proof that a character CAN win than playing the theory game.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
There is no reason why young link should NOT be below mewtwo. He has gotten pretty much nowhere in competitive play anytime recently, whereas mewtwo has excelled far better. That's it.

As soon as Y.Links start winning **** to back up what so far has been nothing more than butthurt crying over the fact that a character who has had no tournament presence nor any real accomplishments in the last 3 years with the exception of Vanz beating Darc in one match he'll get some consideration.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom