• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close, Please, and sticky the official tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Excluding Taj, Mewtwo is really poor and is almost the worst. But including Taj, Mewtwo is about there.

Doc King

Smash Lord
If only this list didn't have so many ties, I would be good.

But otherwise, ok (i guess).

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Ties within tiers are OK. The characters within tiers are supposed to be on a close level anyhow. It's not like you have characters that are simultaneously two tiers, or two tiers tying with each other; then that would actually defeat the purpose.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Icys are too low.

They should be over peach/cf.
I feel like they're even with Falcon. I would put them above him, but they get camped too easily.

Peach isn't quite as good as Puff, but I think she's convincingly better than both Falcon and Ice Climbers.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I want to believe that too. He's definitely above DK in my opinion but Luigi has better matchups against the cast then Link does.
hmm luigi does have better match ups. Its funny link is only lower than those two because of match ups with high tiers. but he can beat them both outright.

BEES

Smash Lord
He has decent combos but his recovery is the worst in the game. It's so bad, he can't use any of his standard aerials off the stage without dying.

Oracle

Smash Master
Keep in mind everyone that a tier list isn't based off of all matchups. Just the important ones (top-high usually, mid has some weight). Otherwise sheik would always be the best and captain falcon would be bottom of high/top of mid because he has even/slight disadvantaged matchups with random low tiers like pikachu, DK, and kirby XD

j00t

Smash Champion
fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I'm gonna prove that GnW belongs in bottom tier and not in garbage tier

>:[

fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Go for it! Melee is undergoing a low tier revolution, showing us that low tiers should never be underestimated.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

G&W has the most untapped potential of the worst character imo, there's not really an AXE or Taj for him. Qerb and Dire are pretty good, but no one really seems to have brought out his best potential. He's got the some of the most disjointed attacks in the game. Nair's hitbox is literally the size of him on top of himself. His bair and fair are more disjointed than puff's bair (he doesn't have her wicked aerial mobility though nor can bair wall like jiggs). His throws are good too and unpredictable. Good wavedash, amazing Fsmash and dtilt... his defensive options and frailness really hold him back, as well as no l-canceling on mostly bair (nair and uair don't really need it that much anyway), relatively poor combo-ability...

Of course thats all just my opinion in my head theory smashing, until someone proves it he's garbage I guess

ShadyMilkman

Smash Apprentice
G&W has the most untapped potential of the worst character imo, there's not really an AXE or Taj for him. Qerb and Dire are pretty good, but no one really seems to have brought out his best potential. He's got the some of the most disjointed attacks in the game. Nair's hitbox is literally the size of him on top of himself. His bair and fair are more disjointed than puff's bair (he doesn't have her wicked aerial mobility though nor can bair wall like jiggs). His throws are good too and unpredictable. Good wavedash, amazing Fsmash and dtilt... his defensive options and frailness really hold him back, as well as no l-canceling on mostly bair (nair and uair don't really need it that much anyway), relatively poor combo-ability...

Of course thats all just my opinion in my head theory smashing, until someone proves it he's garbage I guess
I <3 the confusion that comes with DI'ing G-dub's grabs.

Too bad his shield and recovery are so bad =(

BEES

Smash Lord
You can't sleep on low tiers, that's for certain.

Especially the ones that have 40:60 matchups or better against your character.

And I agree, G&W is severely underutilized. Just gotto replace rolling and shielding in your mind with wavedashing, jumping, or attacking wherever possible.

rhan

Smash Hero
hmm luigi does have better match ups. Its funny link is only lower than those two because of match ups with high tiers. but he can beat them both outright.
Yeah I know! This **** game makes no sense... lmao

Abraxas

Smash Rookie
All in all I really like this list. <3

Falco should be right below Fox/Jiggz but not even.
Chu/Mario > Luigi/DK though

How about placing Ness and Yoshi in Bottom Tier because they're good characters in Low Tier?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
How about for Top Tier, Jiggz, Fox, then Sheik.
Wait a minute... Doc King? THE Doc King?

Your the guy who posted all those stupid comments on the Talk page for Tier Lists on SmashWiki, let me see if I can find some quotes:

"If you think tiers exist, than go watch NEO, Taj, or Gimpyfish and you will see that Tiers don't exist. GET PWNED BY THE DOC KING!!!!!" ~ Doc King, comment was unsigned but it is pretty obvious :laugh:

"A tier list is basically peoples opinions of characters from different games. I do think that tiers don't exist and people should play whoever they main in order to win. Like some Wario mains actually beat Meta Knight and Lengendary Pikachu beating a Meta Knight in teams. I also play Doc a lot better than Fox in Melee." ~ Presumably Doc King, comment was unsigned.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Tier_list

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wait a minute... Doc King? THE Doc King?

Your the guy who posted all those stupid comments on the Talk page for Tier Lists on SmashWiki, let me see if I can find some quotes:

"If you think tiers exist, than go watch NEO, Taj, or Gimpyfish and you will see that Tiers don't exist. GET PWNED BY THE DOC KING!!!!!" ~ Doc King, comment was unsigned but it is pretty obvious :laugh:

"A tier list is basically peoples opinions of characters from different games. I do think that tiers don't exist and people should play whoever they main in order to win. Like some Wario mains actually beat Meta Knight and Lengendary Pikachu beating a Meta Knight in teams. I also play Doc a lot better than Fox in Melee." ~ Presumably Doc King, comment was unsigned.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Tier_list
Look, that was a while ago and that was back then when I didn't know what I was talking about. So I'm not like that anymore, I've changed. :bee:

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
Fox
Falco
Jigglypuff

High
Sheik
Marth

Upper

Falcon
Peach

Middle
Ice Climbers
Ganon
Samus
Doctor Mario

Low
Pikachu
DK
Luigi
Mario
Link

Bottom
Zelda
Mewtwo
Young Link

Garbage
Yoshi/Ness/Bowser/Roy/G&W/Kirby/Pichu

All following values suggested by KirbyKaze, with slight modifications from other players.
OBJECTION
Changed everything cept Garbage.

rhan

Smash Hero
It's rare to see people change. Like skin color.

Only ***** that did that **** was Micheal Jackson.

Edit: Young Link's better than Zelda. Idgaf if Mewtwo's higher or lower though. He'd stuill get wreck by YLink.

Doc King

Smash Lord
It's rare to see people change. Like skin color.

Only ***** that did that **** was Micheal Jackson.

Edit: Young Link's better than Zelda. Idgaf if Mewtwo's higher or lower though. He'd stuill get wreck by YLink.
How about Y. Link, then Mewtwo, then Zelda?

Doc King

Smash Lord
I just had a rant about the 9th Tier list cause I thought it sucked. I hope the new list is better.

rhan

Smash Hero
How about Y. Link, then Mewtwo, then Zelda?
I already stated my opinion lol Zelda definitely is worse than YLink when it comes to matchups. And Mewtwo's matchups are about the same as YLink. Mewtwo can't really handle floaties though while Young Link can. But Mewtwo can man handle fast fallers better. Like I said idgaf who's on top of the other. Cuz it's not going to be by much.

There should be a social group or something where the top people who discuss this current tier list and try to figure out the placements.

Naw mean? Let's make it happen.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
no way yl is gonna be above m2. zelda sucks but you know. she has a good move. yl hasn't even entered a tourney lol.

zelda/m2/yl or m2/zelda/yl but zelda seems like she has better MUs (not very versatile tho imo).

i like ties because this game is too complex to waste time theoryfighting over the tournament viability of DK compared to Luigi
theory battles ****.

as far as garbage tier.

roy/gw
yoshi/bowser
ness/kirby/pichu

its hard to define in chronorder but smaller groups is middle of the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom