• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close, Please, and sticky the official tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEES

Smash Lord
Well it's a lot better than the backroom list from 2008 that still has Mewtwo in bottom tier and Puff not in top tier.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Also, Ganon is definately not as superior as Doc! You guys got it all wrong!

Doc King

Smash Lord
I know, but it really needs to be ranked better, even if a character is hardly played, like Gimpyfish played Bowser so well, so the bottom Tiers really need to be ranked, the same goes to the characters with all of the ties.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
I know, but it really needs to be ranked better, even if a character is hardly played, like Gimpyfish played Bowser so well, so the bottom Tiers really need to be ranked, the same goes to the characters with all of the ties.
See, you started out alright (Even though Gimpy hasn't placed in any tournies for a long time due to not actually playing the game) but your reasoning is off after that, bowser should be ranked, and so should the other unmentioned characters, however, this does not in any way disprove the logic behind tying characters, ties are needed because there is barely a distinguishable difference in how good those characters are, if you want in your words more logical placement and lack of ties, give logical reason against the specific ties, not ties in general(For instance saying Doc is better than Gannon because he's better at the Fox matchup or whatever vs Ties are stupid because it's not right).

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Doc has a much easier time than Ganon with three match ups, while Ganon has an easier time than Doc with about 6 or 7 match ups.

Doc only has an easier time vs some of the higher tier match ups: Fox, Falco, Jiggs.
Ganon has an easier time (than Doc) vs. the remaining characters in the top, high, and middle tiers.

Doc and Ganon kinda have the same difficulty vs. Sheik and Falcon. But then Ganon kinda ***** on the match ups that Doc only goes even with:
-Mario, Doc, Luigi, DK, ICs, Samus
if this is true then Doc is easily better than Ganon... being able to keep up with the top tiers is way more important than beating up on the fringe characters.

Among the more relevant characters, I feel like Doc does a bit better vs Jigglypuff and Ganon does a bit better vs Marth. Sheik, Falcon are comparable. Ganon does a lot better vs ICs, but ICs are fairly rare.

So it comes down to the space animal matchups, which people have a hard time agreeing on.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
if this is true then Doc is easily better than Ganon... being able to keep up with the top tiers is way more important than beating up on the fringe characters.

Among the more relevant characters, I feel like Doc does a bit better vs Jigglypuff and Ganon does a bit better vs Marth. Sheik, Falcon are comparable. Ganon does a lot better vs ICs, but ICs are fairly rare.

So it comes down to the space animal matchups, which people have a hard time agreeing on.
Yeah, Doc probably should do better than Ganon overall. I'm not sure if Doc's maximum potential has been exploited consistently in tournaments yet. Ganon's potential on the other hand has reached a pretty high level by players that do a great job of playing really well in tournaments consistently. It could just be that the well-known Ganon players are more experienced than the Doc mains out there. I'm really not sure on that subject.

Pi

Smash Hero
I really don't understand how people can be concerned with ties below the low tier marker...
Who the **** cares, why, and you're not even good.

also +1 for ICG tier
and +1 for roy is the best

nicaboy

Smash Champion
the slashes are cool.

minor changes imo
ice climbers are upper.
sheik in top and falco in high.

luigi dk and properbly mario in mid below doc.

roy in low.

beside that its iight.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
sheik in top and falco in high.
no because sheiks (read: PLURAL) don't place high in nationals, let alone win. Times have changed... spacies and Jiggs are in charge now, Sheik and Marth can sit back on their rocking chairs and reminisce over the good old days.

Jonas

Smash Champion
The slashes in Garbage Tier are alright, because nobody ever uses them competitively, so nobody really has any opinion on them (except ICG).

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Poor roy D':

So..... "joseph" is the giant stuffed animal in hbox's avatar, right? :S

People should change up melee tiers imo; it is much to vague.

INSTEAD we could correlate a dragonball z character to each character, then give them a seperate "power level", so you get an idea of the characters strengths, weakness' of MASTERING the character ( so the problems of non-pros trying to become legit with said character )and then just a basic "potential of raep". DBZ character's 'powerlevel' will have nothing to do with the actual potential of the melee character.

For example.........

FALCO-young gohan: Either ***** (see 4 stock against radditz )or gets ***** (almost 4 stockED by nappa ). momentum and emotionally based. As soon as he becomes useful he gets cocky and almost ****s everything up. If you look at the data falco in melee was originally going to have wonderful golden locks standing on end and wore a piccolo outfit.
INSERT CHARACTER TOTAL POTENTIAL "Power level"

Jiggly puff: buu(really any form I guess.. ): Not neccisarily 'stronger' than the other top tiers , but all of his/her options are just a ton safer. if one bair doesn't hit, you will probably not get punished THAT hard; If when buu puts his leg in the ground and sprouts up 200 yards away to kick goku in the face and MISSES, who cares? has an instant win attack ( Human Extinction Attack; Rest ). Is pink.... I don't know :mad:

Fox - uh....**watches mango/lucky/alex combo vid** Goku? yeah goku:
So despite stupid obstacles goku seems to pull out the win. EVEN IF IT'S AFTER THE TOURNAMENT AND ONLY ONE PERSON RECORDED IT ON A CAMERA AND IS TAKING FOREVER TO UPLOAD IT. Is easily the hardest character to play succesfully, yet everyone tries after they get ***** by a fox to prove a point to the fox player ( only to get ***** super hard ). One time Capt. Ginyu stole Goku's body and power, but sucked because his tech skill was ****ing awful. has red lasor things that are kind of like energy blasts if you don't notice the gun... has an orange outfit... INSERT CHARACTER TOTAL POTENTIAL "Power level"

Sheik - Freeza: At one point ***** everyone, not sure if a man or woman at first, possibly gay. After freeza was beaten by goku however every time freeza came back I felt like freeza was defeated so easily mostly because everyone KNEW freeza's game plan. A lot of young sheiks ( given this holds true for all characters, but feel that it matters more prominently in sheiks ) have a very predictable approach because her **** and grabs are so good. You can throw a ball that will destroy the planet at me, but if i can work around it, well :\

Kirby- Turtle:
In the end I just kind of feel bad for him :\

EDIT - kirby would of course be the exception to the rule of "seperate power level from dbz character. So I submit Kirby's power level to be .001

Where you at MBR.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol at trolling ICG.
Also you forgot master hand
I agree. Master Hand is technically a playable character, it wouldn't make sense to exclude him.

2 more votes for ICG tier, make it happen Hbox and this will be the best tier list in history

+1 if you want this
+1 for ICG Tier

The ties make perfect sense, I've been thinking that tiers should be more ambiguous for a while.

To anyone who doesn't understand why, it's because the meta-game will ALWAYS be changing. If Fox starts seeing use, characters who counter him will see more use and Fox will drop down, then the counters will be countered, etc...

The low tiers are definitely important btw, and Pichu > Kirby.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
This Tier List is way better than the MBR list! I don't agree with this fully, but it's great that things are starting to go to the right direction.

Voted for ICG tier.

My own imo tier list

Falco
Fox
Marth
Sheik

high top
Jigglypuff
Peach

high
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers

mid high
Doctor Mario
Ganondorf
Samus

mid
Donkey Kong
Luigi
Mario

low mid
Link
Pikachu

low
Mr Game & Watch
Roy
Young Link
Zelda

bottom low
Bowser
Mewtwo
Ness
Yoshi

bottom
Kirby
Pichu - ICG status

characers are not ranked beyond their tiers.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
no because sheiks (read: PLURAL) don't place high in nationals, let alone win. Times have changed... spacies and Jiggs are in charge now, Sheik and Marth can sit back on their rocking chairs and reminisce over the good old days.
Lol believe me you i dont care to argue about teir lists just stating my opinion. Everyone has theirs just stating mine haha.

rhan

Smash Hero
How I think it is. Only slight modifications to the original list.

Fox
Falco
Sheik

High

Jigglypuff
Marth

Upper

Peach
Falcon

Middle

Ice Climbers
Ganon
Samus
Doctor Mario

Low

Pikachu
Luigi
Link
DK
Mario

Bottom

Young Link
Mewtwo
Zelda

Garbage

Roy
Yoshi
G&W
Bowser
Ness
Kirby
Pichu

BEES

Smash Lord
I have a very open-ended opinion of characters. I think only 3 characters are weak enough to go in the dust bin.

Usable characters that can win on their own
Fox/Falco/Puff/Marth/Shiek
Peach/Captain Falcon
Samus/Doctor Mario/Ganondorf/Ice Climbers

Usable Characters that require a stronger secondary
Pikachu/Mario/Donkey Kong/Luigi
Zelda/Roy/Link/Mewtwo
Mr Game & Watch/Young Link/Ness/Yoshi

Unusable Characters
Bowser/Kirby/Pichu

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
I have a very open-ended opinion of characters. I think only 3 characters are weak enough to go in the dust bin.

Peach/Captain Falcon

Zelda/Roy/Link/Mewtwo

Unusable Characters
Bowser/Kirby/Pichu
^ This.

+10 this

Armada

Smash Lord
Falco is overrated and he´s laser is the most overrated move in the game.
I don´t understand how Falco can be so high on that list.

And Puff should be number 1.

Kirby is underestimate and should be at least a couple steps up in the list.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion

i agree with what you said about falco,
but it is a joke to think that anyone could place above fox.

right now atleast.

Octave

Smash Ace
How I think it is. Only slight modifications to the original list.

Fox
Falco
Sheik

High

Jigglypuff
Marth

Upper

Peach
Falcon

Middle

Ice Climbers
Ganon
Samus
Doctor Mario

Low

Pikachu
Luigi
Link
DK
Mario

Bottom

Young Link
Mewtwo
Zelda

Garbage

Roy
Yoshi
G&W
Bowser
Ness
Kirby
Pichu

Peach/Captain Falcon

Zelda/Roy/Link/Mewtwo

Unusable Characters
Bowser/Kirby/Pichu
I agree with both of these. Edit: except that Puff should be switched with Sheik. there's really no argument there.

+1 for ICG tier, I can never understand what the **** he's talking about
+1 for Roy da bess

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
clearly puff is in the highest tier, theres no way to argu that sheik is better than puff. puff might not be better than fox but fox definetly isint the definitive best in the game anymore. not many foxs win big tourneys and definetly not sheik. only 2 people even use her that could win a national tourney, m2k and amsah. i think hboxs tier list is pretty much right. the ties dont really matter because those characters arent used enough

Rappster

Smash Ace
No I Won't!

I just think this list needs big improvement, that's all!

Nothing wrong with opinions KK!
except when they're wrong

but regarding the tier list, why don't we use the tournament placings list as a tiebreaker?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267771

my tiebreaks are in italics

Fox
Falco
Jigglypuff

High
Sheik
Marth

Upper

Falcon
Peach

Middle
Ice Climbers
Ganon
Samus
Doctor Mario

Low
Luigi
Pikachu
DK
Mario

Link

Bottom
Mewtwo
Zelda
Young Link

Garbage
Kirby
Roy
G&W
Bowser

Yoshi/Ness/Pichu

All following values suggested by KirbyKaze, with slight modifications from other players.

LLDL

Smash Hero
nah fox is the best. and when u say not many foxes win big tourneys, are you overlooking the fact that mango and hbox go to those said tourneys? It's not like there are other jiggs players that have one thsoe huge tourneys. Other ones, fox do win.

Impp

Smash Ace
The list is good. Have the MBR vote on this list. If it's a majority they should just make this the list. Breaking up ties seems kind of arbitrary.

PB&J

Smash Hero
luigi,dk,pikachu, and mario should be higher

icy's should be top/high tier

..doesnt really matter though..tier list doesnt prove anything

Mahone

Smash Champion

Armada, i agree with the falco's laser thing, but don't you think mabye you are biased when i comes to jiggs?

I honestly think jiggs shouldn't even be in the highest teir, fox and falco are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom