• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Marth become top tier again?

strawhats

Smash Master
well Kage, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's not like your abandoning ganon. Lots of great players have either added characters to beat a tough MU or to improve as a player. I.E. M2K picked up sheik for the ditto because he would lose as marth/fox to KDJ. Hell the whole reason m2k started using marth in the first place was becuase he had controller/consistency johns with fox. Not to mention Mango has evolved from puff to spacies. INB4 armada picking up YL to counter jiggz/hbox.

whatever you do though, keep that ganon pimp hand strong :)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
too bad ganon isn't a relevant matchup in the metagame cuz he sucks :/
it's funny because I saw this and no offense to Chadd because he's a good ganon but I can think of 30 more meaningful victories Kevin could've had while using his Marth fairly easily. At least some of them I'm pretty sure he won't win....but then again maybe he will..*yea...win it for the realest mother****ers in the game right now he will.*

LOL

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
<333 you guys

I'm thinking of focusing on Falco more to prepare for my salty runbacks on everyone ever but my Marth seems to be getting a little tune up as well. I get to play Mahone all weekend and my vs Puff game is looking great!

ps playing Mahone got me a sick Puff game initially(with Marth but it was enough to do really well vs Hbox[in friendlies a month before G2]) so don't discredit him.

Oh yeah that Ice thing....

The man has talent, but I'm not too concerned for the time being. =)

strawhats

Smash Master
hmm...a marth that can beat top puffs, sounds interesting. Well hbox at least, since mango doesn't play puff in singles these days and darc is pretty much retired.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
<333 you guys

I'm thinking of focusing on Falco more to prepare for my salty runbacks on everyone ever but my Marth seems to be getting a little tune up as well. I get to play Mahone all weekend and my vs Puff game is looking great!

ps playing Mahone got me a sick Puff game initially(with Marth but it was enough to do really well vs Hbox[in friendlies a month before G2]) so don't discredit him.

I think you are the only one that can play lower skilled players and somehow beat top players with what you learn, not fair! lol.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Whatever happens I just dont want Ganon to die out as a character. Hes so fun to watch.

<333 you guys

****ing Mahone lol. gettt eeem

leffen

Smash Champion
The scenario was PP getting good vs Puff with marth from playing Mahone. Armada beat the best puff after having 0 experience. Both were one matchup. And Armada can also use ALL characters in every matchup just as well (if not better) than PP.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Let's just say they're both incredibly gifted and flexible players that can do anything. I'm sure they both practiced very hard with their respective secondaries to overcome specific matchups.

:phone:

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
I like watching PP marth because it really plays by the book and he uses tools and moves that ppl forgot all about like foward titlt i just think the type of player he is is the perfect style for marth to put marth metagame back on track and i hope he wipes it out in tourney matches :) but when i watch Ice play its like I can see his imagination flow right into the game and he seems really creative but if anything
talented and hes seems to have the most potential with marth to push him further he just needs more experience like his matches from Beast 2 really showed what marth can really do and hes adding more options in marth games like reverse fairs and stuff
Marth a reactionary character dont forget

my list is
Ice
Dr.peepee (marth)
Taj and Tai
Hbk (more confidence )

Ps. Taj your my hero :)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The scenario was PP getting good vs Puff with marth from playing Mahone. Armada beat the best puff after having 0 experience. Both were one matchup. And Armada can also use ALL characters in every matchup just as well (if not better) than PP.
I thought he grinded it out vs Hack's Puff LOL wtf

Not sure why Armada was brought up in the Marth thread anyway lol, guess we can talk about Armada having a good anti-Peach Marth or something though. That's a cool thing he does.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Marth is the third best character in the game.

Anyone who thinks Jigglypuff is higher than 7th is bad at this game and would have better luck playing Brawl.

Wake

Smash Master
I thought he grinded it out vs Hack's Puff LOL wtf

Not sure why Armada was brought up in the Marth thread anyway lol, guess we can talk about Armada having a good anti-Peach Marth or something though. That's a cool thing he does.
Yeah I heard he practiced with Hack's Puff too.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
lol ur so clever and insightful, 10/10 troll.
If you're trolled by this, you have no business being on the internet.

What I said is what I, and many other better players believe, and if you're incapable of understanding this, I'd consider reevaluating yourself.

:3

Divinokage

Smash Legend

What I said is what I, and many other better players believe, and if you're incapable of understanding this, I'd consider reevaluating yourself.

Don't worry about him, he'll assume many things before actually looking into it first.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

the notion that disagreeing with you on an issue of subjectivity is a sign of stupidity and as such should play a stupid game is just more evidence to the pile of evidence of your overly arrogant and obnoxious attitude on SWF. if you really care what people think of you, stop doing this. support your opinion logically rather than retardedly.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Renegade real talk.

Dart is not better than HBK or Tai.

Midwest players are still not on AZ or Tristate's level. Besides a few names.

I.B is also better than Dart. Dart is good he just has to go prove it. All of these other marth's have accomplished bigger feats.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Renegade real talk.

Dart is not better than HBK or Tai.

Midwest players are still not on AZ or Tristate's level. Besides a few names.

I.B is also better than Dart. Dart is good he just has to go prove it. All of these other marth's have accomplished bigger feats.
Tai didn't make to G2 brackets, Dart did. WHERE YOU AT!?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Tai plays better players more consistently. Also i like Tai's style more than Darts because he's so smooth. So perhaps i may be a little more bias.

HBK just plays gayer better than Dart. HBK has also beaten top players that Dart has neither beaten/had the chance to play, so by this regard HBK deserves more credit.

Dart i'm not targeting you by any means. Your a good guy, but i like to keep fan boys in check.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Tai plays better players more consistently. Also i like Tai's style more than Darts because he's so smooth. So perhaps i may be a little more bias.

HBK just plays gayer better than Dart. HBK has also beaten top players that Dart has neither beaten/had the chance to play, so by this regard HBK deserves more credit.

Dart i'm not targeting you by any means. Your a good guy, but i like to keep fan boys in check.
results wise Dart is clearly ahead of Tai atm

not that either have had very many nationals to prove themselves at so far, but still...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's impossible to tell anything with HBK because he hasn't been at anything in forever. His previous records are still probably better or comparable (I admit I don't know them too intimately). Same for I.B.

Dart > Tai

It's gay, but I believe results are actually kind of important.

While responding to this, I was trying to think of active NTSC Marths. I came up with Dart, Tai, Taj (?), Niko, and M2K (kind of?). I'm not sure if I'm missing some massive group of players. I guess toss Dr. Peepee in there if he starts using him more in tournament or something but I can't think of more Marth players.

Top Bottom