• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Marth become top tier again?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Hyprid, hes from cali. Idk if nor or south. Hes not bad but hes not on the level of dart/tai etc.

For any of u not sure, i <3 tai and he knows it. I just think dart is better.

Dont be mad at me tai.

:phone:

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I love Hyprid, although he's definitely not as good as the other people in consideration. He has been improving at a pretty solid rate over the course of this year, though; cheers to progress.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
He's really, really good; he's just inactive sometimes. He's likely on the same level as many of the other names being thrown around right now.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
tai is like, the ****. seriously

also bob$ is hella good, why arent people mentioning him. he is super solid

sorry i'm too lazy to explain why these players are really good but you just gotta play them haha

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
my results suck
and i haven't really played anyone that dart has also played
i'd like to respectfully disagree with reneblade and whoever else, but i'm not gonna try to convince anyone of anything.

fun fact: i recently moved really close to taj and AZ's sheik main 2 weeks ago
brb in a semester

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
Ice
DrPP
TaJ
Tai
HBK
M2K
Dart
I.B
Diakonos
Strawhats
PewPew

Niko ( I like him alot but all i can say is jman smh)
KDJ if he played more his marth would sky rocket the list

Tai>Dart I think placing someone off one tourney where he didnt even place top 10 and comparing pools tai was probably harder is kinda ridiculous. At this stage with both players i think it would be alot better to base there placings off the people they were able to beat where Tai has an outstanding record compare to Dart but on the other hand Dart did beat tope with marth and thats really impressive so it could go either way just my opinion

leffen

Smash Champion
After playing both dart and tai (even tho I didnt play Tai in tournament) I'd say that Tai is a tad bit better vs Falco. Dart seems more on point with sheik though so idk.

It doesnt really matter though, its about who WINS, not about who places more decently than the other. Most placement below 4th place are really uncertain in terms of skill ranking imho, its so much about who you meet etc.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Tai>Dart I think placing someone off one tourney where he didnt even place top 10 and comparing pools tai was probably harder is kinda ridiculous. At this stage with both players i think it would be alot better to base there placings off the people they were able to beat where Tai has an outstanding record compare to Dart but on the other hand Dart did beat tope with marth and thats really impressive so it could go either way just my opinion
Fly, Dr. Peepee, Tope, SFAT, Kou, C!Z, Juce

seems comparable to

Mango, Kage, Phil, DoH, Shoyo, Eggz, Tang

Dart seemed good versus Fox during his Genesis 2 run, so I don't see why he wouldn't make it out of Tai's pool. He beat Lucky and SFAT during that tournament, so... yeah. Of course, if Tope decided to not get high like a motherfucker, neither of them should have made it to bracket. :p

Max?

Smash Champion
Getting high does not count as a john at all. If anything, thats classified as a performance enhancing drug where I come from.

All bias aside, Dart's 3rd round pool is way harder than Tai's IMO

Dart!

Smash Master
Ice
DrPP
TaJ
Tai
HBK
M2K
Dart
I.B
Diakonos
Strawhats
PewPew
Hyprid

also, i think falcomist's marth would be legit if he played him more.

i like this list. except for dr peepee, he doesn't play marth in real tournaments.

Niko45

Smash Master
It's just so much easier to exceed expectations when there are none. :D

Also wtf you guys forgot about Teczero's Marth too. Smh

Dart!

Smash Master
Ice
DrPP
TaJ
Tai
HBK
M2K
Dart
I.B
Diakonos
Strawhats
PewPew
Hyprid

also, i think falcomist's marth would be legit if he played him more.

i like this list. except for dr peepee, he doesn't play marth in real tournaments.
Just looked at it...why the **** was niko not on it? anyway add niko to it and its gold.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't mind being on a list or whatever(not a Marth main anyway) lol. I'll play more Marth when I prove myself with Falco. I've seen my Marth's potential and I'll flesh it out when it's time.

I like side B with Marth once in a while. Calling a Fox Nair can get some sick damage with the first 3 hits, and conditioning with the first hit or two can lead to funny conditioning things. Also the third hit mixed in high and low can shield poke and are kinda safe if the opponent isn't expecting you to do it+Marth steps back after doing the down variation.

Random thing but maybe an actual Marth main will put it to good use. =)

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I like side B with Marth once in a while. Calling a Fox Nair can get some sick damage with the first 3 hits, and conditioning with the first hit or two can lead to funny conditioning things. Also the third hit mixed in high and low can shield poke and are kinda safe if the opponent isn't expecting you to do it+Marth steps back after doing the down variation.

Random thing but maybe an actual Marth main will put it to good use. =)
Haha we been doing that shi....in friendlies lol.

Top Bottom