• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl on the MLG 2010 Pro Circuit (Edited with Additional Info in first post)

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Amazing news! Discuss away.

You can find the announcement here

Edited Addition:
Yo all. So given that the announcement left a lot of questions for everyone figured I would take a crack at some of them.

First off, a brief summary for those of you that haven't been to the Pro Circuit ever or in awhile. It simply is the best competitive gaming experience out there. It is a huge production. Sponsor booths with giveaways/contest, models (yes models rock), lights everywhere, gamers from around the world, a huge main stage, some of the best equipment you will ever see, incredible venues, amazing tournaments admins, staff, and some of the best run tournaments you will ever go to. It really is the pinnacle of competitive gaming experiences out there. I would suggest taking a look through some photo galleries to get an idea of what I am talking about. And when it comes to the 2010 season you can only expect bigger and better things. I've spent several years going to tournaments all over and MLG are the tournaments to go to, period.

Great picture of welcome announcement

So being back on the circuit it's important that everyone represents our community like we should. Showing MLG why we are one of the biggest, best communities out there, and show up in droves to events. It's an experience you will not regret.

In terms of some more details.
-We will do door registration for 2v2 with 100% payouts (Exact % per place structure TBD). So that means on top of the huge prizes for singles (and incredible prizes for finals) there will be a full 2v2 pot. Teams are too amazing for us to leave them out.
-You are not required to play online to play in the events. Online is just used to tie into your seed points into events. But live seed points will be the primary factor. More details to come there.
-Only the top players as by live rank points throughout the season will qualify for finals. That means the more events you come to the better chance you have to punch your ticket to finals for a chance to play for the largest prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th ever given out for a smash tournament anywhere ever.
-On top of that the top 16 players based on season rank points will be given a $200 check by simply showing up to an event after Columbus. Not to mention have the chance to compete for single prizes, doubles prizes, and that finals spot.

Now to some more general stuff.

Melee, I frickin love Melee. But the simple reality is that Brawl is a good game in its own right. And in terms of growing this, getting sponsors on board, taking it to new heights aka the things we want to do here. It just makes more sense to go with Brawl. I have no doubt there will continue to be a great grassroots community for Melee and plenty of tournaments to be had. But guys, seriously do what's right for the community as a whole and don't derail this thread with the whole Brawl vs. Melee thing. We got one of the VPs of the company posting in here, so lets start with being back on the circuit on a good note as he was one of the guys that was pushing for it on our behalf and go from there.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm goning to finally prove myself! YES!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
This is pretty amazing. Too bad it didn't happen a year ago when I actually played Brawl =/

Bring back Melee ; _ ;

Handorin

Smash Hero
Glad to see smash is back. Hope it runs well and brings Melee back. One day.

john!

Smash Hero
Yeah I think this is awesome, because once more people convert to Melee, MLG will already (hopefully) have a good impression of the Smash community and bring back Melee as well. I don't really play Brawl but this is a good first step.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
Yeah I think this is awesome, because once more people convert to Melee, MLG will already (hopefully) have a good impression of the Smash community and bring back Melee as well. I don't really play Brawl but this is a good first step.
i hope so brawls soooooo lameeeee to watch

at least it will bring more ppl into smash hopefully and hopefully melee

guess they heard my call

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262371

Renth

Smash Hero
Glad to see people are happy about this..

Good luck MLG try not to laugh brawl out as soon as it comes in. I know I would.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
Well, since MLG dropped GoW2 I think I'm going to be coming back to my roots here on the Smashboards.

Good to see some variety on the part of MLG though.

Kisses

Smash Cadet
my only worry is that people plank and scrooge at mlg...because I doubt we'll be brought back next year if people do.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
hell yes, i approve. kinda lame how some of the brawl haters still saying its a mistake though. tsk tsk tsk, such children.

FluiD

Smash Apprentice
The question you all should be asking is why the **** it wasn't melee. MLG will never learn.

FluiD

Smash Apprentice
hell yes, i approve. kinda lame how some of the brawl haters still saying its a mistake though. tsk tsk tsk, such children.
HA i dont know how guys guys think brawl is fun. What is there to get excited about, the characters are all floaty and there is no combos? Chain grabs to death HELL YA! please.

Top Bottom