• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/worst/weirdest gamertags

Fubudis

Smash Cadet
Irish Mafia is a pretty terrible name. I mean it doesn't come much worse than that...

Proverbs is okay, except I would have gone with Mark 14:27 for two reason. It's prophecy and its SOOOO fast...

Cero

Smash Lord
DashDanceDan, MikeHAZE, Silent Spectre, SephirothKen, Mike Nasty, Bob$, Aniki, Isai, Bombsoldier, Thunders, Darkrain, Swiftbass, Armada, Silent Wolf, Bladewise, Boss, Pink Shinobi, Azen Zagenite, Strawhat Dahean, Overtriforce, Iori, phanna, Simna, Teczero, VirusBlueMage, and LuninSpectra are all names, off the top of my head, that I've always liked the sound of.

EDIT: Also, Death By **** has to be the best name for a crew ever. :)

Zone

Smash Champion
I'd have to say Zhu by itself seems pretty cool. But when you put Keeper in there with a avatar full of pigs. It seems less cool. lol

I'd have to say The weird names/typical bad *** names tend to stick out to me.

Zoom I thought was a cool name from "The Punch Crew"
I lol'd at Dr.pee pee's name. Sure it's by no means cool, but silly/weird/corny stuff amuses me sometimes.

I tend to be lame and not look at a name by itself. I relate the cool of their name to their skill. Like I think Mew2King sounds like a boss name. But I have this feeling if Jason had a different name, and my little brother tried to make Mew2King his name. I'd be like "That's lame man."

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Honestly I really like Armada's "AR" tag. I think if a short tag can be cool it gets extra points.. but of course it's just my opinion that it's a cool tag

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
In just curious as to where how someone thinks up their name
It of course depends on various things. Alot of people had their smash names given to them, like me. People gave me my DJ name/smash name and I just stuck with it for years. Even before smash came out I used my DJ name as my smash tag. Sometimes there's history and even stories on how people got their smash names or named themselves.

For example, the story behind how Lambchops got his name is pretty funny when he told me lol.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Irish Mafia is a pretty terrible name. I mean it doesn't come much worse than that...

Proverbs is okay, except I would have gone with Mark 14:27 for two reason. It's prophecy and its SOOOO fast...
At first I read that and was like "Wait, someone on smashboards is quoting Scripture other than me!?" And then I was like "Oh wait, that's just Scott."

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I can't take the name Dr. Peepee seriously. I never want to say "Man, I wish my Falco was just like Dr. Peepee's." You just sound stupid. It's a good thing I play Falcon and can say I want to be like Darkrain or SilentSpectre or Scar or Hax. Those sound legit.

Oh, and Marth1 is the absolute worst tag I've ever heard of ever (but his HRC videos are so legit :D).

Peepee is too legit. The fact that his tag is Dr. Peepee just makes it more epic. "****, PP is too good"

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Silentspectre is really good.
you know your name isn't good when ppl opt to call you by your real name and never ur tag. Ppl always call SS jeff or shorten it to SS, because its not convenient as a tag.

Which reminds me. How did I forget Mango?! Best tag of all time (behind mine and as I mentioned before Today's), it has a funny story, its original, its short, its as fruity as a jiggs main, and its just raaaaape.

edit: me and my friend were looking up stuff for fire emblem MANY years ago and we didn't want to use our real names on a forum (we were afraid of pedos coming and kidnapping us if we put our real names) so we made some kinda weird mix of marth and roy. Over time this somehow became rathy.... Yeah I don't get it either.

Animal

Smash Lord
Animal - awesome. Honeybadger - Awesome. Dr. PeePee - no offense i hateee this name but ur skill made up for it a lil bit. but i prefer to call u Dr. PehPeh

oh and me and honeybadgers team name is Groovesharks. rapee

dieslow

Smash Ace
dieslow definition: to edge guard somebody with fox/falco ftilts all day until they decide to not try to recover

VA

Smash Hero
lol, I liked it that people called you tony dieslow, I thought that was cool....

but my join date is earlier therefore I'm better.

PB&J

Smash Hero
pb&j definition: back when i was using ice climbers i was thinking of names to call them..some were TOM AND JERRY or ROCKY AND BULWINKLE and then i said PINKY AND THE BRAIN as soon as i said pinky and the brain i thought of PB&J BECAUSE NANA AND POPO STICK TOGETHER LIKE PB&J

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I miss PigMooner or w/e the **** your old name was Zoo.
i believe zhu was Hylianlord before thezhukeeper

The name sasukebowser is so dumb lol

I also really liked the name Healing Red Wizard... it was an attempt to troll Virusbluemage

X1-12

Smash Champion
I also really liked the name Healing Red Wizard... it was an attempt to troll Virusbluemage
There is Genuinely a UK smasher called VirusBlewmage (not virusbluemage)

I'm very confused here.

Is there anyone in Greater Manchester who plays melée? I dont play brawl - no wii =[

VBM is not a noob, his falco is really sick.

btw J03 is like #6 in the UK

coincidence?

or perhaps the UK is just trolling you???

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You know, I actually didn't think many people would know my name when I started, or I wouldn't have used this tag lol. Now I guess we all have to deal with it. =p

My other option was hot fuzz, which wasn't any better lol.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
BluePeachy100 is the worst name ever. It had to be made up in two minutes.

I like JesiahTEG, and RaynEX. (I like caps at the end of the names) But mainly, they are really creative.

I'm changing my name to SynthusBlue, yo. =P

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
BluePeachy100 is the worst name ever. It had to be made up in two minutes.

I like JesiahTEG, and RaynEX. (I like caps at the end of the names) But mainly, they are really creative.

I'm changing my name to SynthusBlue, yo. =P
I'm pretty sure there is a thread on the boards where you can request a mod to change your username. SynthusBlue sounds cool.

BEHR

Smash Hero
My Favorite name is Darkrain. just so nice.

There needs to be someone with the name THE DREAM.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure there is a thread on the boards where you can request a mod to change your username. SynthusBlue sounds cool.
Really? I thought you could only do it by getting a Premium account or a new account altogether.

(I wouldn't have a probably with getting a new account, if I had a secondary Email... Owait!)

Oh, I forgot Fly Amanita. When he told me how he came up with it I was pretty surprised.

Top Bottom