• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/worst/weirdest gamertags

debaser

Smash Lord
the best tags are the ones that seem like they were taken verbatim from their 8th grade aim account.

such as:
chillindude882
blunted_object_10
unknown522
smoke2jointz

though my favorite tag has got to me smoke2jointz

the worst tags are those one word concepts, thought up in an attempt to be mysteriously intelligent.

such as:
Idea

Hax

Smash Champion
best: QueenDVS, Hax$, Action *******, Smoke2Joints, Silent Spectre, DJ Nintendo

worst: Dr. Peepee, Jman, GingerbreadPimp

Gingerbreadpmp

Smash Rookie
Oh word my bad i forgot to add the worst names. Id say Zerohax and Abdul Aziz Achmed Al Yami are pretty terrible

Hax

Smash Champion
ight ellington your last name is kirby... f*cking bottom tier character lmao

you were destined to be terrible at smash

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yeah all the really good players from back in the day have ****ing bad tags hahaha. with the exception of Isai (Malva ***** too, even with 00 on the end... looks so sly)

but easily best tag = Alpha Delpha The Yunx The Dry-Wall Slayer.

any tag with $ on the end makes me want to punch someone. even though they sound cool as F*CK.

Raynex is **** tag. KirbyKaze not so much.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
the best tags are the ones that seem like they were taken verbatim from their 8th grade aim account.

such as:
chillindude882
blunted_object_10
unknown522
smoke2jointz

though my favorite tag has got to me smoke2jointz

the worst tags are those one word concepts, thought up in an attempt to be mysteriously intelligent.

such as:
Idea
Idea is closer to something short and sweet, some people can get away with that. (for example using it as a tag while battling) But you are right, but like I said, it seems as though it would be better than something sloppy you thought up as a kid, as opposed to that (idea > sumo_066) but I'm not good with names. ;3

Animal

Smash Lord
Animal and Honeybadger are still **** as hell. But what the **** is a Prog?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
HALL OF FAME: IGimpedMew2King

Best tag ever: Main Street *****

Second best tag is Animal, mainly because even being so late he was the first person to think of something like that. lol

Worst:
Falco Master123
Jordan
Kareem Abdul'd Ya Bar
Smasher89
RapePeachy001

CelloLuCC

Smash Apprentice
I just love Lord. Primarily due to all the God jokes that float around with it that I find hysterical.

aujomoore

Smash Rookie
Over your career, you've heard many diverse gamertags, ranging from relatively plain to terrible to amazing. On a two-hour car ride with Axe, we started entertaining ourselves by looking at gamertags.

What are some names that just stand out to you and why?

Do you think they're (the names are) good?
Are they bad?
Do they just make you curious in a way? If so, just name the person and discuss/question.

I have got to say, one of the WORST gamertags I have ever heard has to be GamerGuitarist7. What a generic piece of **** name. You're a gamer, and you play the guitar. **** you <3 ;)

On the other hand, I really like the name Darkrain. It just sounds so bada55 (swf censors suck) when you say it out loud. DARKRAIN

I'm not sure how I feel about the name Dr. Peepee. What exactly is/was the origin of that? I heard he's studying to be a urologist or something but I dunno if that was a joke or not.

EDIT:

DISCLAIMER: Please don't make this thread a billion posts saying (my own tag) is really bad.
Over your career, you've heard many diverse gamertags, ranging from relatively plain to terrible to amazing. On a two-hour car ride with Axe, we started entertaining ourselves by looking at gamertags.

What are some names that just stand out to you and why?

Do you think they're (the names are) good?
Are they bad?
Do they just make you curious in a way? If so, just name the person and discuss/question.

I have got to say, one of the WORST gamertags I have ever heard has to be GamerGuitarist7. What a generic piece of **** name. You're a gamer, and you play the guitar. **** you <3 ;)

On the other hand, I really like the name Darkrain. It just sounds so bada55 (swf censors suck) when you say it out loud. DARKRAIN

I'm not sure how I feel about the name Dr. Peepee. What exactly is/was the origin of that? I heard he's studying to be a urologist or something but I dunno if that was a joke or not.

EDIT:

DISCLAIMER: Please don't make this thread a billion posts saying (my own tag) is really bad.
I think the coolest one that I’ve came across so far is muffin from mars. That one is cool. The dumb names are the cool ones. I don’t mean dumb like, ken... I mean dumb but cool like stupid but something you’ve put just enough effort into. As soon as your tag sounds like you put way too much time and meaning behind it it’s becomes actually dumb.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
I love mine. "Grey". Why? It was the name of my cat in college. When I started playing Melee more seriously near the end of my college career, I became "Grey" because the thought of a cat playing melee was just hilarious to me at the time.

Edit: Another good name I came across was "Catfood McGee".

Last edited:

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Holy thread bumps Batman.

I once ran into a guy who played under the tag OstrichFetish7.

No idea.

LEO142

Smash Rookie
tbh i love a tag as long as it's creative.
My own tag sucks ****, since it's just "Leo" bui the o is a zero. So it looks like "Le0"

Top Bottom