• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-Meta Knight Discussion

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Not sure if it'd be worth using Sheik in this fight (since last I heard it's pretty rough). I think that Sheiks will use Sheik, Zeldas would just stay Zelda, and Sheik/Zelda would skip Sheik and just use Zelda.
The combination of the two can't be ranked together because regardless, only one will be out at a time and each will perform differently

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
It's kind of amusing to me that there is a character so much better then the rest that we create tier lists revolving around beating him and his moves.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I hope we all know why the God tier is what it is. Yoshi has a <50% kill and a chaingrab, Snake beats MK on the ground, almost evening it out, Bowser has a chaingrab and some other tricks, and Falco has a chaingrab that can bring the match into his favor easily if he lands it. The others have good summaries on their boards, I think.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I hope we all know why the God tier is what it is. Yoshi has a <50% kill and a chaingrab, Snake beats MK on the ground, almost evening it out, Bowser has a chaingrab and some other tricks, and Falco has a chaingrab that can bring the match into his favor easily if he lands it. The others have good summaries on their boards, I think.
50:50 constitutes "god tier"? No character is considered at an overall advantage to MK, so god tier isn't quite possible here

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Well, God would be MK, and Top would be the aforementioned characters.

IMO:

50/50:

MK

55/45:

Falco
Yoshi
Snake
Bowser

60/40:

DK
Zamus
Olimar
Wario
King Dedede
Diddy Kong
Lucario
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Charizard

That's what I have for now.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
This is the dumbest topic I have ever seen. This is basically everything that you can find in MK's match up thread. And certain Mk's have trouble against certain characters.

neji32

Smash Lord
pikachu should be top....anther has said himself the pika mk match up is at least even but slightly in pikas favor "pikachu mk match up is 49.6/50.4 pika"

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
pikachu should be top....anther has said himself the pika mk match up is at least even but slightly in pikas favor "pikachu mk match up is 49.6/50.4 pika"
What is that? Like an extra thunder jolt a stock or something? :laugh:

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Why does Ness do so much better compared to Lucas? If anything, Lucas should be better because he has a tether recovery and can't get gimped as easily while using up-b.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Ness doesn't get ultra-gimped like people seem to think, and that said, MK can't even move over to Ness fast enough while he uses PKT2, and he risks dying at a freakishly low %.

On top of that, Ness's aerials are a lot more troublesome for MK than Lucas's aerials could ever hope to be. MK beats them both handily on the ground, so Lucas's ground game advantage over Ness is pretty much nil. Ness's throws are better - f-throw and u-throw for good damage and for getting MK off-stage and b-throw at around 110% for the kill, give or take a little.

EDIT: OP, what convinced you to move Zelda down to mid tier?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yoshi
Snake
Falco
Bowser
Donkey Kong

High
Diddy Kong

^ Switch Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong and it should be about right.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
How is ZSS dropping? She certainly does better against MK than at least four of the characters who are above her. She has good enough answers for much of his arsenal compared to a lot of the top characters.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
How the hell does Pika do well vs MK?

MK shuts down his options hard.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ness has a 60-40 match up against MK yet is below wolf who's match up against MK is 65-35?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Snake
Zero-Suit Samus; Olimar
Falco; Diddy Kong; Yoshi

High
Donkey Kong; King Dedede
Game&Watch; Lucario
Pikachu; Wario
Marth; Kirby; ROB

Middle
Peach; Bowser; Toon Link
Ike; Luigi; Wolf
Shiek; Ice Climbers

Low
Sonic; Pit
Fox; Jigglypuff

These guys dont matter >_>

Samus
Ivysaur
Link
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Charizard
Lucas
Zelda
Ness
Squirtle
Zelda
Mario

Ace Of Flames

Smash Apprentice
WHAT THE ***?

Diddy kong only in high? Are you off your rocker? Explain asap. Those bananas are devils. That fcker should be at the top.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
how did you come up with this anyways?

the MK boards only show DK, Yoshi, Snake, Bowser as threats and at that very small ones....

MrEh

Smash Hero
Snake
Zero-Suit Samus; Olimar
Falco; Diddy Kong; Yoshi

High
Donkey Kong; King Dedede
Game&Watch; Lucario
Pikachu; Wario
Marth; Kirby; ROB

Middle
Peach; Bowser; Toon Link
Ike; Luigi; Wolf
Shiek; Ice Climbers
Bowser does better then that against Meta.

Top Bottom