• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-Meta Knight Discussion

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
FIRST: READ POST #290 ON PAGE 20

So yeah, I've decided to take the list off because it's way too much to expect from a lone member not even allowed in the back room to manage all the opinions of everyone who has posted here, let alone how I don't want anyone to think that by posting my own list that I declare myself the expert.

I suggest that if you plan to continue visiting this thread, to not discuss the former list (if you happen to remember who was on top) but rather just... idk, maybe post your own "Anti-MK Top 5" with reasonable backing or something.

For those who may have gotten frustrated with there not being any changes made to the list for a long time, I apologize but keep in mind: I thought this thread died a long time ago so I didn't think anyone really cared anymore. (I was surprised to see it had even gotten back on page 1 of the tactical section)

Thanks

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Yoshi is a total MK CP.

On that note:

Link - Deva seems to dominate MK, but it only seems to be Deva so... -_-

Pikachu-... why Pikachu?...?

Snake should be higher, he dominates when on the ground, but when airborne he gets dominated.

ROB - Highly depends what stage... I faced HugS with my MK, and I've got to say its a little hard, but not harder then a good Snake.

@Barge
Tier Lists =/= Who does best vs Meta Knight List

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Wouldn't it just be the same list, without metaknight?
Unlike THE TIER LIST, this is just focused against 1 character, not a general ranking (which includes tourney results too right?)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Mario is at least upper mid tier in this. The cape destroys MK's side special approach and his recoveries. FIHL works wonders against the glide attack (using this as an example, it also helps with many other attacks).

Mario does good against MK, compared to many others.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
rob needs to be way lower. snake should be second to diddy (or above, not really sure on that one atm). pikachu should move down a tier. zss and yoshi move to top. gw moves down slightly. fox moves up slightly. olimar moves up a lot.

I'm giving up at this point, someone else fix the rest.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
My god this list is bad. You should look on the boards and gather information about the matchups vs MK. WHY is Captain Falcon higher than Yoshi?!?!? Yoshi has a CG and is overall better than Captain Falcon!
Snake Definetly needs to be higher. In fact most of the Top Tier characters need to go higher on this list.
IC's Low?!?! There are some massive mistakes here....And Marth is under Zelda and Lucario?? Yeah really plaease change this around. It is really inaccurate.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Mario is at least upper mid tier in this. The cape destroys MK's side special approach and his recoveries. FIHL works wonders against the glide attack (using this as an example, it also helps with many other attacks).

Mario does good against MK, compared to many others.
rob needs to be way lower. snake should be second to diddy (or above, not really sure on that one atm). pikachu should move down a tier. zss and yoshi move to top. gw moves down slightly. fox moves up slightly. olimar moves up a lot.

I'm giving up at this point, someone else fix the rest.
My god this list is bad. You should look on the boards and gather information about the matchups vs MK. WHY is Captain Falcon higher than Yoshi?!?!? Yoshi has a CG and is overall better than Captain Falcon!
Snake Definetly needs to be higher. In fact most of the Top Tier characters need to go higher on this list.
IC's Low?!?! There are some massive mistakes here....And Marth is under Zelda and Lucario?? Yeah really plaease change this around. It is really inaccurate.
revisions have been made, keep em coming

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen Bowser or Donkey Kong? They're definitely high or top tier against Meta.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
First put Captain Falcon WAY!!!!! At the bottom....of Low he dosen't have **** on him.
You have Shiek on their twice. Ness won't do good against MK and should be lower. Kirby needs to go higher, Pit needs to go lower...I got more

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Just look at the Metaknight matchup thread. >_>
I second this.....but then again it mostly says.....SPAM NADO and blah blah blah you'll have to head into each character thread and pull from their the needed information to make an appropiate list....

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Falco should be above everyone.

He's the only character so far that the Metaknight boards have thought had an advantage (55-45) over their MK, no?

ABC33

Smash Rookie
****...I must have a pretty good Peach. I requested fights with 9 metaknights already and all spammed with him...all laid underneath my feet. I say the F+B is useful

Oracle

Smash Master

MK

Middle

Snake
Falco

Who cares

Everyone else

Captain falcon tier

Captain falcon

EDIT: 500th Post!

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Um, Shouldn't Metaknight be at the top?
read the P.S.

I didn't include him because we shouldn't rely on the strategy of MK v MK as the best strategy, I dunno, it just doesn't seem like he should be in the list.

Besides, if he's already considered the best matchup against himself, there's no need to include him. All the ones up there should be up for debate

GMo

Smash Apprentice
I can't see Falco being up there as 1. This may be a reflection of my (lack of?) skill, however. It seems that whenever he gets in my face I can't shake him, plus recovering with Falco against MK is a nightmare.

I do better with my 2nd, DK. By a lot. (Obviously not much rational behind this, just my experience, also could be a reflection of skill/playstyle)

Also, I don't think the MK boards thought at one point that MK was at a disadvantage against Falco, just in certain situations/on certain stages (JJapes/FD). Also, it wasn't really a general consensus - it was mostly just a few players.

Also...Planking?

EDIT: You here a lot of about Snake when it comes to who has an advantage on MK (Inui, amongst others (I guess?)).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
read the P.S.

I didn't include him because we shouldn't rely on the strategy of MK v MK as the best strategy, I dunno, it just doesn't seem like he should be in the list.

Besides, if he's already considered the best matchup against himself, there's no need to include him. All the ones up there should be up for debate
Ah, my mistake, I didn't see that lol.
:laugh:

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Olimar deserves to be high tier. Even though his recovery does get gimped by mk pretty easily, Olimar's camping severly hurts mk. Mk can't dair camp due to Olimar's up-smash/up-air and mk can be grabbed out of tornado.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Olimar deserves to be high tier. Even though his recovery does get gimped by mk pretty easily, Olimar's camping severly hurts mk. Mk can't dair camp due to Olimar's up-smash/up-air and mk can be grabbed out of tornado.
hehehe, I'm glad to make the change

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
According to the MK boards match-up thread, his worst matches are Snake, DK, Bowser, Falco, and Yoshi all still 55-45 MK advantage. Of course that's biased and only out of the characters they have covered so far. Just throwing that out there.

lordsturm473

Smash Cadet
Doesn't Metaknight fly the farthest off the top of the stage? Meaning, theoretically, of course (I don't know any good MK's, and I'm not quite into the tourney scene yet), the easiest way to kill an MK would be with a Usmash, Utilt, Uair or Uthrow (or a Dair stage spike, or something similar). Failing to kill him off the sides isn't so viable because his superb recovery doesn't allow for a wide margin of error, and it'd be kind of hard to spike him due to his great aerial options.

That being said, wouldn't characters with great vertical killing options, like Ivysaur, Olimar, Lucas, G+W and others have an easier time killing this guy?

Of course, it's not as simple as that. Ivysaur and Olimar (and probably Lucas, but again, not much experience there), in particular, stand out against this theory, because they're easily gimped, and MK is the ultimate gimp-er. Factors like that can't be ignored.

But still, vertical kill power cannot be ignored, either, especially in Olimar's case (working from experience here-Olimar is the character I know best). His Uthrow, Usmash and Uair are all very powerful tools, especially if the player's using the right Pikmin ("right Pikmin" generally meaning Purples :laugh:). Same with Ivysaur and Lucas. If a good Ivy or Lucas player can set up those tremendous Usmashes, they'd have a short time working through an MK player's stocks.

I dunno, just some food for thought. I was looking through the "Project Vertical" thread when I thought of this.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Yes, vertical kills are more viable against MK.

Luckily, Zelda has just that! :D

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
If MK has enough damage on him to be killed vertically, he has enough to be killed horizontally (granted that the limit above and the limit to the sides are the same distance from the stage)

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Can another copy of the list come out already. Obviously everyone is repping their main character only giving out 1 fact at a time but I'm not convinced that because of just one fact that should be enough to up that characters spot on the list. Don't tell me Zelda is good at killing vertical yet you fail to mention how good Zelda does overall vs MK Give us FACTS that support why (insert character) should go higher on the list!!!!

LOTION!!!

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
I'm going to throw out that I think that the Pokemon should all be listed as Pokemon Trainer for the fact that each pokemon individualy dosen't have what it takes to dominate a MK when tourny rules are in play. They simply won't get the job done. And on top of that any good PkMn Trainer knows that PkMn Change gets rid of the attack degradation. It would be wise to put PkMn Trainer rather than the three PkMn indiviudally I think........

Top Bottom