• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Characters Match-up Chart (9/07 update)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Everyone ***** Ganon's recovery.

Also it's possible to up B with Ganon in such a way that he can not get killed by the cape.

Renth

Smash Hero
Haha, I'm sure. If you ever come down to the NYC area we should play. Try this:

Exarch vs. Renth -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw0ZqHmKGXE
- You should know who Renth is, and Exarch is a peach main I believe who still manages to beat him through patience.

SmashMac vs. Renth -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPiBJOjtpZ8&feature=related
- one of the best Doc's vs. one of the best Ganons. Doc just ***** Ganon's recovery.

Of course Ganon outranges/is more powerful than the Marios, but Ganon outranges/powerhouses 95% of the cast. The matchup is definitely even.
whoa whoa whoa, the Exarch match should not be included in this. Read the fine print on the extra details on that youtube vid. It was in no way a serious match.

Smash Mac rules.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFY0-Ctn-H8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBLgnSsozI&feature=related

Watch all 3 matches not just the last one.

Also, i believe Dr. Mario Vs. Ganon is 50-50

I've been taken out fast and i've had long hard matches. It's a pretty even match up if both players are close in skill range

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Didn't Phanna explicitly state that he isn't going to bother to update this chart anymore?

otg

Smash Master
Watch all 3 matches not just the last one.

Also, i believe Dr. Mario Vs. Ganon is 50-50

I've been taken out fast and i've had long hard matches. It's a pretty even match up if both players are close in skill range
I did watch all 3, he beat you in the set! I just put up the last one because it was a good example as to what we were debating. I'm not hating on your skills at all Renth, your freaking BEAST.

I've actually found more videos of you destroying Doc's than losing to them, lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Haha, I'm sure. If you ever come down to the NYC area we should play. Try this:

Exarch vs. Renth -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw0ZqHmKGXE
- You should know who Renth is, and Exarch is a peach main I believe who still manages to beat him through patience.

SmashMac vs. Renth -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPiBJOjtpZ8&feature=related
- one of the best Doc's vs. one of the best Ganons. Doc just ***** Ganon's recovery.

Of course Ganon outranges/is more powerful than the Marios, but Ganon outranges/powerhouses 95% of the cast. The matchup is definitely even.
I'm not going to NYC if there's no major tourney, but I am going to Georgia.. are you going there? =P

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Didn't Phanna explicitly state that he isn't going to bother to update this chart anymore?
Well I am all about Brawl now, but if you want to compile posts since the last update to back up each change you suggest, I can probably update accordingly.

Edit: Interesting, this is under tournament discussion now. I might have to put together a Brawl version... I'd start the same way, by going through character-specific forums for threads about match-ups, and based on what people say for each assign numbers, and then get feedback from there. I do know there is the positive / neutral / negative match-up chart thread for Brawl, which is also a good start.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
whoa whoa whoa, the Exarch match should not be included in this. Read the fine print on the extra details on that youtube vid. It was in no way a serious match.
Son! You betta take me seriously!
Rematches in Atlanta.
And you've said yourself on many occasion you can't sandbag against me. Don't tell me you were lying!!

(When I put up video I generally try to pick ones which are relatively close between the two players, or something amazing happens. Had Mark not 3 stocked me the time before I would have put that one up as well.)

Hey otg knows who I am. ^_^

Also, this chart is also severely unarguably outdated.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I was going to make a list based off how many points each person has on this match up chart, but stopped when I reaad that Fox has a 7 advantage against DK. lol

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
This is an outstanding list that needs to be updated, if I get the chance I will go through all the posts and see what suggestions have been made.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I know this has been stated before, and I'm probably gonna get in truck-loads of trouble for bumping this month-dead thread, but the Melee scene needs it.

Some avid debate on how to rework the matchup chart should spark some serious interest from the more silent-yet-knowledgeable members of the boards, and it would just be a REALLY useful resource to have stickied if it was up to date. I know character specific threads usually have a bunch of topics on matchups, but it'd be nice to have a current matchup chart for everybody to refer to...

This is just one humble man's opinion though. Don't hate me, pl0x.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I agree and support Master WGS bump. I remember looking for this thread earlier and even though I'm still a rookie, a lot of these matchups seem so incorrect, clearly out of date. I'd definitely like, and would help, to see an effort for an updated version.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Well...I think the best thing to do would be to talk to some of the people in the SBR, and see what their thoughts on it are. Because to be honest...that's pretty much what it comes down to. I believe that an SBR revival would be needed. (I think the last post in there was in like...december, xD) It couldn't hurt to ask or bring up. I'm sure the debate would be rather interesting, to say the least, xD. You should see the ones on Peach vs. Marth against Peach vs. Fox. The results are...well...yeah, xD. Perhaps it is time we did a redo on this. The Tier list was updated...maybe thi matchup? IDK....like I said...SBR is in charge. If they feel there wasn't a need, I'm sure they have their reasons.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
There's no point bumping this. this is even beyond editing. we need a new matchup thread. this is so outdated, it hurts. a lot of what this said was stupid IMO when it came out, and now the new tier list just proves my thoughts right.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I don't think the SBR will be officially helping us update this baby. It might just be up to us laypeople.

I received this PM a while back when I asked SamuraiPanda about it (I suggested one for both Brawl and Melee).

Samurai Panda said:
The SBR has attempted to do this [make a matchup chart] before, but we struggled to come to a consensus, and it is very hard to do this for every character in the game, so we decided to not make a matchup chart for the time being.
[I added the brackets for reference]

So, yeah. This might just be a 'wait 'til someone makes a new one, and we critique it to hell and back until we all (well, mostly) agree.

So...

Anyone brave enough/good enough with graphics to take a shot and make an easy to understand matchup chart V. 1 for us to work with?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
No one suggested choosing a character based on this chart...

i've heard the tier list used as a john, but never this chart lol

Metà

Smash Master
Someone needs to take the initiative to make a new match-up chart.

Someone other than me, of course >_>

Maybe take it to the character specific boards or something? We could get knowledgeable players from within each respective sub-forum to contribute. Again, not myself, I'm too busy right now -_-

otg

Smash Master
What we should really do, is post the idea to create a new matchup chart in the Melee Discussion, and than get representatives for each character to help us put this together. Granted, there will probably be a lot of disagreements, but I'm sure with enough time/effort we can make this relatively accurate.

Top Bottom